cabin next to laundomat?

Bimmer babe

Anyone have this experience? Was it noisy? Bearable or unbearable? Should I try for another inside cabin? Currently all inside cabins are taken, and I would have to check occasionally to see if any other inside cabins become available.

I've not had the experience on Princess. On DCL, there is a sign reminding people doing laundry to observe the "quiet hours" that are enforced on the ship. On those occasions when there were noise complaints, the 24 hour laundry rooms were locked during "quiet hours."

We never had a problem with the machines. The problems were from people talking/yelling in the halls and while in the laundry rooms.

On the ships we have been on I have noticed the sign that says the laundry is open only for limited hours. I think it opens at 7am. When walking past the laundries I have never heard a sound from inside so I do not think you would hear anything from a cabin next door.:)

Moki's mommy--Thanks for your reply. BTW I have a cat named Moki so your username fits me.

Moki is my cat...he's the one who sits by me while I type, except when he decides to sit on my shoulder and "help."

Yes, I've read that the Princess laundries are not 24/7, so my thinking is that you'll be fine at night. I'll let you know. We are very close on the next cruise.

Edited by moki'smommy

Moki is my cat...he's the one who sits by me while I type' date=' except when he decides to sit on my shoulder and "help."

Yes, I've read that the Princess laundries are not 24/7, so my thinking is that you'll be fine at night. I'll let you know. We are very close on the next cruise.[/quote']

OMG--what are the odds of 2 cats named Moki??

1629194027_MokiandI.jpg.37ab8fe305d13e73c2a81305bdf4d505.jpg

OMG--what are the odds of 2 cats named Moki??

What are the odds of 2 black cats named Moki? Mine is totally black. He is absolutely my shadow. My daughter always tends to pick animals otherwise difficult to find homes. Moki (with another name) had been given up by a lady who went into a nursing home; because he was "older" (as in no longer an incredibly cute kitten) and black, they considered him difficult to place. While the rest of the fur belongs to my daughter, Moki picked me.

I guess I'm the only one to have a bad experience.

We were across the laundromat on the Coral in June in Alaska. Most days it was ok, but the last 2 days, traffic in there was non stop with people waiting to get a machine. Lots of times they propped the door open, and as happens when there are a couple people gathered, conversation ensues which got loud at times. Sometimes I shut the door, but then I'd hear it slamming.

There was no sign on the door limiting the hours, although I have seen it on other ships. I got up during the night to go to the bathroom and heard a noise outside our door. Looked thru the peephole and saw an elderly couple leaving the laundromat. It was 4:00 am!

I guess lots of folks were continuing on tours after the cruise and needed to do laundry.

From this experience I'd never book by the laundromat again. This was a last minute guarantee assignment. In hindsight, I should have complained and maybe they would have locked the door at maybe 10 or 11 o'clock.

Anyone have this experience? Was it noisy? Bearable or unbearable? Should I try for another inside cabin? Currently all inside cabins are taken, and I would have to check occasionally to see if any other inside cabins become available.

I would stay away from it.

I have never had the privilege of a cabin next to a laundry room.

One thing for certain I have heard of the very occasional fights in that area which would add to extra entertainment for you.I repeat very occasionally.Unfortunately every time I have passed a laundry room its been dead quiet:p:D

I think length of your cruise and if a good number of passengers will be doing a pre or post cruisetour (like in Alaska), will greatly affect the # of passengers who need to use the laundromat.

As in our case (detailed above), it was very busy and noisy.

We actually almost always select a cabin that is very close to the laundry room. We tend to include longer land portions with our cruise or take somewhat longer cruises and find this very convenient. It allows us to avoid traipsing down the hall back and forth with bags of laundry. ;)

As far as noise is concerned, we have never heard any.

I thank all of you who replied. :) I'm the kind of person who, if it gets noisy, will certainly speak up to those causing the noise--complaining to the passenger services desk for sure if there are no hours of use posted. This will be on a 21-day cruise on the Pacific Princess.

I thank all of you who replied. :) I'm the kind of person who, if it gets noisy, will certainly speak up to those causing the noise--complaining to the passenger services desk for sure if there are no hours of use posted. This will be on a 21-day cruise on the Pacific Princess.

On a longer cruise, the laundry room will be a lot busier than on a shorter cruise.

We were on a 10-day Mex Riv cruise, in a balcony, on the Grand, right across from the laundry room. It was really quiet and hardly ever in use.

On our Island Princess 15-day Panama Canal cruise, the laundry room had a television in it. The door was constantly propped open (an extreme fire hazard) and several men had turned it into some kind of "man cave". Every time we walked past the laundry room, my husband would say how glad he was that we weren't next to the laundry room.

If it's the only room available, I would probably book it. Then I would keep checking to see if any other rooms become available. That's how I got our room changed on the Island.

Lucky you! Bon Voyage!

If it's the only room available, I would probably book it. Then I would keep checking to see if any other rooms become available. That's how I got our room changed on the Island.

That's exactly what I did. <fingers crossed that I can change it>

It will be one segment of a world cruise--Dubai to Venice in March, 2018...can't wait.:)

Have a wonderful cruise. You have plenty of time to get a different cabin. It's pretty much a sure thing that someone will cancel between now and then.:D

The one you have might be fine, but I prefer not to chance it if you don't have to.

Have a wonderful cruise. You have plenty of time to get a different cabin. It's pretty much a sure thing that someone will cancel between now and then.:D

The one you have might be fine, but I prefer not to chance it if you don't have to.

You've got that right, girl!!

We had a cabin next to the laundry room on a 28 day cruise to Hawaii and Tahiti. The first couple of days it was noisy because only one washer was working and it was out of balance. Plus people were coming in at 4 am! Once the washers were fixed and people's internal clocks were fixed it was fine. We never heard any voices or fights (;))

I think I'll try avoiding it if possible though.