Best & Worst MDR Dishes?

Can anyone share any particularly memorable MDR dishes -- good or bad? I'm terrible at decision-making, so I'm checking out the menus in advance, and would love some insight into what I should try and what to avoid!

Cruising Allure of the Seas on 8/21, but would love to hear from those who've cruised other ships as well since the menus are the same.

There is a dish that I have heard others praise, but I have found to be a giant hunk of salty mess. That's the chicken marsala.

Awww, really?? I had that scoped out for one of my MDR dinners. Guess I need a backup plan. :)

Worst would have to be the Lobster Bisque (as has been mentioned). It's so bad even the smell is off-putting. We've not had good luck with grilled steak or anything deep-fried in the MDR.

Favourite entrees would be Carved Beef Tenderloin, Garlic Tiger Shrimp, Braised Beef Duo, Roast Turkey and Veal Oscar. I also really like the Vignole Salad, Crab Cake, Arancini, Olive Tepanade and Escargot for starters.

Truth be told, all the food is basically fine and there's always something appealing to chose but I haven't really had a spectacular meal in the MDR for quite a while.

Edited by ronandannette

There is a dish that I have heard others praise, but I have found to be a giant hunk of salty mess. That's the chicken marsala.

Agree - nothing even close to the real thing.

Agree - nothing even close to the real thing.

The only good indian food we have found has been in the windjammer when the chefs have a bit more artistic licence to cook "off script" the proper dishes.

Love: Garlic Tiger Shrimp, Mojo Pork Chop, Ceviche, Crab Cakes, Escargot, Cherries Jubilee and the chilled soups (which I'd never had before I started cruising - now I look forward to them)

On my first cruise, there was some pasta dish where the shells were supposed to be stuffed with beef but my server told me he didn't think I'd like it and suggested something else. He brought the pasta dish out anyway so I could try it and he was right. I would have been disappointed if I'd gotten it. (We actually saw him again on our 3rd cruise but were too scared to go say hi. My son was like "Do you really think he'd remember us???" LOL!!!)

Love love love the escargot. Mmmmm now I'm dreaming of sopping up the garlic butter with some crusty bread! 121 DTG for me ;)

Also love the cold soups as mentioned above. I love to pick items that I wouldn't normally choose at home. There's also a fantastic Grand Marnier soaked cake!