HELP! Tell me about the hairdryer in BREAKAWAY cabins!

CRUZMEME

Starting my packing......Tell me about the hairdryer.....Is it really good, and strong??? I really don't want pack my own, but I have really thick hair and my hairdryer gets the job done pretty quickly. Will the one in our cabin do the job??? We are in a mid-ship balcony on deck 10.

I brought my own and the first night I used it - I kind of blew a fuse or something and when I called for help had to wait about 15-20 minutes for them to reset it. I was told to NOT use my own and it's stated in notes on the vanity area. Their hairdryer was excellent.

I brought my own and the first night I used it - I kind of blew a fuse or something and when I called for help had to wait about 15-20 minutes for them to reset it. I was told to NOT use my own and it's stated in notes on the vanity area. Their hairdryer was excellent.

Totally had the same experience and agree. I'm a freak about not wanting to use lousy hairdryers and I did well with the one provided in my cabin. It's a real one, not a cheap toy mounted to the wall like many cruise cabins have.

Starting my packing......Tell me about the hairdryer.....Is it really good, and strong??? I really don't want pack my own, but I have really thick hair and my hairdryer gets the job done pretty quickly. Will the one in our cabin do the job??? We are in a mid-ship balcony on deck 10.

When do you leave? We are mid ship deck 10 sailing Aug 14 and will have a straighter, curler and blow dryer on board as my daughter doesn't leave home without it, you are welcome to borrow if you are on our sailing :)

I, too, have long, thick hair...I bring my own dryer. The ship's are NOT good, IMO!

I guess you aren't reading about the blow dryers and blowing a circuit.. if it says not to plug one in, why would you disobey? I have long hair and have never had a problem on the Breakaway getting it dry.

Just got back today......we had an amazing time! The blowdryer in the room worked great! I ended up packing my own, and never used it!!!! IF you are like me an have thicker hair, do not worry about the dryer in the room! I will not bother to pack my own next time!

Just got back today......we had an amazing time! The blowdryer in the room worked great! I ended up packing my own, and never used it!!!! IF you are like me an have thicker hair, do not worry about the dryer in the room! I will not bother to pack my own next time!

Now you know for next. Glad you enjoyed your cruise:)

• 7 months later...

I have not sailed the Breakaway, am going to this coming Sunday, but the other newer ships seem to have very good dryers and it is one less thing to pack, plus I don't have to worry about not following the policies. I will add, I do not have thick hair; even if I did I would still use the ships dryer. :)