AIBP question?

Alaskan Joe

Hmm, so I could order the shot and then request a margarita?

It is okay to let the shot sit until I have both?

Not a problem. The bartenders are pretty bright - once they are familiar with what you drink, they'll make it happen, whether it'a a double or a Margarita and a shot, veer and bottle of water, etc.. While it's one drink at a time, once they know you're not sharing, etc. They'll do their best to tale care of you. Of course, in return it's good to take care of them, ie additional tips for the additional service....

Not a problem. The bartenders are pretty bright - once they are familiar with what you drink, they'll make it happen, whether it'a a double or a Margarita and a shot, veer and bottle of water, etc.. While it's one drink at a time, once they know you're not sharing, etc. They'll do their best to tale care of you. Of course, in return it's good to take care of them, ie additional tips for the additional service....

Once we find the bar we like (the place we will be spending most of our bar time) we will tip the bartender/maid $10 American the first night and once you do that they will take care of you the rest of the week:).

Once we find the bar we like (the place we will be spending most of our bar time) we will tip the bartender/maid $10 American the first night and once you do that they will take care of you the rest of the week:).

:o Just re-read my post and it sounds like my wife and I are total drunks...LoL We don't spend all the time in the bar it just when we spend time in a bar we just choose the same one:o.

:o Just re-read my post and it sounds like my wife and I are total drunks...LoL We don't spend all the time in the bar it just when we spend time in a bar we just choose the same one:o.

[lurks in....] ha ha, it totally DID sound like it. [lurks out....]

There is no time limit, but don't make it look suspicious ! My husband and I both had the package, and if he would go to the bar alone he would just take both of our cards to prove we weren't stealing. I don't know if they will cut someone off if they get too inebriated!

We loved crooners bar on the Ruby!

Yes they cut people off, revoke their AIBP,for 24/48 hrs,then reintroduce AIBP,at limited amounts. Seen it done, seen it happen.

Also anyone caught acquiring drinks for said person, receives the same treatment.

I didn't read that as you and wife being drunks - just normal happy people who find their place for a sailing.

We often spend our first day/night finding our landing spot, along with the waitstaff who will take as good of care of us as we will of them!

I actually understood by your original post that when you settle on where you'll be drinking, you make friends with the barstaff, letting them know your preferences to make their work easier!

I already know about the Consumate Host Cards, will have a notepad and pen with me on my Australian cruise to note who's helped me, how, and where, so due recognition is given. Naturally I'll politely thank them, been taught to do that immediately-positive feedback is SO nice.

101 days to go, and at this time I should be at the Overseas Passenger Terminal waiting to board the Golden Princess.

Does the AIBP entitle you not to pay$5 for the evening cocktail platinum-elite-suite hor dourves?[where they offer those special drinks-chairman of the board-port wine-etc

Those are free too.......

ANY drink $10 and under are included with the package.