Allure deck 6 vs deck 7

Hello all! :) I have a choice between an interior cabin on deck 6 or deck 7 on the Allure. This will be my first time sailing on the Allure. I would appreciate any advice on which deck is preferred?

Which cabin?

Deck 7 can be a little annoying, if you are likely to be using the aft elevators a lot. The elevator lobby on Deck 7 aft is blocked by the sign for the Boardwalk. If you want to be on the starboard side, but forget, and take the elevator on the port side, when you get off on Deck 7, you can't just walk across. (and vice versa, of course). You have to take the stairs either up one deck and down again or down one deck and up again.

If the cabin is near the front, the problem doesn't exist.

But you don't have to worry about that on Deck 6.

:)

Hello all! :) I have a choice between an interior cabin on deck 6 or deck 7 on the Allure. This will be my first time sailing on the Allure. I would appreciate any advice on which deck is preferred?

Either would be fine with me. Deck 6 is close to the Royal Promenade on deck 5. Deck 7 is close to Central Park on deck 8.

Last time we had 6 and loved it! This time we have 8....Love the convenience

I forgot to mention the cabin location...On Deck 7, the cabin is in the front of the ship (7541) and on deck 6 the cabin is 6593 - which looks to be above Boleros.

Either one would still be fine with me. I'd probably go with 7541 unless you were sensitive to motion, in which case I'd go with 6593.

Carol; we will be in JS 7600 which is starboard and will be going up to deck 17 a lot! Will we have to walk up or down a deck to take the aft port side elevator? Bummer if so! ( I assume it is only the port side aft that goes all the way to deck 17.)

Carol; we will be in JS 7600 which is starboard and will be going up to deck 17 a lot! Will we have to walk up or down a deck to take the aft port side elevator? Bummer if so! ( I assume it is only the port side aft that goes all the way to deck 17.)

The deck plans show elevators on both sides on Deck 17.

hm_deck17_v2016_mar.gif

When going up you will have no problem as the elevator hallways on 17 are accessible from either side.

The problem comes in when coming down to deck 7. If you are going to your stateroom you have to remember to go the starboard side bank of elevators on 17 to avoid the walk. Easier said then done after a few "soda's":D