Elite Laundry ?

lovey1103

I have just acquired elite status and am thrilled to have laundry service as my DH and I tend to take longer cruises.

Is it a no no to have a few of DH's clothing intermingled with mine since he is platinum for a couple more trips. We are rule followers so please don't flame me for asking.

Also, do t-shirts, blouses, slacks come back to you on hangers?

I have cruised with Celebrity a fair amount and my gosh the laundry comes back a crumpled, faded, rolled mess.

I would much rather do my own, however that is not an option on Celebrity since there are no laundry facilities.

No problem putting his laundry in with yours. It's acceptable to include those booked in the same cabin. Just make sure you put your name and sign on the laundry slip.

You can request your clothes folded or on hangers. Your choice.

Edited by Pam in CA

We have found that they typically bring just about everything on a hangar outside of underwear and socks. Even my workout shorts and shirts have come back on hangers. My wife still prefers to do some of her things by hand, but I send everything to the laundry and have had no problem whatsoever.

IMO Princess generally does a good job on the laundry. My items have come back on wire hangars. I still do some items by hand. I have had only 1 item damaged where their equipment pulled off the shoe lace type metal ends of a shorts drawstring. Beware that you need to plan ahead as there are times it will be 3 days before your laundry is returned depending on how many elites are on your specific cruise.

Hi

Just a word to say that laundry do a very good job,

but we no longer send out t shirts we have found that they are ironed

so heavily that holes start to appear at stitching, buttons etc,

DW reacts to chemicals used so can not use there services.

yours Shogun

I have just acquired elite status and am thrilled to have laundry service as my DH and I tend to take longer cruises.

Is it a no no to have a few of DH's clothing intermingled with mine since he is platinum for a couple more trips. We are rule followers so please don't flame me for asking.

I have cruised with Celebrity a fair amount and my gosh the laundry comes back a crumpled, faded, rolled mess.

I would much rather do my own, however that is not an option on Celebrity since there are no laundry facilities.

Beware as they use very high heat.

So if you have anything delicate/expensive I would not send them out. :)

No problem for your husband's things to go with yours since you're in the same cabin.

We've been extremely will pleased with the cleaning/laundry service on Princess.

Our things have normally been back in two days. :)

LuLu

I just reached elite status myself. I can see that they use high powered dryers. Is it possible to ask for the items to be laundered and than hung to dry or delivered to me hung on hangers but wet? All the clothing I own says wash cold or warm and hang to dry on the tags. Do they follow the tag directions?

t shirts, blouses, slacks, shorts and other outer clothing come back on hangers all ironed. Never had an issue. Socks, underwear come back folded in a bag. Normal return time is next day service. If there are lots and lots of Elites on board it can extend up to 3 days. You can tell if your laundry is ready by checking your on board account. When the charges have been posted it is ready. The related credit can show the same day or the next day.

Interesting, on my last cruise we received notice that it could take 72 hours. Our cabin steward did not even look for our laundry for 3 days. When I mentioned it was indeed ready, he did not believe me. I said check and right away it was in the cabin. From that day on I checked the on board account. If the laundry charge showed, I mentioned it to the steward. Laundry was delivered.

No problem putting his laundry in with yours. It's acceptable to include those booked in the same cabin. Just make sure you put your name and sign on the laundry slip.

You can request your clothes folded or on hangers. Your choice.

I disagree that this benefit can be extended to anyone in the cabin. It's an individual perk for reaching elite status and no where does it say you can share this benefit.

I doubt your cabin steward would ever say anything, but my opinion is that you're breaking the rules.

I just reached elite status myself. I can see that they use high powered dryers. Is it possible to ask for the items to be laundered and than hung to dry or delivered to me hung on hangers but wet? All the clothing I own says wash cold or warm and hang to dry on the tags. Do they follow the tag directions?

You can ask them anything! Or leave a note with the laundry sheet. They even get out my stains on pants & shirts without asking.. Its such a nice feature to have on longer cruises. We have never had them take longer than 2 days.. Not ever, its just so convenient! Love love..

I disagree that this benefit can be extended to anyone in the cabin. It's an individual perk for reaching elite status and no where does it say you can share this benefit.

I doubt your cabin steward would ever say anything, but my opinion is that you're breaking the rules.

Really? uh oh.. We asked our Room steward last trip if my husband could mix a shirt with my stuff and she said, "just 1 shirt? nothing else?". I said no, and we will pay for his! (im elite, he is not.) She said, "no no, its included, no problem! Add more.". Now she could have been being sweet, but she made it clear, it was fine.. yikes.

Oh brother....Oh and make sure he doesn't consume anything in the mini bar set up....just saying...

Edited by Murphey

What are the laundry fees for non-elite passengers?

Is the delivery time extended for Alaska cruises due to glaciers on 1st two days? We are on a 5 day land tour, before the cruise.

This would be helpful for us.

Edited by nanabananna

Oh brother....Oh and make sure he doesn't consume anything in the mini bar set up....just saying...

Drinking the mini bar setup doesn't burden the crew with "extra" duties (i.e. extra clothes to wash).

Your comment is not a fair comparison.

I'd compare it to sharing the all inclusive beverage package.

My husband and I are both Elite, and my kids would be too if they were both 18. I check with my cabin steward each year when I cruise whether or not I can also send out the kids clothes and I'm assured it's absolutely fine (the kids and I are in separate cabins).

Trish.

Edited by trishh

My last cruise I was newly elite and my husband just platinum. I asked at the Passenger Services desk and they said that his laundry could be done under my name, to make sure that I filled out the slip with just my name. So, at least on the Caribbean Princess, it was policy that the elite laundry is for the entire cabin.

Jackie

Not according to Princess. They have posted on FB that the laundry perk is shareable with those booked in the cabin, just like the mini-bar or even the Platinum/Elite lounge. No, you won't find these shareable perks in print. Just ask any Captain's Circle host if you don't believe me.

What isn't appropriate is to send out laundry for family or friends not booked in your cabin.