Superior Balcony cabin (D1) Independence Question

dosi58

We're thinking of booking a D1 cabin for 4 persons (DW,ME,DD and DGS). Can someone tell me how's the bed configuration in this type of cabin? I would prefer besides the 2 beds that convert to a queen, a double sofa bed instead of 1 sofa+1 pullman.

Any experience with 4 persons living in this type of cabin?Comfy?

Can somebody let me know?Thanks :):confused:

Edited by dosi58

It will most likely be one sofa and one Pullman, but there is a slim chance your room could be an exception. What is your room number?

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

I didn't booked yet....should I request for a specific type or number of cabin?

You should be fine with a D1 on Indy. I did a qucik check and they all seem to have a sofabed. You can confirm by looking at the deck plan and verifying that the stateroom you select has a small triangle symbol (cor_sofabed_ico.gif) inside.

Note that the sofa bed is not that large and might be uncomfortable for two adults to share.

Edited by clarea

Based on the symbols on the deck plan, the only options for a family of four are one sofa and one Pullman, or two Pullmans. And I couldn't seem to find any of the room with one sofa and one Pullman...I did a quick scan over the balcony rooms on Indy and I didn't see any black diamonds. There are a few with the crosses which are a two Pullmans

You should be fine with a D1 on Indy. I did a qucik check and they all seem to have a sofabed. You can confirm by looking at the deck plan and verifying that the stateroom you select has a small triangle symbol (cor_sofabed_ico.gif) inside.

Aren't the sofa beds single beds? The OP is a family of four.

Aren't the sofa beds single beds? The OP is a family of four.

Yes, I think a sofa bed would be uncomfortable for two adults but would be OK for two smaller children.

It will most likely be one sofa and one Pullman, but there is a slim chance your room could be an exception. What is your room number?

All the D1 cabins on Indy have a sofa bed. There are none with Pullmans.

E1's have a Pullman but no sofa bed.

The sofabed is meant for two. In other words, a D1 with a sofabed on the Independence is *rated* for four.

There are no pullmans involved.

Mom and child will be sharing a sofabed.

The cabin will be "cozy". Personally, I would find this arrangement WAAAAAY too crowded, but only you know your family.

The sofabed is meant for two. In other words, a D1 with a sofabed on the Independence is *rated* for four.

There are no pullmans involved.

Mom and child will be sharing a sofabed.

The cabin will be "cozy". Personally, I would find this arrangement WAAAAAY too crowded, but only you know your family.[/

If it's cozy, what would u suggest (if we still want 1 cabin...)?

If you want one stateroom, and you won't consider a suite, then I'd go with the "E" they stateroom with the pullmans as Ken mentioned above.

I agree, this will be super-cozy and you will have absolutely no privacy, and very little space between your bed and the sofabed. Think of a tiny hotel room, with a Kingsize bed and a sofabed right next to it.... IMHO there is barely enough space in a standard cabin for two people, never mind three adults and a child.

However, I'm sure there are "Family" type staterooms on Indy that have bunkbeds in a curtained-off area for your daughter and grandson. If the grandson is too young for his own bed, you could get a baby cot put in? Unfortunately, I have never stayed in one of those cabins (they are hard to come by).

As a family of five, we always go for two interconnecting or adjoining rooms. We then get the benefit of more space for everyone, and two bathrooms. Of course, we then have to pay full adult price for all five of us, which can be a bit of a shock to the system.

We have stayed in a D1 on Independence on a number of occasions. Our teenage daughter sleeps on the sofa.(there is no pullman) It all depends on how much time you intend to spend in the cabin if it will work for you. We don't spend a great deal of time in the cabin and when we are getting ready in the evening normally one or two of us are sitting on the balcony while the other is in the shower or sitting at the dressing table. If you use the balcony as a sitting area it will work fine. When you come back in the evening the steward has set up the sofa bed ready for you to just get into. You can make it work if you want to.

Thanks all for the input.

I think we will chose 2 Promenade interior cabins........ Do they have connecting cabins in this type ? Anyone had problems with noise?

Lots of connecting cabins.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=ID&shipProfile=1634&sailDate=1160813&hasNavigation=false

Thanks all for the input.

I think we will chose 2 Promenade interior cabins........ Do they have connecting cabins in this type ? Anyone had problems with noise?

Look for the arrows within the cabins on the plans. Those are the connecting cabins.

id_deck06_v2015_apr.gifid_deck07_v2015_apr.gifid_deck08_v2015_apr.gif

What you need to do is book one of the aft cabins that are extra big, sized more like a JS, with a huge balcony.

Look at cabins 1200 (or is it 1400?) and 1700. Easily fits 4 and you can even leave the sofa bed pulled out.

We did it with four people and it was great.