Allure - Junior Suites Worth it?

Thinking of booking the Allure again next spring. I have been looking at an Oceanview Balcony (D3) or a Junior Suite.

A Junior Suite might be nice since we have a 1 year son ( who will be 2 at the time of sailing) and the extra room will be helpful

However Junior Suites are going for 50% more or higher than D3's under the current promotion. Junior Suites on the Allure do not come with any other Suite perks

Has anybody stayed in both that can let me know if the extra price is worth it for a JS?

I just sailed Oasis in a Junior Suite with a 1 1/2 and 3 1/2 year old and I'd say "no, not worth it".

We aren't booking Junior Suites anymore with Royal, too expensive for what you get.

The main benefit is having a walk in closet and full size bath tub. The space in the room felt rather trivial and it's a very loose use of the word "suite." The other benefit is priority embarkation, access to coastal kitchen (dinner only) and you can get all the pool towels you want without having to worry about putting them on your card and being charged if you don't return it.

For 50% more, I'd skip it and we will be skipping it moving forward when sailing with the kids. Planning Allure next July and will almost certainly avoid the JS.

We have two kids, and we have the same decision every single time. Personally, I wouldn't pay a 50% premium for a JS. I'd pay it for a Grand Suite, where I can get a full menu room service, larger bathroom and the suite lounge benefits. But with the JS you're only buying yourself a tad more square footage and the bathtub.

We have found that our kids do fine with the shower, the showerhead is adjustable/removable. That extra $$ will go a long way towards the spa, drinks, flights, excursions, etc.

My 2 cents. If $$ is not a huge factor, then go for it.

NO!! The crazy cost for a few square feet of room is a waste. Also, the JS has a tub which is dangerous to get in/out of and slippery inside, Suggest a D cabin and spend the difference on other things

Thinking of booking the Allure again next spring. I have been looking at an Oceanview Balcony (D3) or a Junior Suite.

A Junior Suite might be nice since we have a 1 year son ( who will be 2 at the time of sailing) and the extra room will be helpful

However Junior Suites are going for 50% more or higher than D3's under the current promotion. Junior Suites on the Allure do not come with any other Suite perks

Has anybody stayed in both that can let me know if the extra price is worth it for a JS?

Check the holiday (Passover and Easter) dates before booking. You may be looking at a school vacation week. You probably have the flexibility to avoid that, and prices will be lower when schools are not on vacation.

:)

Thanks all for the input!

Sounds a lot like what NCL does with their "mini suite" cabins which basically are balcony cabins with a slightly larger and nicer bathroom

Current promotion I would be paying around $2,450 total for 3 of us in D3 and around $4k total for JS. Doesn't sound like it is worth the difference of more than $1,500

Sounds a lot like what NCL does with their "mini suite" cabins which basically are balcony cabins with a slightly larger and nicer bathroom

Current promotion I would be paying around $2,450 total for 3 of us in D3 and around $4k total for JS. Doesn't sound like it is worth the difference of more than $1,500

Nope, not worth it for me at that price.

Are you glued to one particular week? If not, try all possibilities.

...Junior Suites on the Allure do not come with any other Suite perks...

Other than double points.

Beyond that, a JS is roughly a room and half in width compared to a balcony room. So you could also look at in terms of $ per sq. ft. All in all the answer is going to be "it depends". If you are thinking you might spend extra time in your room because of your little one, it may be beneficial.

If it were me, I'd take the smaller room and spend the money on a few extra things, like even a babysitter for an evening and a nice dinner for the two of you.

My DW and I love the extra room in the JS.We book them a long as the price is reasonable. Hard for us to go back to a regular balcony after the JS.

JS fan as well :D

Lots more space inside and outside.

Loungers on the hump

Coastal Kitchen is to die for

Bathtub great for kids

Double points, if you're into that. ;)

Better mattress

You can fit a pack and play in the closet :cool::eek:

Pretty key card

Coffee maker

Better furniture

Edited by John&LaLa

I did the Haven on the NCL Breakaway in May because I was able to get a great deal by calling their upsell department about 10 days before the cruise. However the NCL Haven comes with a lot more perks than the RCL JS cabins and by doing the upsell I paid about $3,000 less than what I would have paid had I booked the Haven online

It definitely is tempting to take the extra space especially with my little guy but I am not sure about $1,500 more

I am also not familiar with the Coastal Kitchen. Is this a restaurant that is exclusive to suite guests?

When is the best time to book and get better deals on JS upgrades? You guys talk about $400 differences, etc.

I'm looking at Allure for June 25th, 2017. It's a $2700 difference between OV Balcony and JS. Even the Balcony room for 4 of us is $5092 - which is fairly ridiculous. They charge nearly full price for guest 3 and 4.

Any tips on getting better pricing for this?

I did the Haven on the NCL Breakaway in May because I was able to get a great deal by calling their upsell department about 10 days before the cruise. However the NCL Haven comes with a lot more perks than the RCL JS cabins and by doing the upsell I paid about $3,000 less than what I would have paid had I booked the Haven online

It definitely is tempting to take the extra space especially with my little guy but I am not sure about $1,500 more

I am also not familiar with the Coastal Kitchen. Is this a restaurant that is exclusive to suite guests?

Coastal Kitchen is a suites only venue. An oasis on the Oasis, so to speak. Sea Class (junior suites) are allowed for dinner. It is the reason we have a JS on Oasis for 8 trips on Oasis next year.

When is the best time to book and get better deals on JS upgrades? You guys talk about $400 differences, etc.

I'm looking at Allure for June 25th, 2017. It's a $2700 difference between OV Balcony and JS. Even the Balcony room for 4 of us is $5092 - which is fairly ridiculous. They charge nearly full price for guest 3 and 4.

Any tips on getting better pricing for this?

Yes. Starting today, children cruise "free" in the cabin with you. Re-price your cruise.

We booked a JS on the hump on the Allure and loved it. We will not go back to a D cabin. To us, the nicer bathroom, the walk-in closet, and the larger balcony with loungers is well worth it. However, we always sail in November when prices are much less, we always book during a sale, plus the kids are grown so we have more disposable income.

Yes. Starting today, children cruise "free" in the cabin with you. Re-price your cruise.

How do you book with this discount? I just checked right now and still $5k for 4 of us in an OV Balcony. June 25th, Allure. Kids are 4 and 2 at time of sailing. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, so it's only for select sailings. However, I was considering a Carnival cruise in Oct, but I can do Allure for cheaper around the same dates.... seems a no brainer :) I may end up booking this deal, $1900 all-in for a 7 day Allure cruise for the 4 of us... fantastic.

Edited by BNBR

How do you book with this discount? I just checked right now and still $5k for 4 of us in an OV Balcony. June 25th, Allure. Kids are 4 and 2 at time of sailing. Any help is appreciated.

Ok, so it's only for select sailings. However, I was considering a Carnival cruise in Oct, but I can do Allure for cheaper around the same dates.... seems a no brainer :) I may end up booking this deal, $1900 all-in for a 7 day Allure cruise for the 4 of us... fantastic.

That's a good deal!!!

That's too much. I don't think I would even upgrade for $500 for the week. The extra space, double points and Coastal Kitchen don't mean that much to us

Have you eaten there yet? It's really good. We plan on going there 4-5 nights per voyage.