EZ Air - We are unable to process your request...

zwanzig

Has anyone else gotten this error when trying to book an EZ Air flight through Princess' website?

We are unable to process your request. Please try again later or call us at the number listed on the page for assistance.
I can search for flights and get all the way to the screen where I enter my frequent flyer numbers/select seats, but when I click the final button on that screen to book the flights, I always receive the above error. This happens no matter which combination of flights I choose.

I've successfully used EZ Air in the past -- I even had a prior set of flights booked for the sailing I'm trying to book for right now -- but it mysteriously started giving me this error a month or two ago. No one at Princess seems to be able to help me get this resolved. When I've contacted them they have only offered to book the flights for me rather than addressing the problem. I've tried using different browsers, networks, computers, operating systems, so I'm fairly certain this is not an environmental issue on my end. It seems like something is wrong with my account.

Does anyone have any experience with this error or have any suggestions for getting access restored to my account to book flights through EZ Air? I really would prefer to be able to book flights through the website rather than needing to call every time I want to make a change.

Thanks!

Has anyone else gotten this error when trying to book an EZ Air flight through Princess' website?

I can search for flights and get all the way to the screen where I enter my frequent flyer numbers/select seats, but when I click the final button on that screen to book the flights, I always receive the above error. This happens no matter which combination of flights I choose.

I've successfully used EZ Air in the past -- I even had a prior set of flights booked for the sailing I'm trying to book for right now -- but it mysteriously started giving me this error a month or two ago. No one at Princess seems to be able to help me get this resolved. When I've contacted them they have only offered to book the flights for me rather than addressing the problem. I've tried using different browsers, networks, computers, operating systems, so I'm fairly certain this is not an environmental issue on my end. It seems like something is wrong with my account.

Does anyone have any experience with this error or have any suggestions for getting access restored to my account to book flights through EZ Air? I really would prefer to be able to book flights through the website rather than needing to call every time I want to make a change.

Thanks!

I got this the other night several times.

I just kept trying and it finally went through.

The last time I received the same message but it had gone through.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I got this the other night several times.

I just kept trying and it finally went through.

The last time I received the same message but it had gone through.

Very interesting... I have been trying for about 2 months now to no avail. :D But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's seen that error (esp. since you were ultimately successful!). Maybe it will automagically resolve itself for me as well. I've checked my Delta account and the reservation is definitely not there, but I will keep an eye out.

Very interesting... I have been trying for about 2 months now to no avail. :D But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's seen that error (esp. since you were ultimately successful!). Maybe it will automagically resolve itself for me as well. I've checked my Delta account and the reservation is definitely not there, but I will keep an eye out.

Yikes 2 months! My issue lasted about 10-15 minutes before it went through.

Best you call Princess and get it fixed. :(

Yikes 2 months! My issue lasted about 10-15 minutes before it went through.

Best you call Princess and get it fixed. :(

Unfortunately I've tried calling and they had no idea what to do about it! All they could offer was to book the flights for me. Which I will take them up on (once the fares are where I want them ;) ), but I'd prefer to be able to manage the booking online myself. I'll probably try calling them again eventually, unless someone here has any brilliant advice for how to resolve the issue! :D

Unfortunately I've tried calling and they had no idea what to do about it! All they could offer was to book the flights for me. Which I will take them up on (once the fares are where I want them ;) ), but I'd prefer to be able to manage the booking online myself. I'll probably try calling them again eventually, unless someone here has any brilliant advice for how to resolve the issue! :D

Maybe last ditch effort, clear cookies and or use different browser?

Maybe last ditch effort, clear cookies and or use different browser?

That's an excellent suggestion: I have tried it on 2 different computers, 2 different operating systems, on 4 different browsers with cookies and cache cleared. :eek: I really, really want that to be the fix, since it's something in my hands, but sadly... no dice. :D

Yes, that napped to me about 3 weeks ago. I called Princess and got terrific help and got the flight I wanted. Never found out what then

Robles was.

Diana

I guess we are just "lucky". :rolleyes: Glad you got the flights you wanted in the end.

I have had this happen a few times to me. I found out that it only happened when I was trying to pick my seats on the flights I selected. When I finally just booked the flights without picking seats, it would go through with no problem. I would then go back (sometimes a day or two later) and pick my seats and enter my frequent flier numbers. You might try that.

I have had this happen a few times to me. I found out that it only happened when I was trying to pick my seats on the flights I selected. When I finally just booked the flights without picking seats, it would go through with no problem. I would then go back (sometimes a day or two later) and pick my seats and enter my frequent flier numbers. You might try that.

Yes! When mine went through the seats were not there. I think the last time I skipped the seat choice step.

Yes! When mine went through the seats were not there. I think the last time I skipped the seat choice step.

This is a great idea... So, I just cleared my cookies and tried it with no seat assignments selected. But sadly it still didn't work! :( It was a good thought, though, especially since it worked for you, lljost!

If any of the flights say 2 or 3 seats only . They will not let you book those flights . I've had this problem a couple of times and asked my Princess PVP about this . Means they can't book these seats.

That's interesting! None of the flights that I've been trying have had that message, though I've seen it before. I will keep an eye out for that, though. Thanks for the info!

Sorry for all the typos!

I must have gotten really lucky as the Princess representative was very helpful. I was booking business class fora next April transatlantic. 3 different airline had seats available. With different rates in the same area of the plane I can't remember the term she used, but it was something like shared access. I can't remember if there was a phone number to call or not. Possibly when you get that message again try to do a dummy reservation and see if it comes up. It may just be Princesses warped idea of telling you those reservations are not available.

It may just be Princesses warped idea of telling you those reservations are not available.
I ran into this problem as well, and after calling Princess the EZair expert said this message was due to the airline not confirming the air booking.

I found an interesting event where booking a flight to FLL before a transatlantic cruise that had one stop cost $ XXXX and if one booked each leg of the flight (same planes, mind you) separately the cost was several hundred dollars less - but then EVERY time I tried to book that I received the "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later or call us at the number listed on the page for assistance." I had Princess go through the same process but they refused to give me to lower cost airline booking because the airline wouldn't confirm it.

They said that because the airlines control the reservations, even if it is on the EZAir site, it may not be available.

I ran into this problem as well, and after calling Princess the EZair expert said this message was due to the airline not confirming the air booking.
I'm starting to believe this error is kind of a blanket error message that could mean many things. :) In my case, I have tried many, many combinations of dates, flights, even cities!! No matter which combination I choose, I get this message. In my case, I really feel like it's something to do with my account rather than the flights; I am going to have to bite the bullet and try to call them again. This is all really good info, though! Thanks for sharing this.

Assuming you cancelled the original flights before booking the new ones, is it possible the flights conflict with ground transportation or hotel reservations? Or maybe connecting flights don't have enough time between planes?

Hope it gets worked out.

Assuming you cancelled the original flights before booking the new ones, is it possible the flights conflict with ground transportation or hotel reservations? Or maybe connecting flights don't have enough time between planes?

Hope it gets worked out.

As far as I know the EZ air booking system does not take any of that into account. At least it never has with any of my prior bookings, and we use it quite often.

The airlines set the connection times. if they are not non stops the flight segments are already set.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

As far as I know the EZ air booking system does not take any of that into account. At least it never has with any of my prior bookings, and we use it quite often.

The airlines set the connection times. if they are not non stops the flight segments are already set.

Gotcha! It does surprise me that they offer connection times at 30+ minutes. That terrifies the heck out of me. :eek:

Just adding my two cents: have been trying to make flight reservations for our Alaska trip next May. Repeatedly got the same error message. As suggested above, I started again today, chose flights without seats and it went through. I then used the Confirmation number, went onto the Delta site and reserved our seats. A bit concerned as the return flight out of Vancouver appears almost full, unless there's some seats being held back. We'll see -- just happy we're set for now.

Just adding my two cents: have been trying to make flight reservations for our Alaska trip next May. Repeatedly got the same error message. As suggested above, I started again today, chose flights without seats and it went through. I then used the Confirmation number, went onto the Delta site and reserved our seats. A bit concerned as the return flight out of Vancouver appears almost full, unless there's some seats being held back. We'll see -- just happy we're set for now.

Good to know!