How do you carry your sign and sail card?

kheilmann

i punch a hole in my drivers license.. visa , and sail and sign... and I put them all on a lanyard..

mostly I have pockets.. so I loop the lanyard thru the belt loop and put the cards in my pocket...

when I don't have pockets .. I wear the lanyard on my neck...

when I go into the cabin.. I hang the cards right inside the door.. so I know where they are when I go to leave again...

when I go ashore.. I have my ID, my credit card.. and my S&S to get off and back on.. i don't take my passport.. that is another thread! lol

once I dropped my lanyard just outside the cruise terminal ... and by the time I got to the ship to "ding in" , and started to explain I had lost S&S ... and they asked.. oh,, is your name Jamie? it had already been turned in!! .. I am sure that bright red and white lanyard caught someones attention more than a small card would have.......

i punch a hole in my drivers license.. visa , and sail and sign... and I put them all on a lanyard..

mostly I have pockets.. so I loop the lanyard thru the belt loop and put the cards in my pocket...

I would not advise anyone to punch a hole in their credit card and in many states, Minnesota for instance, you invalidate your license if you punch a hole in it.

Do what you want but others should take heed that this may cause more problems than it's worth.

Take care,

Mike

We use lanyards , we have annual passes for many amusement parks so it's just second nature to us to wear our cards around our neck for easy access . Unless I have my camera out with me , I'll keep it in my bag 👍

Even with annual passes to amusement parks, we don't wear lanyards. Every year at Colonial Williamsburg, where the annual passes are supplied in lanyards and must be shown to enter each site, we still don't wear them. I clip my pass and both of my DDs' to one lanyard, get rid of the 2 extra, and attach that lanyard to my purse, so that I can show all 3 passes quickly each time without having to wear the thing. DH attaches his to a belt loop, I think. And at amusement parks, like Busch Gardens, I carry all of our passes, sans lanyards, in my Pacsafe cross-body bag. When we purchase something in the park for which the pass gets us a discount, I simply take it out and show it. I'm going into the bag for the credit card to pay, anyway, so it's not a big deal.

All this is just to say, we're all going to do things differently, for different reasons, even in the same situations. I dislike lanyards, so I will not wear one unless forced to do so. Even in a situation where to someone else, a lanyard might seem the best choice or even second nature, to me it never will. But I have absolutely no critical feelings towards others for wearing lanyards. Some of my best friends wear lanyards.:p:D:p

As it is credit card size, put it in your pocket. Using a lanyard round your neck looks so naff to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we were in line to get back on board and a person in front of me had his in his pocket when he went to get it out his money also came out he didn't realize it until i mention it, he did not look "naff" to me just my opinion.

I wear mine around my neck they had some lanyards in the Carnival store for .75 cents with locations printed on them, Alaska, Hawaii, etc. a good deal

Carnival sells something for .75 cents?!? I bought a rain poncho from them for $1.99 and thought that was the best deal Carnival had.

Yes, naff is a British slang word, dork is probably a suitable partner word. Also why would you telegraph to everyone when you go ashore that you are a tourist off the cruise ship. Perfect 'look at me' to a potential mugger or bag snatcher.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I carry a moneyclip on board, small magnetic leather one. they're about 5 bucks at walmart. I use that on shore as well, in my front pocket. But I Keep very little money in it just in case, I keep my money in another pocket in another moneyclip.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but if someone wants to mug me, I want to be able to give them something, and if it has my SS card in it, Im willing to bet thats all they think I have.

Why do people hate lanyards?

Like pocket protectors....extremely functional, but you look like a DORK wearing it

Kids can get away with wearing it. Women, mmmmmm, yea, it's ok....Men, no way!!!! Like fanny packs, those need to be retired....it just says "DORK"

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

I generally wear clothing with no pockets while on cruises (dresses and skirts). And I dislike lanyards. So I carry a very small purse, usually a wristlet type, for my S&S card, tissues, cash for tips, Germ-X wipes, FunTimes tear-off (when this existed:rolleyes:), etc. Everybody is different, but this is the best option for me.:)

Me as well

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app