Anne frank question

Yes. We did this last summer. I think it's basically for people who have NOT read " The Diary of Anne Frank". It gives a basic overview of what you'll be seeing. I thought it was very good ( and I was very familiar with everything Anne Frank). I'm glad we did it....and if we went back, I'd do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We just did this last week, and it was a good introduction to the tour and reminder of the book if you have not read it recently. Also, I hope you have managed to get your tickets online. The waiting line with no tickets was very long, perhaps hours.

• 2 years later...
Did you see any young children taking the tour? Our daughter will be 9 years old by the time we take the trip. Just checking if it would be appropriate.

Have her read the Diary and she won’t be able to wait for the visit. I read it at her age before a visit as well.

Did you see any young children taking the tour? Our daughter will be 9 years old by the time we take the trip. Just checking if it would be appropriate.

Depends if your daughter can handle the realisation it doesn't end happily ever after at the end of the tour and Anne and her sister died of starvation or typhoid before being buried in a mass grave after being imprisoned by people who kept index cards detailing the people they intended to murder.

Personally I would suggest that would be quite tough for a 9 year old.

Only you know your daughter. I will tell you this was an extremely moving tour that left a sadness/recollection period hours at minimum. Being that it was from a child’s perspective is gut wrenching for me.

Like just saying the only recovery was the “coffee shops” ;-)

Kerri