Does NCL have unlimited internet package like RCL / Switch Promo Question?

cidymom

I was wondering if NCL charges a flat fee for unlimited internet for a 7-day cruise. The last few cruises have been with Royal Caribbean and are spoiled with their fast internet. As one of the free promos, I chose the WIFI and was wondering if I should switch to the free service charge for 2 people instead? Would NCL let me switch promos without changing cabins? Also, I noticed that the category of cabin that I booked went up $100. Does that mean I would have to pay in order to switch promos? Thanks in advance for all helpful advice.

I was wondering if NCL charges a flat fee for unlimited internet for a 7-day cruise. The last few cruises have been with Royal Caribbean and are spoiled with their fast internet. As one of the free promos, I chose the WIFI and was wondering if I should switch to the free service charge for 2 people instead? Would NCL let me switch promos without changing cabins? Also, I noticed that the category of cabin that I booked went up $100. Does that mean I would have to pay in order to switch promos? Thanks in advance for all helpful advice.

To change, you need to cancel and rebook. Not sure what the cancellation rules are where you booked,,,, US there is no penalty to rebook before final payment. Slight chance of losing your room. You pay the current fare (if it has changed).

Flat fee for Internet is $29.99 per day and you need to book all days.

The promotion is for 250 minutes of Internet. It has to be used as 250 minutes and can not be converted to an unlimited plan.

Thanks for your replies. I phoned NCL to switch my WIFI promo to free service charges and unfortunately it was going to cost me another CAD$700 as my cabin category went up on the Breakaway and I guess factoring in the exchange rate. The NCL representative said it wouldn't be worth it to change to a promo worth $200. So I will stay put as is. Thanks all!

Thanks for your replies. I phoned NCL to switch my WIFI promo to free service charges and unfortunately it was going to cost me another CAD$700 as my cabin category went up on the Breakaway and I guess factoring in the exchange rate. The NCL representative said it wouldn't be worth it to change to a promo worth $200. So I will stay put as is. Thanks all!

The promo isn't worth it for 250 minutes anyway. Unfortunately, going from RCCL to NCL you're going from the best internet at sea to possibly the worst.

Try calling again, if you just recently booked and are before final payment all you want to do is choose a different perk from what you initinally chose. You shouldn't have to cancel and rebook.

I think the key on this is what perks were available when you booked. If you want to switch from ubp to sdp and you could have picked sdp upon booking, that may be. But when you want to switch to a perk that didn't exist when you booked, I believe you are stuck with a cancel rebook situation. Imagine if you booked when only a $25 credit was available and later ubp became a perk but the rooms had a price increase to help make up for that being a perk. It would make sense that you would have to pay the increased price to make up for it.