If I purchase the VOOM internet (no streaming) can I use Verizon WiFi calling?

Yes - It works great.

We have never used Verizon's wifi calling and will also be on Anthem soon with Voom, not streaming. I will activate wifi calling before we leave. Will I then be able to make and receive calls just as I would normally or is there a different procedure? We usually just leave phone on with data roaming off and pay as we go for calls and texts. We have purchased Voom for my phone as we are in the middle of a real estate transaction and need to be "available". I know I just need to turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi to be able to receive my emails. Is that all I need for wifi calling to?

We have never used Verizon's wifi calling and will also be on Anthem soon with Voom, not streaming. I will activate wifi calling before we leave. Will I then be able to make and receive calls just as I would normally or is there a different procedure? We usually just leave phone on with data roaming off and pay as we go for calls and texts. We have purchased Voom for my phone as we are in the middle of a real estate transaction and need to be "available". I know I just need to turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi to be able to receive my emails. Is that all I need for wifi calling to?

Yep. That's it

We have a Samsung galaxy 7 and with At&T, will that phone work also and would there be any extra costs.

You (and everyone else asking his question) can try this before ever getting on the ship. Put the phone in airplane mode and turn on WiFi only. If it works then it will likely work on the ship as well. No extra costs.

You (and everyone else asking his question) can try this before ever getting on the ship. Put the phone in airplane mode and turn on WiFi only. If it works then it will likely work on the ship as well. No extra costs.

Why so rude, I thought one of the purposes of this site was to ask questions when you are looking for answers. If the question bothered you so much, then don't open it and read it.

Why so rude, I thought one of the purposes of this site was to ask questions when you are looking for answers. If the question bothered you so much, then don't open it and read it.

Wow. You took that as a rude response?

Lighten up Francis.

How in the world was that a rude comment?

Yep. That's it

I thought there was more to it than that. If you put it in airplane mode and turn on wifi you won't be able to get calls or texts from non I phone users (if you use an iPhone)? Isn't there another setting that you have to change? Perhaps I'm wrong on this but I thought it was a little more than just turning on wifi.

I thought there was more to it than that. If you put it in airplane mode and turn on wifi you won't be able to get calls or texts from non I phone users (if you use an iPhone)? Isn't there another setting that you have to change? Perhaps I'm wrong on this but I thought it was a little more than just turning on wifi.

Not true anymore. I text (SMS) on planes and ships all the time. I'm on Liberty next week and will re- verify.

and WiFi calling is enabled on my phone.

Just found it. For I phones go to settings, then phone, and then you must also turn on the enable wifi calling setting. So after airplane mode and turning on wifi you do this and then I guess you are set.

OPS' original post had it enabled already :-)

BTW - I didn't think Biker's post was rude

Just found it. For I phones go to settings, then phone, and then you must also turn on the enable wifi calling setting. So after airplane mode and turning on wifi you do this and then I guess you are set.

Looking at my iPhone settings, and this is not a possible route. Maybe because I am in iPhone dark ages with an iPhone 5s

Looking at my iPhone settings, and this is not a possible route. Maybe because I am in iPhone dark ages with an iPhone 5s

Could be. WiFi calling takes the right carrier, right phone, and right software version.

Your cell provider should have the specs on their website.

It's a combination of phone (yours can do it), iOS version (get the latest) and (most importantly) your carrier. Unless you get all three, it won't work.

It's a combination of phone (yours can do it), iOS version (get the latest) and (most importantly) your carrier. Unless you get all three, it won't work.

Newest iOS with Verizon and you can do it. Not sure you can update enough on a iPhone 5?

Newest iOS with Verizon and you can do it. Not sure you can update enough on a iPhone 5?

We just updated our phones last night to the newest IOS, 9.3.4. I have an iPhone 6 and have the ability to use wifi calling. My husband has some flavor of an iPhone 5, not sure which. He successfully updated to 9.3.4 but does not have wifi calling under his phone settings. Not sure why, whether it is phone related or plan related as his phone is a business phone on a different plan than mine.