Rhapsody Mediterranean review including compasses, photos, and more

Would you be able to check to see if there are any 2 tops near the window? I'm traveling solo and would like a nice seat for comfortable dining. Can you possibly also get an email address so I can make this request to the dining room? Thanks!!

Hi we were on Rhapsody in August, we did MTD and always got a table for 2 by the window. I can recommend table 21, really lovely servers. Enjoy your cruise x

Hi we were on Rhapsody in August, we did MTD and always got a table for 2 by the window. I can recommend table 21, really lovely servers. Enjoy your cruise x

Thank you for this! I'm actually going to email them now and ask for this table.

Well OceanDancer; I don't think I can accurately give you solid comparisons since Mediterranean and Caribbean sailings tend to be quite different. I will say this, I think you may be happier with a larger ship. I loved the energy and the vibe of Rhapsody, but it was pretty darn quiet by midnight most nights (we had an extensive itinerary with early mornings). All the bars close by 1 a.m. except viking crown which was nearly deserted at that time most evenings (we did head up for last call a few times).

As far as late night snack goes, this is another area that Rhapsody could improve. Park Cafe is open only until 12:30 a.m. and the selections are very limited. Basically, anything after midnight you would need to order room service. We had late seating dinner so we were fine, but I did miss the opportunity to grab a slice of pizza after a late night at the bar.

For those who are active nightowls, I think vision class might be just a wee bit too small. You'd probably enjoy a ship with a Royal Promenade much better :).

Yes, after the Anthem I'd feel like I was in a row boat :eek: TA is currently checking another ship now, but over Thanksgiving. Thank you, and again, enjoyed your review.

Hubby made his select package worth while off the beer; he drank only one glass of wine before dinner a few occasions and then gave up. I would personally not recommend the select package for a wine lover.

Any particular bar/servers stand out? Looking for a fun bar/staff to interact with over 10 days with our group! (each cruise we usually find one great bartender/server that makes the trip even more fun).

I don't believe you can request a table when you have MTD, only traditional - the host will determine your table.

Thanks I realized that afterwards. When I was on my hour long call with them today, she said she can put me down for a 2 top so they are aware I want to dine alone.

Thanks I realized that afterwards. When I was on my hour long call with them today, she said she can put me down for a 2 top so they are aware I want to dine alone.

Perhaps we were lucky then because we were able to get the same table each time we eat in the main dining room, which wasn't every day or the same time each night.

Perhaps we were lucky then because we were able to get the same table each time we eat in the main dining room, which wasn't every day or the same time each night.

It is absolutely amazing what a TIP to the Maitre D will do for you and worth EVERY penny.

They try to keep you in the same spot even with MTD - probably makes it easier for waiters. What the poster wanted was to request a certain table (which you can do if you have traditional).

I thought they had a "policy" of trying to set you with the same dining team every evening when possible, if you did not request to be moved. We've asked to be moved a couple of times due to a horible disfunctioning dining team. Likewise we've asked to be seated if not at the exact same table, then at least in their area. That has worked 90% of the times.

Sent from my iPad using Forums