QE Q722 Fjords June 2017 Penthouse

ClanMcLean

First of all.... huge apologies, I still haven't posted a review of our recent transatlantic :rolleyes:

Just looking for some advise about booking 7 nights on the QE. It's a Fjords cruise next June. I've been quoted an amazing prize for a Penthouse Suite and it includes $1100 OBC! The suite is 7069 (starboard). Any first hand experience of this suite? Sounds like an odd question, but can someone please assure me there's a door on the bathroom as the plans make it look like there's no doors! :eek: Any quirks about the QE I should be aware of? Any huge difference between Grills on the QM2 to the QE, apart from the obvious re-mastering?

There is a Youtube video of the cabin:

The QG cabins on QE tend to be smaller than on QM2, but they are still very nice, and I think have plenty of room.

The QG dining room is lovely, and the Courtyard is a real plus, although I'm not sure how much use you will have on a Fjords trip. The sun terrace is bigger and nicer, but it is not as sheltered from the wind, and no hot tub alas. I missed sitting in the hot tub and watching the back of the ship and the wake.

The lounge can get quite crowded, especially at tea time and pre dinner drinks - so get there early.

I love the QE. She doesn't feel quite as grand as QM2, but you don't end up walking miles to get anywhere - the Grills area is very central, and not too far from the Commodore Club. Perfection!

There is a Youtube video of the cabin:

The QG cabins on QE tend to be smaller than on QM2, but they are still very nice, and I think have plenty of room.

The QG dining room is lovely, and the Courtyard is a real plus, although I'm not sure how much use you will have on a Fjords trip. The sun terrace is bigger and nicer, but it is not as sheltered from the wind, and no hot tub alas. I missed sitting in the hot tub and watching the back of the ship and the wake.

The lounge can get quite crowded, especially at tea time and pre dinner drinks - so get there early.

I love the QE. She doesn't feel quite as grand as QM2, but you don't end up walking miles to get anywhere - the Grills area is very central, and not too far from the Commodore Club. Perfection!

Great video. Good to see you on here. Hope you are both well.

Love Pat

Just out of interest, do you mind telling us what price you are being quoted in the US?

The UK site is showing £2999 per person for a Q4 penthouse, which isn't mind blowingly good for 7 days. My TA would discount this a smidge, but not enought to make it a must do voyage.

My TA would discount this a smidge, but not enought to make it a must do voyage.

It is on our list though, but we've decided to go for a longer cruise which includes Iceland. Another destination on our list [emoji4]

Grills are sold out for next year though, so will have to be quick for the 2018 cruises.

It is on our list though, but we've decided to go for a longer cruise which includes Iceland. Another destination on our list [emoji4]

Grills are sold out for next year though, so will have to be quick for the 2018 cruises.

2018 should be available for booking next month, good luck.

We did a Norwegian cruise on Queen Victoria this May, and had fantastic weather.The Grills sun terrace was one of the best places for taking photos going through the fjords. I can only imagine a cruise which also takes in Iceland would be an amazing itinerary.

Have also done a Norwegian cruise on Celebrity in August a few years ago, which was great, and a holiday which involved flying to Bergen, then getting local boats down various fjords. I agree the best way to see the scenery is from a ship:)