Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 1

StrikeEagle

Hi everyone,

Family and I we are driving to Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1 for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis in December. We planned to park in the garage at the terminal. I read on this website that inside the parking garage, there is a conveyor and you put your luggage on it and it will go on the ship and there is some app you can install on your phone that also keep track of your luggage. I guess with the conveyor, I can just put my luggage on it and don't have to go through the porters.

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2014/12/cruise-terminal-1-opens-saturday-wows-passengers/

For those already went through this experience, can you tell me how it works, beside putting the tags on our luggage, do we just put it on the conveyor, is there anything else we need to do? How does the tracking system work and what is the name of the app I need to install on my Android phone?

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

We are also driving to Florida and going on the Freedom of the Seas not sure which terminal. Interesting question will love to find out more about the conveyor belt and how this app works. Thanks in advance.

QUOTE=StrikeEagle;50637496]Hi everyone,

Family and I we are driving to Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal #1 for our upcoming cruise on the Oasis in December. We planned to park in the garage at the terminal. I read on this website that inside the parking garage, there is a conveyor and you put your luggage on it and it will go on the ship and there is some app you can install on your phone that also keep track of your luggage. I guess with the conveyor, I can just put my luggage on it and don't have to go through the porters.

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2014/12/cruise-terminal-1-opens-saturday-wows-passengers/

For those already went through this experience, can you tell me how it works, beside putting the tags on our luggage, do we just put it on the conveyor, is there anything else we need to do? How does the tracking system work and what is the name of the app I need to install on my Android phone?

Thanks

Are you saying you saw a conveyor, or just handed the bags to the porters?

Sorry Bob, I was indeed too vague on that. :(

Yes, we did the same as you. Handed off our luggage to the porters.

I have never seen this illusive conveyor belt?? I know it was highly

advertised in their promo when the terminal was first built, but not

sure what happened with that.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Too bad that conveyor doesn't exists seem like it is a good thing to have.

I also saw the advertising of that lugage conveyor on youtube.

About the porters in the garage at cruise terminal 1, after I parked my car with all my luggage still in the car, can I find the porters at any level of the garage parking or the porters only at 1st/ground level.

Do you suggest I should drop off my luggage first before park our car or park our car then pull the luggage to the porter which one is faster?

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

Thank you everyone for your replies. Too bad that conveyor doesn't exists seem like it is a good thing to have.

About the porters in the garage at cruise terminal 1, after I parked my car with all my luggage still in the car, can I find the porters at any level of the garage parking or the porters only at 1st/ground level.

Do you suggest I should drop off my luggage first before park our car or park our car then pull the luggage to the porter which one is faster?

Thanks

Yes..do drop your luggage off first and then park. Make life easy on yourself! ;)

In addition, if you have others with you, they can wait near the entrance with

your carry on bags until you park the car and join them.

Edited by island lady

Thanks

They are only on ground level. It's probably easiest to drop off the luggage first then park the car.

Below is a picture of the conveyor! It is real!

You drive up and into the garage drop off area and drop your luggage in front of the entrance (you hand your luggage to handlers). Then you drive out and back into the garage – this time to the 2nd level or where you pay at the entrance (attendants are available to assist you). You continue to drive higher until you find a place to park.

You then take the stairs or elevator down to the terminal entrance (where you dropped your luggage) and enter the main building (see door in picture below) where you clear security, etc.

In the meantime, the luggage handlers will have placed your luggage onto the conveyor from where it travels to the ship via x-ray security. Guests are not allowed near the conveyor opening.

Terminal1-Luggage.jpg

Last fall we sailed out of Port Canaveral. We parked at Park N Go, which is very close to the port. If you reserve/pay in advance the cost is about $8/day. I think it is about $12/day if you drop by later (google parking at port canaveral and you will see Park n Go) When you drop off your car, they will park it and you immediately get into a van with others heading to the ship and after they fill the van... within a few minutes they drop you and your luggage off by the baggage handlers. When you return... there is a spot where the vans come regularly to pick you up. This took a bit more time than the original trip. It worked out well and cost less than the $15 day they charge at the port. And the nice part, we all stayed together ..vs dropping bags and other passengers off and then going to park.

Terminal1-Luggage.jpg

This picture is misleading. The Drop Off Area is in the left lane on the other side of the conveyor where the Porters are stationed. The drop off area is all along that area and a parking assistant directs you which porter to drive to. They will be on the right hand side of the cars as you pull up. Then you depart this area and make a directed U-Turn to the entrance for the parking garage.

Is there clear signage and is it easy to figure out how to drive to the drop off area of the parking garage? Seems confusing. Also do all RCCL ships leave from Terminal 1?

There is clear signage.

If there is only one RC ship in port, it will most always leave from terminal 1.

Is there clear signage and is it easy to figure out how to drive to the drop off area of the parking garage? Seems confusing. Also do all RCCL ships leave from Terminal 1?

My suggestion is to go slow and read the signs. We are local but the first time into the new terminal was not straight forward.

Also what Bob said about ships in port.

This will be the first time for me doing the driving and I'm a little confused at the drop off changes. In the past, one of us would be dropped off with the luggage and wait until whoever was driving to meet us back in line when we gave the luggage to the porters. So with this new conveyor belt thing in the garage, it sounds like we can both go directly to the garage with the luggage and then check in. Does this sound right?

We live near the Port Canaveral terminal and there is NO such conveyor. You must give your luggage to a Porter as in all other terminals.

Obviously from the pictures, it IS there! We just don't see it, and don't use it

ourselves as passengers. As previously mentioned...it is for the porters use only.

Think airport drop off.

And yes, I live near Port Canaveral also. ;)

The new terminal here in PC is waaay easier to use for check in/drop off/parking etc.

than Tampa or Port Everglades!! :eek:

Edited by island lady

This will be the first time for me doing the driving and I'm a little confused at the drop off changes. In the past, one of us would be dropped off with the luggage and wait until whoever was driving to meet us back in line when we gave the luggage to the porters. So with this new conveyor belt thing in the garage, it sounds like we can both go directly to the garage with the luggage and then check in. Does this sound right?

At Terminal 1 at Port Canaveral, parking is very close to and in the same structure as the porters. If you have rolling luggage, I'd park first and roll the bags to the porters. If you would rather not move the bags yourself, then I'd first drive to the passenger drop-off area, give the bags to the porters, and then park.

After exiting Rte 528 onto George King Blvd go approximately 1/2 mile to terminal. There are two red lights on George King in front of the terminal. Make a left turn at the second red light. Go a short distance and make a left turn at the first street. Go up to the first entrance to the covered parking garage and make a right turn. Follow that lane around to the other side of the garage and you will be directed to the luggage drop off area.

After exiting Rte 528 onto George King Blvd go approximately 1/2 mile to terminal. There are two red lights on George King in front of the terminal. Make a left turn at the second red light. Go a short distance and make a left turn at the first street. Go up to the first entrance to the covered parking garage and make a right turn. Follow that lane around to the other side of the garage and you will be directed to the luggage drop off area.

Agree. The ease of going right into the port off the lightly populated highway

and the clear signage to get there, makes PC absolutely easiest port to get to the terminal and your ship. :)

I really do dislike using PE in comparison!! Even Tampa is no joy. :(

... I really do dislike using PE in comparison!! Even Tampa is no joy. :(

Same way we feel, except they do a pretty good job in Tampa when you consider the confined space they have.

Edited by clarea

Same way we feel, except they do a pretty good job in Tampa when yiou consider the confined space they have.

Yes, also agree.

PC is the super easy, Tampa is doable but terribly congested...PE??!! Ugghhh!!

Guess it is not so bad for pax flying in, but driving into Ft. Lauderdale and

especially the octopus of the nasty set of connecting highways near the airport

is a nail biter!! Even trying to weave the Park n GO shuttle through all the

commercial port activities on the way to the terminal is no joy for them to get

to the various terminals. :eek: