Classic Dining on Anthem of the Seas Question

nycfa

We just booked Anthem for October 1, 2016.

We currently have the Classic Seating at 6 pm.

Which I'm leaning towards just keeping as we like to eat earlier rather then later and since we are booking closer to departure figure that was a better way to go...

Anyway, my question.....

We are a Party of 4....will we be given a table for 4 or could we end up in a larger table with other people?

We actually prefer to have just a table for 4 is there anyway to request this before hand? Or just have to wait and see what can be done when we get onboard?

Thanks! We haven't done a RCL in years and this is new and a little confusing.... :)

you can always check with the maître'd, hopefully before the life boat drill.we do this every time we cruise.we have found that they are very accomadating and go out of their way for you.we were on the Anthem in Nov,and our table for two was there every night.have a great cruise.

@watson50 -

Hello there! Was your table for two actually a "table" or were you seated in a row on bench type seats with neighbors practically touching? I saw a vlog on Youtube and it looked like that...I am curious.....:rolleyes:

@watson50 -

Hello there! Was your table for two actually a "table" or were you seated in a row on bench type seats with neighbors practically touching? I saw a vlog on Youtube and it looked like that...I am curious.....:rolleyes:

The four dining rooms are decorated and set up differently. There are some places where there are a row of two-tops against a wall, and those have one person seated on the long banquette and one in a chair. But not all the two-tops are like that.

We just booked Anthem for October 1, 2016.

We currently have the Classic Seating at 6 pm.

Which I'm leaning towards just keeping as we like to eat earlier rather then later and since we are booking closer to departure figure that was a better way to go...

Anyway, my question.....

We are a Party of 4....will we be given a table for 4 or could we end up in a larger table with other people?

We actually prefer to have just a table for 4 is there anyway to request this before hand? Or just have to wait and see what can be done when we get onboard?

Thanks! We haven't done a RCL in years and this is new and a little confusing.... :)

We will be on the same cruise, so see you onboard !! We always send an e mail to the RCL dining e mail address as quoted above and have always been accommodated with our request. I usually do it about 3-4 weeks in advance.

hi there. yes we did have a real table for two every night during the rotation. only in Silk did it seem close to the couple next to us.it worked out quite well actually.we will sail Anthem again,and do it the same way. happy cruising everybody.

hi there. yes we did have a real table for two every night during the rotation. only in Silk did it seem close to the couple next to us.it worked out quite well actually.we will sail Anthem again,and do it the same way. happy cruising everybody.

That's good to hear! Did you do traditional dining?

hello there WMQueenie.we did do traditional,classic dining.we always book the late seating 8:15.this lets us enjoy doing whatever we are doing,other than eating,more time.we had the same servers every night and they would show us the menu from the other three restaurants in case we didn't care for the choices for that night.it all worked for us ,I hope it works for you guys.have a great cruise.

Sorry to jump on to this thread .... I'm brand new on this forum and could not find where to start a new thread! Anyway, the entire dining thing has me totally confused. I've only done small Viking Ocean/River cruises in the past and have now booked Anthem for 2017 to New England. We have 11 in our group. Everyone seems to want to doing the Dynamic Choice to experience different restaurants. I see that that plan only allows 10 to a table. I'll eventually call, but does anyone know if they make exceptions to that rule?

Also, if anyone at all can give me a "see spot run" synopsis on the difference in these dining plans - choice and classic - I sure would appreciate it. Or just point me to something other (another thread here?) than the Royal Caribbean info which is clear as mud! Thanks and sorry to jump on to the poster's thread!

Sorry to jump on to this thread .... I'm brand new on this forum and could not find where to start a new thread! Anyway, the entire dining thing has me totally confused. I've only done small Viking Ocean/River cruises in the past and have now booked Anthem for 2017 to New England. We have 11 in our group. Everyone seems to want to doing the Dynamic Choice to experience different restaurants. I see that that plan only allows 10 to a table. I'll eventually call, but does anyone know if they make exceptions to that rule?

Also, if anyone at all can give me a "see spot run" synopsis on the difference in these dining plans - choice and classic - I sure would appreciate it. Or just point me to something other (another thread here?) than the Royal Caribbean info which is clear as mud! Thanks and sorry to jump on to the poster's thread!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On Anthem, you can opt for Dynamic Choice or Dynamic Classic.

Dynamic Classic is a fixed time each night (either early or late), staying with your same tablemates and wait staff, with a fixed rotation through all 4 "free" restaurants. Perhaps that option would give you capability to have your entire party at the same table.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On Anthem, you can opt for Dynamic Choice or Dynamic Classic.

Dynamic Classic is a fixed time each night (either early or late), staying with your same tablemates and wait staff, with a fixed rotation through all 4 "free" restaurants. Perhaps that option would give you capability to have your entire party at the same table.

Thanks!!!!