AIBP question?

Alaskan Joe

I pretty much know the perks and details of the AIBP however when I get a drink is there a time limit in which I can order my next drink? I have read you just get a sticker on your sail card and they do not even scan your card. If this is true then they would not even be able to tell how long (if you went to another bar that is).

I pretty much know the perks and details of the AIBP however when I get a drink is there a time limit in which I can order my next drink? I have read you just get a sticker on your sail card and they do not even scan your card. If this is true then they would not even be able to tell how long (if you went to another bar that is).

Buy a shot of bourbon. Shoot it down. Get a refill. There is no "time limit" but they will watch you if you buy a pina colada, walk off, come back in a couple of minutes and get another because they will assume you are sharing the package. If they catch you sharing you can lose the package and be charged for all of your drinks.

Yes you get a stick on your card. Their is no time limit on when you can get your next drink. Yes they will swap your card, however if you go to one bar a lot they get to know you and they won't swap your card. They remember your 4 digit number mover on your card. Have fun I love crooner bar

If it's anything alcoholic they have to swipe the card or enter your 4 digit code due to inventory control. The bartenders have to match their "pours" to "inventory".

Edited by Murphey

There is no time limit, but don't make it look suspicious ! My husband and I both had the package, and if he would go to the bar alone he would just take both of our cards to prove we weren't stealing. I don't know if they will cut someone off if they get too inebriated!

We loved crooners bar on the Ruby!

First off thank you for the responses. My wife and I are both getting the AIBP and have no intentions on cheating the system. Its is just she asked me the question if there is a time limit between drinks I told her I will check on here. I tell her to get on C.C. herself and a lot of her questions could and would be answered. She only thinks the right answer(s) comes from the cruise line themselves (like the rep. on the other side of the phone is never wrong:eek:). I told her CC is people like us that cruise and can give first hand experiences on curtain subjects such as; Food, Cabins, AIBP ect. Again thank you for the responses I LOVE CC.:)

First off thank you for the responses. My wife and I are both getting the AIBP and have no intentions on cheating the system. Its is just she asked me the question if there is a time limit between drinks I told her I will check on here. I tell her to get on C.C. herself and a lot of her questions could and would be answered. She only thinks the right answer(s) comes from the cruise line themselves (like the rep. on the other side of the phone is never wrong:eek:). I told her CC is people like us that cruise and can give first hand experiences on curtain subjects such as; Food, Cabins, AIBP ect. Again thank you for the responses I LOVE CC.:)

Fabulous!! I know exactly why you asked as well.

We were on Celebrity and both had the package. We each ordered a glass of wine and right after the waiter set my glass down, this woman came by and took off her coat and my glass of wine went sailing off the table. The waiter brought me another glass of wine and it must have been too soon as the cost showed up on my folio. It was no problem getting it removed but the guy at the front desk said it was programmed in the computer that there wasn't enough time between purchases. I guess they don't think I can guzzle a glass of wine down within 90 seconds without help. :D

We've never had a problem ordering a second drink quickly. Often in the dining room for lunch or dinner, we will order a glass of wine each and then go ahead and order a second glass right after they deliver the first as it sometimes takes a while for them to deliver the second glass. This way, it has already been delivered by the time we are finishing the first glass. Works perfect.

It is interesting how the barman can remember you number. Often waiters did too and then at other times they would swipe and ask us to sign.

It's inconsistent on how they handle it.

There's no real time limit on ordering your next drink.

My husband will order a Jack on ice with a bit of water. As soon as it is brought to him, he'll order a Jack shooter. No problem.

We both have a "liquor sticker" (AIPB) so if he's getting a drink to bring to me he always takes my card.

Joe you can get one right after another. I can see you staggering around the ship right now :eek: :eek: LOL BTW can you get me one I'm the guy in the rowboat stuck in the Bermuda Triangle with only one oar. :D :D

Tony

Joe you can get one right after another. I can see you staggering around the ship right now :eek: :eek: LOL BTW can you get me one I'm the guy in the rowboat stuck in the Bermuda Triangle with only one oar. :D :D

Tony

Nope. No sharing. If they catch you they will take away your sandwich. If you've already eaten it they will take away your oar. You might even end up sharing the rowboat with no drink, no sandwich, and no oar. Don't mess with them! ;)

Celebrity even parceled out Diet Coke with an eye dropper at dinner. They serve the soda in a can, so would bring the can to the table and pour it into a glass of ice. The glass would only hold half the can, but they would refuse to leave the rest. Then, when daughter wanted another one it often took 20-30 minutes to get another half can. What a pain.

Nope. No sharing. If they catch you they will take away your sandwich. If you've already eaten it they will take away your oar. You might even end up sharing the rowboat with no drink, no sandwich, and no oar. Don't mess with them! ;)

OK it looks like no drinks for me. Can I get my sandwich & the oar back :D :D

p.s. You guys can have my mini bar setup of you can get me off the rowboat.

It's free for me. I made elite no big thing.

Tony

OK it looks like no drinks for me. Can I get my sandwich & the oar back :D :D

p.s. You guys can have my mini bar setup of you can get me off the rowboat.

It's free for me. I made elite no big thing.

Tony

Sheesh... Just hide yourself in the free laundry bag and they will take you onboard. I get dibs on the mini bar for telling you how to get out of the rowboat.

Buy a shot of bourbon. Shoot it down. Get a refill. There is no "time limit" but they will watch you if you buy a pina colada, walk off, come back in a couple of minutes and get another because they will assume you are sharing the package. If they catch you sharing you can lose the package and be charged for all of your drinks.

Is this from personal experience?

My DW and I each have the AIBP pacckage for our next four cruises (included in the fare).

From what I read somewhere in CC the bar employees are very glad to see you gulp them down because they get their 15% on each drink! ;)

If the extra shot pushes the cost over $10 then its not eligible and you pay for the entire drink.

Is there any reason you can't order the mixed drink and a separate shot and add it yourself? Not a good choice perhaps with a frosty drink, but would work with a more liquid beverage.

Is there any reason you can't order the mixed drink and a separate shot and add it yourself? Not a good choice perhaps with a frosty drink' date=' but would work with a more liquid beverage.[/quote']

Sure thats possible but it would depend on how the bartender handled it.

Some may look at it as 2 drinks at a time so they may frown on it. Its always worth a try and once one gets to know the bartender then it probably would not be a problem after that. :)

Tony

Is that what you bought with your share of the pool rent money, Tony? Anyway, this doesn't apply to me, I can't have any alcohol boo hoo:(

Is that what you bought with your share of the pool rent money, Tony? Anyway, this doesn't apply to me, I can't have any alcohol boo hoo:(

No Ed I still have the pool money hahaha Margie hasn't found it yet hahaha I'm going to spend it all on the Royal this year. 💸 💸 💸.

Tony

If you want to get a margarita with an extra shot, how would you order it?

The guidelines state that you can order only one drink at a time, so you'd have to order the drink and then the have the waiter make a 2nd trip for the shot. But in actuality, we found the rules weren't so strictly enforced on our May British Isles cruise. DH likes Scotch on the rocks, and one shot doesn't make much of a drink. After a day or two, waiters were happy to bring him a double. Your experience may vary, of course. But if the waiters know you have the package, it's a lot less work for them to bring a double or a drink plus a shot in one trip. Doesn't hurt to ask.

The guidelines state that you can order only one drink at a time, so you'd have to order the drink and then the have the waiter make a 2nd trip for the shot. But in actuality, we found the rules weren't so strictly enforced on our May British Isles cruise. DH likes Scotch on the rocks, and one shot doesn't make much of a drink. After a day or two, waiters were happy to bring him a double. Your experience may vary, of course. But if the waiters know you have the package, it's a lot less work for them to bring a double or a drink plus a shot in one trip. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Hmm, so I could order the shot and then request a margarita?

It is okay to let the shot sit until I have both?