Interested in trying Carnival

Destaw71835

We have been on a bunch of them Been on the Miracle several times ,really nice . Recently we were on the Breeze and enjoyed that also. We have a group goning on a 6 day on the Vista .new Ship, on Jan 22 2016 Why not join us it is a Super bunch of people.

I've been on 3 cruises previously (NCL and RCI) but now I'm interested in seeing what Carnival has to offer.

What ship would you recommend for a first time Carnival cruiser?

If it were me, I would first look at the itinerary I would like to try! Although on most of our cruises, the ship is always a part of the destination, the ports do come into play!

After the itinerary, look at the CCL ships that go to those ports. Some are large, some are small! Don't rule out the smaller ships if the destination is your priority! Smaller ships, really aren't small, just not a mega ship by today's standards!:)

Next, look at the various venues (music, entertainment, food etc..) the ship offers, and see if they interest you or you cruise mate.

While I could recommend my favorites, I really think it is a very subjective decision about which ship to decide to book and sail.

I have also sailed NCL and RCCL (RCI), I never compare the ships or cruise line when I decide a cruise. It is always about the experience I expect when booking, ports/ships/food ect......:D:D

I like Magic & Breeze with one exception - there is no adult pool. I like the Conquest class ships because the aft pool is adults only. Those that I've been on in that class are Freedom, Glory, Conquest, Valor & Liberty.

I've been on 3 cruises previously (NCL and RCI) but now I'm interested in seeing what Carnival has to offer.

What ship would you recommend for a first time Carnival cruiser?

What size ship do you enjoy sailing?

Do you want an adult-only pool vs. an adult-only area (Serenity) with hot tubs vs. an adult-only area (Serenity) with a pool and hot tubs?

Do you want lots of activities, like a ropes course or do you want fewer activities so you can relax?

Is a big screen on deck important?

Do you like Indian food? (Yes, this is a weird question because there are only a few ships that have Tandoor on Lido buffet.)

I think we need a little more info in order to help you.

Edited by stargate fan

Any of the Fantasy class ships. Everyone loves them. Unique experience not available on other lines.

Not sure if this was meant as sarcasm or a legitimate recommendation, but not everyone loves them. I guess they are unique in that there are not many other ships outside the Fantasy class that look like the 1980's threw up all over them.:p

Not sure if this was meant as sarcasm or a legitimate recommendation, but not everyone loves them. I guess they are unique in that there are not many other ships outside the Fantasy class that look like the 1980's threw up all over them.:p

It wasn't. Lil Joey just needed some attention.

REALLY!!!!:rolleyes:

Is there a reason you had to send this message!! I could say the same thing about the ships you chose/choose to sail on???:confused::confused:

The OP asked about which ship to sail on, NOT which ones you got seasick on????:D:D

Edited by jwjax

Agreed but I'd definitely add the Dream. Beautiful ship and always a treat to sail out of New Orleans.

Dream is due for dry dock in February so although we are going in December might be good to wait until after dry dock if you have this in mine and can wait. Before someone asks or comments we are doing Dream in December because we live right outside New Orleans so that port and date are a bargain for us. Plus I really like the Dream.

REALLY!!!!

Is there a reason you had to send this message!! I could say the same thing about the ships you chose/choose to sail on???

The OP asked about which ship to sail on, NOT which ones you got seasick on????

Your reply was a bit hard to follow but since it was directed at me I will try.

The OP was inquiring as to which Carnival ships would be a good choice for someone who has cruised before, but not with Carnival. I thought it a bit strange that someone suggested the Fantasy-class ships as ones to make a good first impression. My reasons for thinking so are that they are the oldest ships in the fleet and look it. The decor is very, very dated. They have fewer amenities and do not provide as good an experience in my view as other options. This is born out by them being used primarily in secondary markets for short, inexpensive sailings. Not to say they do not have their niche, but they would be the last I would recommend to someone looking to have a good experience for the first time with Carnival.

I did not state that I got seasick on a Fantasy-class ship. I stated that the decor of them looks like the 1980's threw up on them. Goodness.

Edited by cruzeluver
spelling

You can keep your big mega ships. I'm perfectly happy with the Fantasy Class. I would probably choose a bigger ship if it were free, but that's about it.

Your reply was a bit hard to follow but since it was directed at me I will try.

The OP was inquiring as to which Carnival ships would be a good choice for someone who has cruised before, but not with Carnival. I thought it a bit strange that someone suggested the Fantasy-class ships as ones to make a good first impression. My reasons for thinking so are that they are the oldest ships in the fleet and look it. The decor is very, very dated. They have fewer amenities and do not provide as good an experience in my view as other options. This is born out by them being used primarily in secondary markets for short, inexpensive sailings. Not to say they do not have their niche, but they would be the last I would recommend to someone looking to have a good experience for the first time with Carnival.

I did not state that I got seasick on a Fantasy-class ship. I stated that the decor of them looks like the 1980's threw up on them. Goodness.

:cool: