Set Sail pass lines, what is your experience?

With the introduction of this new technology I was just wondering what the lines are like. We are C & A diamond members and were beginnning to appreciate the quick priority check in as my DH is disabled. He cannot stand for long periods due to rheumatoid arthritis, as long as he is continually moving , that is fine. I have done the set sail pass for our forthcoming Brilliance cruise out of Barcelona ,but maybe we will be better off sticking to the priority check in for C & A members. Don't want to steer my DH into a line we can't remove ourselves from.!!:( What experiences have CC members had?

We used the set sail pass last week on the Monarch and it went slower than the regular line. The C and A and suites priority line was the fastest. I had to wait for the rest of our party and watched the lines for a while. At times the regular line was faster and at other times, the set sail pass line was faster. The C and A line was almost always fastest though.

Used it in Miami for Navigator cruise early this month. No problem what so ever. Got to the Set Sail pass line for our corresponding Deck and only had one person in front of us the whole process took less than 5 minutes and I am only a C&A Gold member.

Used Set Sail Pass on our Majesty cruise this past August. No one on line in front of us & we were on your way in about 7 minutes. Very convienent! It was the line for your photo id that took forever. Over 1/2 hour.

Dyanna

We didn't use the Set Sail Pass for our Empress cruise cause my parent's aren't comfortable putting credit card info online. When we got to the terminal we were directed to a seperate waiting area. We had to wait while the Set Sail area was cleared thru Security, maybe 10-15 minutes. When we got to the check in area the lines seemed fairly long still for the SS pass group. We were Platinum in a JS and just walked right up to the agent for our Cat. with no waiting in line at all. Guess it is just luck of the draw.

Used our SetSail Pass when we boarded Jewel of the Seas in Boston on October 22nd. Took it to the priority line for suites and diamond and platinum members and were processed immediately. Others in our group went to the counter for their deck and were processed as quickly. Arrived at port at 11:30 am and were checked in and onboard by 11:40 am. Windjammer wasn't even open until noon but you could check your hand luggage on deck 4 and it was delivered to your room shortly after they were available at 1.

We used Set Sail in Bayonne in Sept. We were dropped off at the port at 11:30 and on the ship by 12. In that half hour we dropped our bags with a porter, walked into the building, walked through the empty "maze" to get to the SetSail desk, got our SeaPasses, got pictures for the SeaPass, had a picture taken, got on a bus to get to the ship and were on the ship as quick as that. Never had to stop moving. It was all very quick and easy. Longest part of the entire check-in was walking through the empty "maze" to get to the Set Sail desk. lol

We had the same experience in Bayonne... plus there was a person at the entrance to the queue area that asked to see if you had the set sail pass completed and directed you to a check in station. It looked like they were prepared to send those without them to a specific line or lines.

Check in took 2 minutes, photo op took 1 minute, photo ID took 1 minute, and them we were sitting in the lounge waiting for our bus number to be called.

Archived