Florida Ships

bvm5

Why are there only the old small ships in Florida? Seems like all the bigger ones are in other states and we are left with the left overs.

Well, we do have 5 ports to keep filled but still we have a couple Conquest class and Magic is here so they aren't all small. And Vista will end up here if I recall.

Why are there only the old small ships in Florida? Seems like all the bigger ones are in other states and we are left with the left overs.

Sorry but that is not correct. Most of the Conquest class is in Florida and one of the three Dream class as well. And the Vista is coming to Florida.

Edited by Micah's Grandad

There seems to be a prevailing thought process, and maybe its from "newbie" cruisers that bigger somehow correlates to "better". Let you in on a little secret, that is rarely the case

Edited by First and Ten

That's funny. Left coast people say the same thing!

Yep. We're different out here.

Though we were the first US home port for the Splendor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Because of the Skyway Bridge, there is a height limit for Tampa. If you've ever been on the Paradise, there isnt a lot of room between the stack and the bridge. The breeze wa just in Miami and now Magic is in Canaveral. Vista coming, plus the Glory.... i would LOVE to hear what your idea of a big ship is!

Edited by drgonzogoo

Port Canaveral is not in Orlando.

As an Orlando resident who is married to an Orlando native I agree however, to be fair, all of the literature and documentation on the Carnival website says Port Canaveral (Orlando).

What's 35ish miles among friends? :)

As an Orlando resident who is married to an Orlando native I agree however, to be fair, all of the literature and documentation on the Carnival website says Port Canaveral (Orlando).

Corrected. :)

But I still want to know what bigger ships are in other states? :p

Rumor has it they are going to build a canal so the ships could sail out of Disneyland:):)

Bigger does not necessarly mean better, to us anyway. We have cruised for 10 years from Fantasy class up to Conquest class, and enjoyed every one of those ships. We have never said lets try a larger ship. Mabe the Vista or Horizon in the future. We will be cruising on the Glory for the 5th time and will enjoy every minute.

If they do, however, have a leftover, older ship we will take it in Boston!

Glory was great for a couple of years and John says it will be 2018 before something else appears there.

Sailed Sensation twice and Fantasy. Loved both of them.

Corrected. :)

But I still want to know what bigger ships are in other states? :p

Me too! Vista should satisfy both new and big but maybe OP wasnts even newer and bigger lol.

Rumor has it they are going to build a canal so the ships could sail out of Disneyland:):)

Hmmmmm, I should go scope out some prime swampland to build a bar and restaurant on. Have an observation deck on the canal for ship watching. I'll be rich!

Should I mention I have some prime and authentic swampland for sale' date=' gently used[/quote']

Assuming your swamp land is in Florida ... a canal to sail from Disneyland is probably not a sales opportunity for you :rolleyes:

Now if the canal was to sail from Disneyworld . . . . :p

Edited by Capt_BJ

Assuming your swamp land is in Florida ... a canal to sail from Disneyland is probably not a sales opportunity for you :rolleyes:

Now if the canal was to sail from Disneyworld . . . . :p

That canal would be a world wonder in length:eek: How would it cross the Mississippi?