Reflection: can they open the doors between balconies?

lovethesun1960

I can't speak for all types of cabins but I do know that balcony doors can be opened between certain sky suite cabins. We were on the Reflection this spring in a mid-ship Sky suite. The balcony doors on both sides of our cabin balcony were open when we boarded. We had the room steward lock them immediately since we were sailing by ourselves and didn't know our neighbors.

I can't speak for all types of cabins but I do know that balcony doors can be opened between certain sky suite cabins. We were on the Reflection this spring in a mid-ship Sky suite. The balcony doors on both sides of our cabin balcony were open when we boarded. We had the room steward lock them immediately since we were sailing by ourselves and didn't know our neighbors.

We have 2 aft cabins booked for November and were told they could be opened up.

Carol

On our Reflection sailing, 2 cabins 1B deck 8 and partition was opened. We requested that it be opened prior to our sailing. When chatting with our cabin attendant he said that it's never a problem for them to be opened.

Patty

Edited by Zigster

Yes, you can open all the partitions. You need to get your stateroom attendant with his special tool to open it up.

And in case someone is going to ask, you cannot open them on M class ships except for some of the new cabins that were added in recent renovations.

I tried to find this info so as to not repeat a question, but I couldn't. We are in non connecting balcony cabins on deck 6.

Celebrity Cruises offers the ability to open/remove the partitions between verandas on the Solstice Class ships, except in times of inclement weather. The request to have the partition opened/removed can be made onboard. Both party's must agree to having the partition opened/removed.

• The partition can be opened on all Solstice class ships
  • The partition cannot be opened on Millennium Class ships per safety regulations

I tried to find this info so as to not repeat a question, but I couldn't. We are in non connecting balcony cabins on deck 6.

We had two non-connecting aft balcony cabins on Eclipse (S class) Deck 7 and asked our room steward when he took us to the cabin if the partition could be removed. He said they had to get the engineer to do it. When we came back from dinner it was done! Two things you should know: once they remove the partition you will have access through the balcony to each other's cabin...and secondly they cannot remove the entire wall to make it a double balcony....only the half the wall is removed so you can walk from room to room and if you're standing at the railing you can stand together but as for sitting on the same balcony and having drinks or eating dinner...you really can't. We were traveling with DD and SIL and we were all very pleased with it. The rules and regulations do state that the "balcony partition may not be removed under any circumstances for safety reasons"... but if you ask, and if it's not permanently installed, they'll remove it for you :D