HELP me choose a hotel in Fort Lauderdale!!

ckrobyn

Hi everyone :)

I have cruised out of Port Everglades a few times, most recently November 2015. I will be cruising again this coming November and would like some insight into hotels. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and found it very dated so we do not want to stay there again.

I would like a hotel that is relatively close to the port (although that is not a deal breaker). Definitely looking for 4 star. Is there a hidden gem somewhere that I haven't seen on Expedia or other booking sites??

All help greatly appreciated. I am looking for 2 nights pre-cruise, dates are November 10-12/2016.

Many thanks :)

Why not stay at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas?

It is only about two miles tops away from the port on a gorgeous street on the New River.

My other suggestion would be The W Hotel on A1A.

The Pillars Hotel off Las Olas is a charming luxury inn.

I really like the Embassy Suites on 17th street. Very nice breakfast and evening reception all included in the price.

The ES is my favorite place to stay when cruising out of Ft Lauderdale, however it is not a 4 star hotel.

Hi everyone :)

I have cruised out of Port Everglades a few times, most recently November 2015. I will be cruising again this coming November and would like some insight into hotels. Last year we stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 and found it very dated so we do not want to stay there again.

I would like a hotel that is relatively close to the port (although that is not a deal breaker). Definitely looking for 4 star. Is there a hidden gem somewhere that I haven't seen on Expedia or other booking sites??

All help greatly appreciated. I am looking for 2 nights pre-cruise, dates are November 10-12/2016.

Many thanks :)

My vote is for The Pillars, but for a lower price point then consider Riverside as previously suggested

Why not stay at the Riverside Hotel on Las Olas?

It is only about two miles tops away from the port on a gorgeous street on the New River.

My other suggestion would be The W Hotel on A1A.

The Pillars Hotel off Las Olas is a charming luxury inn.

I wouldn't recommend the Riverside as a hotel that is less dated than Pier 66 (I've stayed at both). Although I do like staying at the Riverside moreso for the location on Las Olas (lots of great eateries).

I am intrigued with the suggestion of the Pillars. Have you stayed there before? Looks very nice.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience with the Westin Fort Lauderdale? Not the Westin on the beach...

A convention/business traveler hotel nowhere near the port. On the wrong side of the I-95/Cypress Creek Rd interchange from restaurants and shops.

If you don't have a car you are looking at a pair of $45-50 cab rides from airport and to port. If you do I am pretty sure they charge for parking.

A convention/business traveler hotel nowhere near the port. On the wrong side of the I-95/Cypress Creek Rd interchange from restaurants and shops.

If you don't have a car you are looking at a pair of $45-50 cab rides from airport and to port. If you do I am pretty sure they charge for parking.

Yikes!!! So glad I asked. Thanks [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a condo in Fort Lauderdale and prior to buying it we stayed at all of these hotels you have mentioned. It depends what you want to do for your two days pre-cruise. I am a big fan of the Hilton on the beach - get a 1 bedroom on a very high floor on the side of the south side of the building and ask for the big balcony. With either AAA or AARP you should be able to get it for 200-225. The views are unsurpassed. It is amazing to sit on you balcony and look at the water with a glass of wine at sunset. We had a wrap around balcony last year (had to leave our condo as parking lot was being resurfaced and fumes were awful) on the 21st floor ...we looked at a view from the inter coastal where all the yachts were going by to the ocean. The beach is very nice there and lots of good restaurants. The W next door is nice but very dark throughout the hotel. The Westin is nice but no real balconies but have a big perk....two free lounge chairs on the beach come with your room. If you want to be in the thick of things, stay at B Ocean....right on the sand....newly restored....has a mermaid bar with real mermaids...right across the street from the water taxi as well. If you want to stay with old money, stay at Lago Mar. right on the sand on a very wide beach. Not too modern....but like staying the Kennedys...great tradition with guests that are European that come for Season...and if u like great Greek Food....go to Greek Islands with all the locals and order 4 appetizers per couple for an amazing meal...

• 4 weeks later...
We have a condo in Fort Lauderdale and prior to buying it we stayed at all of these hotels you have mentioned. It depends what you want to do for your two days pre-cruise. I am a big fan of the Hilton on the beach - get a 1 bedroom on a very high floor on the side of the south side of the building and ask for the big balcony. With either AAA or AARP you should be able to get it for 200-225. The views are unsurpassed. It is amazing to sit on you balcony and look at the water with a glass of wine at sunset. We had a wrap around balcony last year (had to leave our condo as parking lot was being resurfaced and fumes were awful) on the 21st floor ...we looked at a view from the inter coastal where all the yachts were going by to the ocean. The beach is very nice there and lots of good restaurants. The W next door is nice but very dark throughout the hotel. The Westin is nice but no real balconies but have a big perk....two free lounge chairs on the beach come with your room. If you want to be in the thick of things, stay at B Ocean....right on the sand....newly restored....has a mermaid bar with real mermaids...right across the street from the water taxi as well. If you want to stay with old money, stay at Lago Mar. right on the sand on a very wide beach. Not too modern....but like staying the Kennedys...great tradition with guests that are European that come for Season...and if u like great Greek Food....go to Greek Islands with all the locals and order 4 appetizers per couple for an amazing meal...

Thanks so much for all the great advice!!!:)