Reflection - Dining Question

Noreen411

Hi

We are booked in a Celebrity Suite.

Our travel agent said our dining is early fixed large table in Luminae

Is Luminae like a main dining room but smaller for certain rooms only? Is the menu very different than the dining room?

We are also thinking of booking a few speciality restaurants during the cruise.

Thank you

Noreen

Hi

We are booked in a Celebrity Suite.

Our travel agent said our dining is early fixed large table in Luminae

Is Luminae like a main dining room but smaller for certain rooms only? Is the menu very different than the dining room?

We are also thinking of booking a few speciality restaurants during the cruise.

Thank you

Noreen

Luminae is the dining room exclusively for suite patrons. Menu is different than the MDR. I don't do specialties because IMHO the prices are too high for the value but that's just me. Also, Luminae is anytime dining, perhaps others can comment but not sure about the large table you mentioned. Celebrity's computer system sometimes requires an entry and that may be why you are showing as fixed.

Edited by dkjretired

Hi Noreen -

The food in Luminae is very different from the main dining room. We think it's absolutely delicious! They serve breakfast and dinner, and lunch on sea days. As Don said it's only for those booked in a suite.

Not sure about the large table, as we've only noticed 2 and 4 tops. As far as dinner time, there isn't a late or early seating. We just notified the Michael's Club concierge of our preferred time for dinner and it was never a problem whatever time we got there. We always had a table for two. For breakfast and lunch we just dropped in during the scheduled hours.

Since the inception of Luminae we no longer book speciality restaurants.

Patty

Edited by Zigster

Hi

Thank you both for the quick replies.

Maybe my travel agent didn't realize they didn't do fixed in Luminae. When I was first speaking with her and we talked about the cabin, she asked my dining preference. Since I usually sail on Royal Caribbean (Reflection will be my first Celebrity cruise) and she mentioned Celebrity is more traditional, I said large table early dining. When she confirmed back once I was all booked, she told me we're in Luminae (we booked a Celebrity Suite) with fixed early at a large table.

Next time I chat with her I'll mention what you told me, that Luminae doesn't work like the regular dining room.

Since we never tried Celebrity I thought it would be fun to try the specialities too. We've done speciality restaurants on Royal in the past and enjoyed them.

We still have almost 2 years before our Reflection cruise and I'm trying to find out things now as it makes the wait more fun

Thank you again

Noreen

Celebrity booking system requires that either traditional (early or late seating) or Select Dining be filled in. Until recently if you chose Select Dining you had to pay the gratuities when you made final payment. That has change but tge booking system has't caught up.

As others mentioned Luminae doesn't have large tables. I only recall 2 tops & 4 tops and a couple of tables with partial booth seating that could accommodate 6-8.

No need for reservations.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Luminae is open for lunch on embarcation day? We would like to have a nice lunch on boarding rather than fight the crowds in the buffet. Also we have a premium drinks package so is there a good selection of wines available to us in Luminae?

Any other tips on a more relaxed boarding would be appreciated. Yes, we are in a suite.

Yes, Luminae is open for lunch on the day of boarding, but if I recall I think it closes at about 1pm so make sure you aren't late boarding! We arrived after 12.30 so just asked if we could go straight there and we were very well looked after. We had a wide selection of wines, pretty much just asked the somellier for suggestions most nights.

Most tables are for 2 in Luminae but I've seen groups as large as 10-12 accommodated, they just push the 2 tops together and make one long table, so if you are with a big group you can sit together.

As others have said, it is not fixed seating, although the MaitreD does like to have an idea of when you will be coming .... we set that up the first night and were always seated immediately when we arrived!

You will also have Michael's Club to enjoy!! A wonderful perk for suites on Celebrity.

We were in a Celebrity Suite on Reflection this past April, it is a wonderful suite, am sure you will love it!!:D

We just got off the Reflection and you definitely needed to let them know when you were coming. There were 2 large parties (one 13 and one 12) and they had standing reservations each night, one at 8:00 and one at 9:00.

We have cruised four times with Luminae and each maitre' said it is best for them if you give them a general idea about what time you'll dine each night.