Best & Worst MDR Dishes?

I have enjoyed the duck every time I have ordered it.

But some people just don't like duck. ;) :D

Good luck getting your duck, Penny!

Hi Carol, no duck last night, replaced with chicken again !! However the lobster bisque was delicious with a measure of brandy and heavy cream poured in !!

Hope you are well.

Lobster bisque is (should be) made with stock extracted from lobster shells. The best way I can describe what it's been like on my last 2 RCCL cruises is that it tastes like the shells were old - kind of ammonia-y and very, very strong smelling. I'm thinking it can't be a fluke; more of a recipe issue since it was so similar on two different ships a year apart. Very unpleasant and the waiter on ROTS discouraged me from ordering it.

Thanks for the description

Hi Carol, no duck last night, replaced with chicken again !! However the lobster bisque was delicious with a measure of brandy and heavy cream poured in !!

Hope you are well.

Did you request the cream and brandy or did they bring it with the bisque. That sounds so good.

There's an apple/chicken salad (kind of like a deconstructed Waldorf salad) that's good

royalcruise277_zps094152dd.jpg

And I do enjoy the Italian menu - 2 good dishes on that one

The Arincini balls are a solid starter

royalcruise304_zps2cf7fd98.jpg

And I like the Lasagna. It's not really what American's think of as lasagna - instead of cheese, it is served with a rich Béchamel sauce. So it's layers of pasta, beef, sauce and then a healthy serving of a buttery, cream sauce.

royalcruise308_zps4f2da12c.jpg

The chicken appetizer was such a delight….Oakwood chicken salad, I think. Fabulous… Also the lasagna turned out to be one of my favorite meals on the Allure. I usually avoid anything Italian but that night, nothing else appealed. Now I am really hoping it will be on the Liberty offering one night!!