does a travel agent have acess to specific room availability

fluffluf

we're looking to book a Carnival cruise with 6 families.At booking, I would plan to have the deck plans printed out showing the cabin type layout and we want to try to group our cabins as close as possible. I know by going directly through the cruise agent they could tell me which cabins were available in the deck/area we wanted and I could use my deck plan map to select cabins for our group. there is a good travel agent that we used before for just one couple but I'm afraid that with a travel agent they might not have access to what the open vs the already booked cabins are and would have to request the cabins through Carnival and then get back and say such and such a cabin was already booked.

Second question along that line unlike airline sites that show you what seats are open Carnival doesn't seem to have any such thing on their website so I have been checking available cabins by doing imaginary trial bookings such as requesting a two bedroom interior cabin and a two bedroom balcony say aft on deck 8 and the website will then show the available cabins to choose from which I in turn circle on my deck plan map --any better way with Carnival to check available (vs booked) cabins?

thanks

Best to ask on the Carnival board. If the TA cannot get more than 10 cabins showing, they'll call Carnival.

The website will show up to 10 cabins at a time. Can search by cabin occupancy. Cannot search by connecting cabins. Some ships do not have connecting cabins.

Never seen a two bedroom cabin in Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

TA's have a different booking system than you can see on the sites

They should be able to pull up the deck you are looking at for any available cabins ...

Also , with 6 families , consider have your TA block your own Group space (even if it is not yet 8 cabins) , to earn Amenities and the 1 for 16 guests (dbl occ.) free cruise fare.