Booking your next cruise on ship!

Cherber

Although I did get my open booking transferred after 60 days. I wonder if this is because my open booking was purchased in 2013?

For a specific cruise, the limit to transfer is 60 days after booking.

For an open booking (what you did), the limit to transfer is 60 days after the open booking is first assigned to a specific cruise.

For a specific cruise, the limit to transfer is 60 days after booking.

For an open booking (what you did), the limit to transfer is 60 days after the open booking is first assigned to a specific cruise.

ok, awesome, thanks for this info!

hmmm, that is so interesting - I am trying to figure out the "mystery" of these two open bookings I have/had.

I know I purchased them on the Allure sept of 2013, and each one of them has a 200.00 deposit amount, and 100.00 per stateroom obc (at least for an inside, i don't know what the obc amounts are for other categories, if there is a difference)

Do you know where I can find the old terms?

This is from March 2013:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/13033003a_NextCruise_OpenBooking_Form_US.pdf

DH and I just returned from MofS. One night on board I spoke to NextCruise about a specific Jan 2017 cruise I was looking at online.

I thought the amount quoted on ship was higher than the online quote.

Afterwards saw I could book online $300 less than what I was quoted.

Being this was our first cruise experience I was surprised.

I'm not sold on the January cruise as its not a ship I'm wild about, and was only offered deck 2 online.

Figuring I'll just hold out until the right cruise for us comes along.

The experience did surprise me though.

I was expecting something like what I call a bounceback offer or discount for booking during the current cruise.

DH and I just returned from MofS. One night on board I spoke to NextCruise about a specific Jan 2017 cruise I was looking at online.

I'm not sold on the January cruise as its not a ship I'm wild about, and was only offered deck 2 online.

I was expecting something like what I call a bounceback offer or discount for booking during the current cruise.

That's unusual. I've never been quoted higher on the ship unless they included gratuities in their quote. We always check the online price before going in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Never heard of that either

I thought it was odd.

She just gave us a sheet of paper with the final amount of two views.

They both were priced at $300 more than the price online.

So it wasn't even a percentage.

I don't recall if it was a flat $300 difference or almost right on the nose.

I even checked other sites like Expedia.

The onboard amount was the highest quote.

I just figured not to go that route.

At least I was able to ask questions regarding the ship and time of year, etc.

I thought it was odd.

She just gave us a sheet of paper with the final amount of two views.

They both were priced at $300 more than the price online.

So it wasn't even a percentage.

I don't recall if it was a flat $300 difference or almost right on the nose.

I even checked other sites like Expedia.

The onboard amount was the highest quote.

I just figured not to go that route.

At least I was able to ask questions regarding the ship and time of year, etc.

I had done my research just before getting on cruise, and at least for me prices were exactly the same.

That was lucky!:)

Very Lucky;)

When I transferred it, I wasn't thinking about the OBC difference

But after seeing this thread, went back and looked

WAS VERY SURPRISED:D

I do not recommend buying this on board. We bought this package in 2009, have taken several cruises since then and when we try to use it we are told it's not valid for that cruise. Just our experience. Basically, we lost 200 dollars.

What happens if I book a long 15+ night cruise in a high category cabin while on board, take the OBC on the current cruise and then transfer the future cruise to a shorter one in an inside cabin for example?

No problem, your deposit transfers to the shorter cruise.

I did a very similar thing on Vision last year. We decided to do some excursions so had a $600 bill on our SeaPass card. I booked 3 cruises, each with $200 OBC. So I gave them $600 for cruise deposits which created $600 OBC that paid the SeaPass bill. However I had 3 cruise bookings, each with $200 deposit, which I've since used on other cruises. So I got the $600 for free basically. As long as your are sure you are going to cruise on Royal again (because there is no refund of the deposit if you cancel), this works.

Edited by clarea

Last Dec we booked on board and received OBC for the new booked cruise AND OBC for the cruise we were on. Don't remember the exact dollars. Also got whatever the same sale was being offered at the time. I checked as soon as I got home to make sure.

Don't expect the same thing. The OBC you got for the cruise you were on was for booking onboard but the OBC you got for this next cruise had to have been part of the promotion being run at that time. Royal's current promotion does not include any onboard credit.

No problem, your deposit transfers to the shorter cruise.

I did a very similar thing on Vision last year. We decided to do some excursions so had a $600 bill on our SeaPass card. I booked 3 cruises, each with $200 OBC. So I gave them $600 for cruise deposits which created $600 OBC that paid the SeaPass bill. However I had 3 cruise bookings, each with $200 deposit, which I've since used on other cruises. So I got the $600 for free basically. As long as your are sure you are going to cruise on Royal again (because there is no refund of the deposit if you cancel), this works.

Thanks but this hasn't completely answered my question.

Suppose I book a balcony for 15+ nights for a cruise in say 2018 ( I really have little intention of taking this cruise I just would like some OBC). That would get me $250 OBC which I will take and spend on my current cruise and will also give me $250 deposit on the cruise I have booked in 2018. This part I fully understand.

BUT

A last minute bargain comes up on an inside cabin or OV for a 7 nighter and I transfer this booking (which is allowed as long as it is outside final payment for the cruise in 2018 that I originally booked) to this earlier cruise ( if I originally booked a 7day OV on board I would only have received $50 OBC).

So my question is.

Does my $250 deposit still stand or do they reduce my deposit to $50 and take back the other $200?

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by woodyren

Thanks but this hasn't completely answered my question.

Suppose I book a balcony for 15+ nights for a cruise in say 2018 ( I really have little intention of taking this cruise I just would like some OBC). That would get me $250 OBC which I will take and spend on my current cruise and will also give me $250 deposit on the cruise I have booked in 2018. This part I fully understand.

BUT

A last minute bargain comes up on an inside cabin or OV for a 7 nighter and I transfer this booking (which is allowed as long as it is outside final payment for the cruise in 2018 that I originally booked) to this earlier cruise ( if I originally booked a 7day OV on board I would only have received $50 OBC).

So my question is.

Does my $250 deposit still stand or do they reduce my deposit to $50 and take back the other $200?

Hope this makes sense.

Yes you will be charged the $200 if you downgrade. They will reduce your deposit to $50

Does my $250 deposit still stand or do they reduce my deposit to $50 and take back the other $200?....

Yes you will be charged the $200 if you downgrade. They will reduce your deposit to $50

My experience is that whatever deposit you put down is applied to the cruise you ultimately take.

In my original example, I booked a JS on an 11 night cruise, which cost me $200. I switch that to a 3-day cruise, and still had a $200 deposit.

My experience is that whatever deposit you put down is applied to the cruise you ultimately take.

In my original example, I booked a JS on an 11 night cruise, which cost me $200. I switch that to a 3-day cruise, and still had a $200 deposit.

He is asking about downgrading a cruise where he already took $250 OBC to a cruise where he would only get $50 OBC. RCL will take back the $200 he spent and reduce his deposit to $50. There is now wording to that effect on your booking invoice if you booked on board. Ken posted it here somewhere a few days ago. My screenshot is too small to read.

If you order a booking invoice for a cruise booked on board you will see it on there. It is new. It was not on my invoice in May but it was when I got a copy a few days ago.

He is asking about downgrading a cruise where he already took $250 OBC to a cruise where he would only get $50 OBC. RCL will take back the $200 he spent and reduce his deposit to $50. There is now wording to that effect on your booking invoice if you booked on board. Ken posted it here somewhere a few days ago. My screenshot is too small to read.

If you order a booking invoice for a cruise booked on board you will see it on there. It is new. It was not on my invoice in May but it was when I got a copy a few days ago.

OK, if it's new, that explains it, because it definitely did not happen to me that way.

So in my example above, I can still take advantage of booking on board by booking 4 short cruises at $50 each (instead of one cruise at $200), and using those as my dummy bookings. That way the deposit amount cannot be reduced. Right?

Edited by clarea