This Miami Hotel search is maddening! Help

pyropoodle

I'm also cruising out of Miami .... and I booked a stay on South Beach. Close to everything and only about $200 for the night, which is a Saturday in the height of season. The place I chose was the Ithaca Hotel of South Beach ... one block off Ocean Drive. free breakfast too. Got great reviews all over the net and it's a small place.

Hope this helps!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

I think with so many positive things to say about the Brickell location and the hotel itself, I've just about decided on the Hampton Inn. I agree with not staying at the hotel airport unless you just ***have*** to stay there. if I were flying in really late, I wouldn't mind. but we do have time to kill and I don't want to just hang around and watch the planes take off.

I appreciate everyone taking the time and giving their input. It really has helped me decide and since I've never been to Brickell, I'm glad to know that it isn't waaaayyyyy out of the way or anything weird. Cruise Critic members are really the best. thanks y'all!

We have stayed here before and it's a good choice. How much is the room here for your night?

Hands down the Hampton Inn Brickell!

Coming in the afternoon, staying near the airport would not be my choice at all. What are you going to do besides possibly swim in the pool? It's wonderful to have a couple of bedrooms, but I would assume you aren't looking to just sit in your room.

The Holiday Inn downtown is an okay hotel. But.... there is construction going on the side of it and behind it as a new tower is being built.

The Hampton Inn Brickell is not only a great hotel, but it's a great area for you to walk around with your family and get to many places to eat. And there will be all price ranges and types of restaurants. You can actually walk to 2 Publix grocery stores from the hotel, a 24 hour CVS, 7-11 and any thing else you need. There is a Walgreens right on Coral Way, but I will say that the prices there are higher than normal. CVS is great.

You will be a couple miles form the port. If you wanted to go to Bayside still, it's very easy to get to via trolley or metro mover (both free) and it's a $5 Uber ride from the hotel.

The cab to the port will be around $16 from the Hampton Inn and Uber would be around half.

We have stayed here before and it's a good choice. How much is the room here for your night?

after the taxes, it is $303.00

I hope that's a good deal. i'll be there in January which as I understand is the time of year that people like me (ahem, living up north in unbearable winter conditions) tend to flock south. even though I can only flock there for one week)

please tell me that is a good rate.

the cheapest I have found (not in a days in/ flea bag type situation) is $197, and that is Residence Inn/ Doral...by the airport.

Hands down the Hampton Inn Brickell!

I am feeling more confident by the post.

The Holiday Inn downtown is an okay hotel. But.... there is construction going on the side of it and behind it as a new tower is being built.

that definitely means I am taking it off of my list and releasing the reservation. the only thing worse than an overpriced motel trying to be a hotel is ongoing construction nearby. with my luck, I'd get a room overlooking the jackhammer!

The Hampton Inn Brickell is not only a great hotel, but it's a great area for you to walk around with your family and get to many places to eat. And there will be all price ranges and types of restaurants. [bold] You can actually walk to 2 Publix grocery stores from the hotel, [/bold]

Shut the front door!, no seriously, this is awesome.

a 24 hour CVS, 7-11 and any thing else you need. There is a Walgreens right on Coral Way, but I will say that the prices there are higher than normal. CVS is great.

I really appreciate all of this info.

The cab to the port will be around $16 from the Hampton Inn and Uber would be around half.

I am also more and more thinking about taking an uber. you'd think living in nyc I would have already done it, but I watch too much criminal minds and I think they are going to murder me...but, eh, for half the price of a cab, I might be willing to risk my life. :D

I am also more and more thinking about taking an uber. you'd think living in nyc I would have already done it, but I watch too much criminal minds and I think they are going to murder me...but, eh, for half the price of a cab, I might be willing to risk my life. :D

I actually think you are safer in Uber than a cab. With Uber there is an electronic record of which car/driver accepted your request and you get a photo of the driver plus the make/model/license of the car. My kids finally talked me into Uber last fall and I am one of the converted now - can't recall the last time I used a regular taxi.

I literally have 4 bookings at the moment. I just don't know which is the best one to choose, or if there is a hotel that I am missing in a glaring way.

there will be 3 adults and one toddler, so while I am ok with taking cabs and whatnot (as opposed to shuttles), I would love to have breakfast included and be located in walking distance to food since our flight will most likely arrive in the late afternoon the day prior to the cruise. I'd hate to be just stuck in the hotel, eating expensive hotel food for the duration.

so, here are the 4 I have reserved for my cruise in January. they are all..well, kinda close in price. the cheapest is $197 and the most expensive is $336..i don't want to go more than that.

what should I keep? or suggest one I may be missing

Residence inn Miami Airport/ Doral

Hampton Inn/ Downtown Brickell

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Hyatt Place Miami

your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Without a doubt the Hampton Inn Brickell. Listen to Carolyn, she lives in the neighborhood.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know. I bet my toddler would enjoy riding in a metro. He is currently in love with busses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please don't take the metro with a toddler at night. There is a reason the metro stops are patroled with armed guards.

Another vote for Uber.

I also wouldn't stay out by the airport.

after the taxes, it is $303.00

I hope that's a good deal. i'll be there in January which as I understand is the time of year that people like me (ahem, living up north in unbearable winter conditions) tend to flock south. even though I can only flock there for one week)

please tell me that is a good rate.

the cheapest I have found (not in a days in/ flea bag type situation) is $197, and that is Residence Inn/ Doral...by the airport.

If you go to this site:

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

Sign up to be a Hilton Honors member (absolutely free) and you can get a rate of $252 for 2 Queen beds at this Hampton Inn.

07 Jan 2017 - 08 Jan 2017

1 room for 3 adults and 1 child Change

2 QUEEN BEDS NONSMOKING Non Smoking Room

Price: 223.20

Taxes: 29.02

Room Subtotal: 252.22

Hilton Worldwide MVP

Change

Total for stay: $252.22 USD

I actually think you are safer in Uber than a cab. With Uber there is an electronic record of which car/driver accepted your request and you get a photo of the driver plus the make/model/license of the car. My kids finally talked me into Uber last fall and I am one of the converted now - can't recall the last time I used a regular taxi.

That is good to know. I think i'll get the app and do the uber when we land.

Without a doubt the Hampton Inn Brickell. Listen to Carolyn, she lives in the neighborhood.

also good to know. I love, love, love getting info from a local! they know what they are talking about. I appreciate that.

Please don't take the metro with a toddler at night.
oh, no worries on that one. luckily ( or maybe not so luckily since we'll want to do things at night) he's used to taking his bath around 7 and he's fast asleep at 7:30 or 8. no late nights yet for this little man.

If you go to this site:

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

wow, I am heading there in 3....2...1...

thanks for that tip. I am definitely going to stay in brickell. i'll see if I can hook up a deal for that 252. y'all are so awesome!

Edited by pyropoodle

Here is another vote for the Hampton Brickell. I am booked there in January. It is close to last minute shopping, restaurants, has a free breakfast, and has very good ratings on Trip Advisor.

Thanks for another vote! We will be staying one night in January pre-cruise. You wouldn't think that choosing somewhere for one night would be such a harrowing ordeal, but I am a planner so I like to know as much as I can about everything

I know I'm a little late in the game, but I want to echo all those who LOVE Hampton Inn Brickell. We have stayed there 5 times pre cruise with 2 more stays coming up. It is a beautiful hotel, very safe, very clean, delicious breakfast, and gorgeous rooftop pool that my 3 year old LOVES! They treat you like family there. We will be there in 4 weeks and can't wait!

Haha- thanks for the map! And glad I saved some time for others by posting. I really thought there would be more posted on these boards about this hotel, but I could have missed it. It sounds like we are going to really enjoy our night there.

And rooftop pool? What? I'm sold

Edited by pyropoodle

Haha- thanks for the map! And glad I saved some time for others by posting. I really thought there would be more posted on these boards about this hotel, but I could have missed it. It sounds like we are going to really enjoy our night there.

And rooftop pool? What? I'm sold

sounds awesome, I've only ever stayed at Element in Miami, i just stick with what i know for fear of getting a terrible hotel, lol!

I am sailing out of FLL in a few weeks, stayed at The Westin Beachfront resort, with a WALKWAY over the street to the ocean - Im pretty pumped about that