Delayed Boarding Majesty of the Seas August 22nd

I'll be getting on as you get off(next Friday)! Love last minute bookings!

The last time I cruised with you, it was last minute road trip cruise. Not Tampa this time, but about the same distance for me.

And I'll be getting on after you get off, lol
Have fun!!:p

The last time I cruised with you, it was last minute road trip cruise. Not Tampa this time, but about the same distance for me.

I'm cruising with a couple of the same people this time..:)

Go to the Terminal, drop off your luggage and then head over to Grills

+1. For some reason I envisioned the OP getting to port at the recommended time by RCI and the ship already be gone. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Edited by Biker19

3......2......1...... till someone provides an example of their sailing being ahead of time.:p

I had to think about that a bit. I have vivid memories of a Captain saying all passengers were on board and him getting permission to leave early, but it was probably a port of call and not a embarkation point. I think only my first cruise was delayed 2 hours because 30 people from Houston were delayed to a storm passing through IAH.

I had to think about that a bit. I have vivid memories of a Captain saying all passengers were on board and him getting permission to leave early, but it was probably a port of call and not a embarkation point. I think only my first cruise was delayed 2 hours because 30 people from Houston were delayed to a storm passing through IAH.

I can remember leaving FLL as the first ship out of the port on embarkation day, but that isn't what I consider early. When we sail in February there has been times when the ship waits for cruisers who had difficulty with flights down from colder locations.....all of those people probably booked their airfare through the cruise line. Once a single family met up with the ship at the first port of call.

I don't recall ever having a delayed boarding, we've left a little late a few times, and once we didn't leave at all. :(

Cruise was cancelled just as we were supposed to sail. WCCF

I don't recall ever having a delayed boarding, we've left a little late a few times, and once we didn't leave at all. :(

Cruise was cancelled just as we were supposed to sail. WCCF

I've never been in a delayed boarding like this where they notified people ahead of time. On my Freedom 2008 cruise boarding was delayed 60 minutes with no explanation in the terminal. Our roll call had someone doing a B2B and they called on the cell to tell us they couldn't find one passenger to get the passenger count to zero. Turned out he was part of the B2B group and at first they couldn't hear the announcements where the B2bers were, then it turned out the guy couldn't speak English and they were slaughtering his name so bad, he didn't recognize it. They only found it when someone realized the crew member with the B2Bers miscounted how many people where in there.

Our Allure cruise last December we left so fast and early that everyone pretty much missed sail away! Seriously, we were meeting our friends up on top deck at the very back and I was the only one up there! DH stopped for the bathroom and missed it, and our friends had a muster station farther away and also missed it. So I stood there almost completely alone! Captain said that he had the chance to leave, so he did!

Here I am taking a selfie at sail away! I did feel really bad for first time cruisers who had been looking forward to this.

IMG_3637_1.jpg

Edited by cello56

We are on the same sailing and at a loss for what to do. We arrive in Orlando at 10am and have made car arrangements to get to the ship by 12:30ish. Now what are we suppose to do for HOURS? First cruise,so we are not sure what the terminals are like. Can we show up and just wait? Will we be able to drop our luggage off and then wander around the area? Help!!!!

We are on the same sailing and at a loss for what to do. We arrive in Orlando at 10am and have made car arrangements to get to the ship by 12:30ish. Now what are we suppose to do for HOURS? First cruise,so we are not sure what the terminals are like. Can we show up and just wait? Will we be able to drop our luggage off and then wander around the area? Help!!!!

Drop off luggage and head over to the Cove area ( next to your terminal)

You can also walk over to Exploration Tower. I think it $7

I wonder if one of the local hotels will rent you a day room so you can relax and use the pool? You can try calling the Radisson or the Country Inn and Suites or Residence or Hampton. Then take a cab to the port. Don't know if this would work but it's worth a try. There's not much of a place to walk around the port but you could possibly sit there but not fun..

Edited by torpeedo

I disagree with her as well. While it's a small issue in the grand scheme of things, you aren't getting what you signed up for. This may sound stupid to some but embarkation day is one of the best times for us, wandering around the ship, hitting a few bars, leisurely lunch, checking out the cabin, signing up for specialty restaurants...or not...and taking our time before the drill and dinner. It's like precruise and we love it. And I think a small token OBC is in order especially since they know this far in advance that there are issues.

Well said.

We were on the MOS weekend before last, and had a note left by cabin steward advising water system was under maintenance from Midnight to 3 am Sunday morning, and toilets/showers etc would be unavailable.

Evidently they didn't get everything fixed as planned.

As for not boarding early, we used up a lot of our drink pacakage between noon and sailing time, but that was us. Late departure won't hurt any stops, but bummer for those arriving early at port, as there is very little to do nearby.

Is John doing the roving reporter today? You know someone has already shown up and tried to board. (off to check the webcam to see if its showing Majesty's back side.)

Just back from dropping friend at airport. 1 hour 23 minute roundtrip :D

Anyway, the electronic direction sign on 528 says Delayed Boarding.

I may go over later this afternoon.

Edited by John&LaLa

We had delayed boarding on Majesty last August right around this time for a water maintenance issue. They did alert us ahead of time but I was so used to the messages to arrive later that I ignored it at first. Of course they sent several more the day before the cruise so we altered our time plans a little.

Luckily we live in FL, so we just had to change the time we decided to drive down to Miami. The notices told us they would not be boarding until around 4pm however we didn't want to get there during the rush and assumed they were overestimating the time, so we arrived around 2pm. They were taking luggage, but turning people away saying they really were not opening the doors to check in until 4pm. They did charter buses to take us over to the shopping and food area near the port and told everyone to enjoy that area until about 3:30pm when we could get back on the buses. They told us then that each stateroom would receive a $25 OBC to make up for us having to purchase our own lunch off the ship.

We did enjoy the food and shopping area but when we went to line up for the buses at 3:30pm, there were very long lines and not enough buses. There were a few RC staff trying to corral lines and get buses loaded however it was HOT out and people would just run out of line to the next bus when it arrived. It was definitely frustrating.

When we finally got on a bus and headed back to the port, the driver was told to drive around a little while because they were still not ready for anyone to board. Of course this made everyone extremely happy(note the sarcasm!). Once he was allowed to drive to the port, we were not allowed to get off as all of the buses full of people were waiting to board.

Eventually they let us off the buses and then we waited thru long lines outside (people actually passed out due to the heat and maybe a little too much alchohol), inside for check-in and after that to board. Some members of our group were less than friendly at this point so we chose to skip the boarding picture :D

Once we boarded they sent everyone directly to muster for the fastest muster drill I have ever attended and then we were sent on our way. They were just lining people up for muster as they boarded so I am not sure how many times they completed that process!

We went straight to our rooms and it was now around 6:45pm. We had 6:30pm dinner so I called to see what time they had moved it to due to late boarding and they had not moved it at all. So we ran to dinner. Needless to say it was not the best embarkation experience we have ever had!

The rest of the cruise was great though!!