2 questions from a new cruiser

mg5415

We are sailing next Saturday in the Jewel (if they get things fixed on Friday) and I have all kinds of questions popping into my head at the last minute. Here are just 2 for now:

We have paid for the airport to pier transfer through NCL. . . . So when we turn over are luggage to this shuttle, do we have to claim it again at the pier and walk it through ship security, or does the transfer take care of getting the luggage to where it needs to go at the pier? I was hoping not to see it again until it appeared in my cabin. . . . .but then I read that you have to accompany your luggage through the security.

Also, on the morning of disembarking, do you eat breakfast on the ship before they "kick" you off ?

Thanks for your help. There may be more questions before next Saturday!

We are sailing next Saturday in the Jewel (if they get things fixed on Friday) and I have all kinds of questions popping into my head at the last minute. Here are just 2 for now:

We have paid for the airport to pier transfer through NCL. . . . So when we turn over are luggage to this shuttle, do we have to claim it again at the pier and walk it through ship security, or does the transfer take care of getting the luggage to where it needs to go at the pier? I was hoping not to see it again until it appeared in my cabin. . . . .but then I read that you have to accompany your luggage through the security.

Also, on the morning of disembarking, do you eat breakfast on the ship before they "kick" you off ?

I doubt you will have to pick up your luggage. When we arrive at a port with luggage the first thing we do is give it to porters and don't see it again. The only thing we take from then on is our "carryon".

You will get breakfast on debarkation day, you don't have to clear your cabin by 9am and be off the ship before 10am but they like you to be off earlier than that if possible

Once you put turn over your checked luggage to NCL t the airport, you won't see it until arrives in your cabin. They will handle it T the port. You will take your hampndcarry to security.

You can have a buffet or dining room breakfast on disembarkation day.

When you arrive at Baggage Claim in Seattle, a Norwegian representative will meet you. They will guide you to the Norwegian luggage holding area, you drop off your bags and do check-in. Then they will direct you to the correct bus to go to the terminal. Your bags are put on a truck and delivered to the ship and the ship in turn delivers your bags to your cabin.

Please keep in mind that there will be several cruise line representatives at the airport doing the same thing. It can get very confusing with so many people trying to do the same thing. Norwegian is the only cruise line to use the Bell Street Terminal. All the other cruise lines use Smith Cove which is several miles from the Bell Street Terminal.

Happy cruising. The Jewel is a wonderful ship with a great staff.

Just a suggestion: Carry a change of clothes/shoes and toiletries separate from your check-on luggage. You never know when your bags will arrive at your cabin, and you may want to change into something more comfortable while you explore the ship.

Oh, and join your roll call! There will be many veteran cruisers on there with plenty of tips and tour suggestions for you.

Just a suggestion: Carry a change of clothes/shoes and toiletries separate from your check-on luggage. You never know when your bags will arrive at your cabin, and you may want to change into something more comfortable while you explore the ship.

Oh, and join your roll call! There will be many veteran cruisers on there with plenty of tips and tour suggestions for you.

I second this and also suggest that you cross pack between the checked bags so if one of them goes missing you'll both still have something to wear.

I second this and also suggest that you cross pack between the checked bags so if one of them goes missing you'll both still have something to wear.

WOW... my wife and I travel a lot and never thought to do this (not at all being sarcastic, really) ... we always have "green is her's and orange is mine". This is a great tip

WOW... my wife and I travel a lot and never thought to do this (not at all being sarcastic, really) ... we always have "green is her's and orange is mine". This is a great tip

Yep it's not something most of us think about but it is a suggestion that I read here and it's one DW and I now try to do any time we have to check luggage during the trip.