Brilliance Jan 15, 2018 - Sold out - Charter?

It's a country music cruise.

http://www.countrycruising.com

We are booked on the Country cruise and it is 2017 not 2018. They may have next years time carved out. Last time we did a charter, they announced the next years cruise and had first crack at booking for on board guests. That would be my guess for what it is worth!

My booking for this cruise is no longer showing in my My Cruise account. I just got a copy of my booking invoice and it says that it is a 5 Night Alcemy Charter Cruise.

Would they have just put us in with the charter? I have never heard of that.

I guess I will call RCL next week.

My reservation also is no longer in "My Cruises" list. When I try to add it back, it says "This reservation is currently being modified" . Not good.

mac_tlc

That's the message I got. I called and they sent me an invoice that now says5 night Alcemy Charter cruise.

That's the message I got. I called and they sent me an invoice that now says5 night Alcemy Charter cruise.

So they didn't bump you, but kept you on the cruise with the same cabin?

mac_tlc

So they didn't bump you, but kept you on the cruise with the same cabin?

mac_tlc

So far I am in the same cabin. I called a couple of days ago and was told that it was chartered but they had not heard from corporate which alternate dates that they were going to offer and any other compensation. He told me to clal back later next week. I don't know if they will let you stay on this one or not. We are going to switch this booking to another date.

Edited by molly361

So far I am in the same cabin. I called a couple of days ago and was told that it was chartered but they had not heard from corporate which alternate dates that they were going to offer and any other compensation. He told me to clal back later next week. I don't know if they will let you stay on this one or not. We are going to switch this booking to another date.

Thanks for the info. We will probably move to another ship/date. Just started looking at the Freedom of the Seas out of FLL. Leaves 1/14, 6 days, Costa Maya, Cozumel. Can't get any cabin as good as 1100 though.

This cruise was to be the first of our "almost-B2B", since we are booked on the Oasis on 1/21/18, in a Crown Loft Suite to celebrate my retirement.

We have a house in Orlando, so a Tampa-Port Canaveral B2B with a day in between was perfect. Oh well, very first-world problem.......

mac_tlc

Thanks for the info. We will probably move to another ship/date. Just started looking at the Freedom of the Seas out of FLL. Leaves 1/14, 6 days, Costa Maya, Cozumel. Can't get any cabin as good as 1100 though.

This cruise was to be the first of our "almost-B2B", since we are booked on the Oasis on 1/21/18, in a Crown Loft Suite to celebrate my retirement.

We have a house in Orlando, so a Tampa-Port Canaveral B2B with a day in between was perfect. Oh well, very first-world problem.......

mac_tlc

Congrats on your retirement- we were actually booked this same date on the BR for 2017 and it got chartered as well.

The weird thing is that none of the other price protected sailings that they offered stopped in Key West which was the one stop that we wanted to do.

Congrats on your retirement- we were actually booked this same date on the BR for 2017 and it got chartered as well.

The weird thing is that none of the other price protected sailings that they offered stopped in Key West which was the one stop that we wanted to do.

Thanks ! Also noticed that the Navigator has a 5-day, same dates as Brilliance -- but it doesn't go to Key West. Prices seem to be lower than the Brilliance, at least right now.

What options did they offer for the 2017 sailing?

mac_tlc

Thanks ! Also noticed that the Navigator has a 5-day, same dates as Brilliance -- but it doesn't go to Key West. Prices seem to be lower than the Brilliance, at least right now.

What options did they offer for the 2017 sailing?

mac_tlc

Select Sailings:

 Brilliance of the Seas: January 9, 2017

 Brilliance of the Seas: January 23, 2017

 Independence of the Seas: January 23, 2017

• Any other Royal Caribbean sailing can be booked at prevailing rates.

• $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $200 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

Please note that if you choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment. However, you will not receive any of the above compensation.

Select Sailings:

 Brilliance of the Seas: January 9, 2017

 Brilliance of the Seas: January 23, 2017

 Independence of the Seas: January 23, 2017

• Any other Royal Caribbean sailing can be booked at prevailing rates.

• $100 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $200 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

Please note that if you choose to cancel, a full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment. However, you will not receive any of the above compensation.

That's not bad. I would probably take the OBC and book either the Freedom on 1/14 or the Navigator on 1/15. I guess we will see what (if) any offer is this time around.

mac_tlc

Ship is chartered for 1/15/18- Price protected dates are

1/20/18 Brilliance

1/29/18 Brilliance

1/13/18 Indy

$100 OBC regular cabins $200 suites cutoff date for changing is 9/14/16

Thanks for the info. I assume you would get the OBC on any other cruise, but no price protection?

Last I looked a couple days ago, Indy on 1/13 was cheaper than Our Brilliance rate. Obviously category and when booked will affect that comparison .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. I assume you would get the OBC on any other cruise, but no price protection?

Last I looked a couple days ago, Indy on 1/13 was cheaper than Our Brilliance rate. Obviously category and when booked will affect that comparison .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as you keep the original booking number you will get the OBC. I changed it to an Oasis cruise for the end of next year, got the $100 OBC but no price protection.

As long as you keep the original booking number you will get the OBC. I changed it to an Oasis cruise for the end of next year, got the $100 OBC but no price protection.

Looks like we will change to the Indy cruise on 1/13/18 .Prices are a bit less than we had on the Brilliance and it still is before our Oasis cruise on 1/21/18. FLL not as convenient as TPA, but we will manage. We had a JS and will keep that category which hopefully qualifies for the $200 OBC.

Stops for Indy are Costa Maya and Cozumel, so it looks like I will have to endure another day at Maya Chan and Nachi Cocum.

mac_tlc

I had booked a studio for both the 1/15/18 and 2/26/18 sailings of Brillance. Yesterday I saw that 1/29/18 sailing was $120 less than I was paying for 1/15/18 so I booked it. When I went into my cruises to cancel 1/15/18, it was missing from my reservations. I guess I hadn't noticed sooner because a few of my upcoming cruises are for more than one cabin so there are several reservation numbers.

Anyway, I went to the 1/15/18 roll call and saw molly361's posts and then searched and found this thread. Thank you!

I checked my email and found one Royal had sent me on the 31st and called the special number for the redeployment help desk. Nice lady took care of everything, cancelling and refunding the booking I made last night, transferring my original booking over to 1/29/18 at its lower price, and emailing me a confirmation showing $100 OBC. Sweet! Doubly sweet since I'm in my first ever studio and thought they might cut the OBC in half.

Plus the rain from Hermine has stopped, the power is back on and my family are all safe and sound. So a good day all around!

Just wanted to give a shout out to thank you all.

~ Judy

Changed our booking to the 1/13/18 Independence of the Seas. Although we had cabin 1100 on the Brilliance, we did manage to get a hump JS balcony on the IOS. Was $50 cheaper and with $200 OBC, it ended up OK.

mac_tlc

I had booked a studio for both the 1/15/18 and 2/26/18 sailings of Brillance. Yesterday I saw that 1/29/18 sailing was $120 less than I was paying for 1/15/18 so I booked it. When I went into my cruises to cancel 1/15/18, it was missing from my reservations. I guess I hadn't noticed sooner because a few of my upcoming cruises are for more than one cabin so there are several reservation numbers.

Anyway, I went to the 1/15/18 roll call and saw molly361's posts and then searched and found this thread. Thank you!

I checked my email and found one Royal had sent me on the 31st and called the special number for the redeployment help desk. Nice lady took care of everything, cancelling and refunding the booking I made last night, transferring my original booking over to 1/29/18 at its lower price, and emailing me a confirmation showing $100 OBC. Sweet! Doubly sweet since I'm in my first ever studio and thought they might cut the OBC in half.

Plus the rain from Hermine has stopped, the power is back on and my family are all safe and sound. So a good day all around!

Just wanted to give a shout out to thank you all.

~ Judy

Changed our booking to the 1/13/18 Independence of the Seas. Although we had cabin 1100 on the Brilliance, we did manage to get a hump JS balcony on the IOS. Was $50 cheaper and with $200 OBC, it ended up OK.

mac_tlc

I'm glad it worked out for you. We ended up booking that deal that Ken posted for the MJ 1/19/18 so we would not have gone on this one anyway so it worked for us as well.:)

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the info!!

Welcome :)

Wonder if you (or an Admin) could add Powerball Powercruise to the title of the Roll Call you started a long time ago, to make it easier for others to find it?

Hoping some of us Cruise Critics win! Ohio will have 50 winners (and their cruising partner), NH will have 15, WV will have 24. Have not checked out the other states yet.