Haven Butler questions on Breakaway

LuvTheSea14

I honestly think that where your Haven cabin is makes your butler more available. For an example.. once in Haven room on the Courtyard floor.. saw butler constantly..Once in owner's suite which was different floor than Haven area.. was virtually ignored all week. Did not feel apart of all things Haven.. would never not stay on the floor of courtyard again.

It may have been your butler. I was in a haven spa suite on 14th floor and found the butler to be very accommodating I cannot say this enough times on the care Gian took of my mother. I am still so sentimental about his.

It may have been your butler. I was in a haven spa suite on 14th floor and found the butler to be very accommodating..

+1

There are good butlers and there are bad butlers. We've never stayed in Haven proper but seen enough of both (even on ships that have no Haven).

Edited by Demonyte

It may have been your butler. I was in a haven spa suite on 14th floor and found the butler to be very accommodating I cannot say this enough times on the care Gian took of my mother. I am still so sentimental about his.

We love Gian for the same reason [emoji5] He treated my mother like a queen and added so much to her enjoyment of the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My mother and I were on the Star not too long ago and Clint was our butler. He was simply amazing! Besides bringing us the Greek salad every afternoon (which we are addicted too) and performing all of the other “butler duties”, he went out of his way for us. My husband had mentioned that he would like me to bring him some cigars from one of the islands but lazy me didn’t feel like getting off the ship. I mentioned this to Clint and he offered to have one of his butler friends, who had time off that afternoon, to get them for me. Later that afternoon he appeared at our door with 10 cigars for my husband. He even refused to let me reimburse him for the expense. He was so thoughtful and sweet to my mother also, while always maintaining professionalism at all times. My sister and I ended up on the Star 2 months later (I know, lucky me!) and Clint was able to be our butler again. It was wonderful! My sister and I will be on the Breakaway in September and we are so wishing that Clint will be there.

Edited by DonsTowing

Not detracting from the butlers I've had, because they've been great. But, some of the requests I'm reading has me "wondering".

I won't ask a butler to unpack my luggage. It takes me all of 5 minutes to do so, and I'll know where everything is as a result.

Doing hair? Do you really want someone who isn't a cosmotologist to "fix" your hair? I highly doubt they're trained to do that.

Kind of surprised a butler agreed to that.

yes there are good Butlers, we never had a bad Butler, but boy there can be some bad passengers, that are asking way too much from their Butler.

I think passengers should consider that they are not the only ones that their Butler has to tend too, he has many more Cabins ans passengers to take care off......sorry but unpacking my bags or running my bathwater would not be something i would be asking, but that's just me.

He or she would most certainly deserve a $500 tip just for doing that.

Marion

yes there are good Butlers, we never had a bad Butler, but boy there can be some bad passengers, that are asking way too much from their Butler.

I think passengers should consider that they are not the only ones that their Butler has to tend too, he has many more Cabins ans passengers to take care off......sorry but unpacking my bags or running my bathwater would not be something i would be asking, but that's just me.

He or she would most certainly deserve a $500 tip just for doing that.

Marion

I absolutely agree with you regarding Butler duties...when my mom and I sailed and I had issues getting her to eat because of her illness ....I jumped at the chance when she wanted something "after hours". I would have preferred calling room service staff over our butler Gian. When I explained to him that i would prefer to go to regular late night room service staffing rather than possibly wake him He would have none of that....I was not comfortable with that but my mom comes first. Now that said....Haven suites do not come cheap. If that is the service that NCL is offering for Haven and at that price most cabins go for.......people are entitled to get what they paid for. If NCL states that haven offers unpacking.....well people are entitled to get that service. Most everyone works hard for their money and vacation.....they are entitled to the service they paid for.

I absolutely agree with you regarding Butler duties...when my mom and I sailed and I had issues getting her to eat because of her illness ....I jumped at the chance when she wanted something "after hours". I would have preferred calling room service staff over our butler Gian. When I explained to him that i would prefer to go to regular late night room service staffing rather than possibly wake him He would have none of that....I was not comfortable with that but my mom comes first. Now that said....Haven suites do not come cheap. If that is the service that NCL is offering for Haven and at that price most cabins go for.......people are entitled to get what they paid for. If NCL states that haven offers unpacking.....well people are entitled to get that service. Most everyone works hard for their money and vacation.....they are entitled to the service they paid for.[/

I agree! I'm just saying what I do and don't do! not

saying what everybody else does is wrong ! We

stay in the DOS when we cruise ( once a year) so

we know it's not cheap.

Edited by mkalio

I absolutely agree with you regarding Butler duties...when my mom and I sailed and I had issues getting her to eat because of her illness ....I jumped at the chance when she wanted something "after hours". I would have preferred calling room service staff over our butler Gian. When I explained to him that i would prefer to go to regular late night room service staffing rather than possibly wake him He would have none of that....I was not comfortable with that but my mom comes first. Now that said....Haven suites do not come cheap. If that is the service that NCL is offering for Haven and at that price most cabins go for.......people are entitled to get what they paid for. If NCL states that haven offers unpacking.....well people are entitled to get that service. Most everyone works hard for their money and vacation.....they are entitled to the service they paid for.

There's a night butler, you won't wake your butler up if you call late at night.

I am on breakaway now in haven and my butler Ramona is fantastic. I have seen her more in on the first day then my other butler I had two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had Ramona when we were in an aft Haven suite April of last year. We loved her, too. Every time we have been on since, we have hoped to have her again, but no luck. We will be on again in an aft suite next week. Please tell her Nancy and Victor hope to have her again starting Sunday.

I am on breakaway now in haven and my butler Ramona is fantastic. I have seen her more in on the first day then my other butler I had two years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That must be Ramona from Romania? We first spotted her as a washy washy girl in the buffet on BA in March 2014. We had her another night as waitress in Le Bistro. She is a gem.

She mentioned how she was sometimes a fill-in butler for someone sick or a nighttime butler but it sounds like she has made it full time. Good for her and anyone who gets her as a butler.

Your butler can bring a drink (alcoholic) but it will NOT be covered by the UBP. You will be charged for it if it is delivered to you.

Non-alcoholic drinks (iced tea, for ex.) are delivered free of charge.

so sodas are free delivered to your room for haven rooms? this i did not know. good info! i assumed all drinks were charged. so why would one spend 3 for a can when you can get free soda delivered. hmmm

so sodas are free delivered to your room for haven rooms? this i did not know. good info! i assumed all drinks were charged. so why would one spend 3 for a can when you can get free soda delivered. hmmm

No Soda's are not free, only if you are in the Deluxe Owner

Suite and above, or in a Suite with Bar Set up.

if not you will still be charged for Sodas.

Just double check to be sure!

By soda and iced tea, I mean fountain/pitcher, not cans.

Sorry for the mix up.

If you booked with UBP then Can sodas are included

i dont think this is true. i dont think cans of soda are included in any room service (maybe DOS).

Ha, I never asked for a can. He always brought a pitcher. I'm glad that he did since we always finished whatever was in the pitcher (2 kids with us). :D

this post seems to confirm that fountain sodas are free brought to room which is what i actually intended to ask. i probably will be buying a case of water anyway cause soda does nothing for my thirst