MSC Divina Questions

BigWino

Sailing on August 27 and have a few questions:

1. My Mom is traveling with us but on her own reservation booked long after ours. They didn't give her the same dining time as us although she requested it. What is the best way to make sure the three of us can eat together?

2. Will they give us a table for 4 for the 3 of us or will we be seated at a shared table with strangers?

3. On the Ultimate Premium drinks package are drinks ordered from room service included?

4. On embarkation day is lunch served in the MDR or only at the buffet?

5. Can we bring wine on board and pay a corkage? What is the procedure?

Thanks, our first MSC and very curious to see the differences. The ship looks beautiful.

Sailing on August 27 and have a few questions:

1. My Mom is traveling with us but on her own reservation booked long after ours. They didn't give her the same dining time as us although she requested it. What is the best way to make sure the three of us can eat together?

You'll need to go talk to the maître D' on embarkation day - he'll certainly assist your request to be seated together

2. Will they give us a table for 4 for the 3 of us or will we be seated at a shared table with strangers?

It'll depend on availability

3. On the Ultimate Premium drinks package are drinks ordered from room service included?

No, though the mini-bar in the cabin is and you can ask your steward to stock it with your preferred choice of spirits, soft drinks and beer, subject to the limited brands provided.

4. On embarkation day is lunch served in the MDR or only at the buffet?

Lunch is only available in the buffet

5. Can we bring wine on board and pay a corkage? What is the procedure?

No - any drink brought on board will be confiscated and returned to you on the final day

Thanks, our first MSC and very curious to see the differences. The ship looks beautiful.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise. :)

I'm not sure if there's a set time on Divina or whether it varies. He's usually set up in one of the MDRs in the afternoon - you'll have to enquire at embarkation. Be aware, too, that there will more than likely be a queue to see him! There's no avoiding this process, though, as he is the only one who will deal with your situation.

Obtain your mother's reservation number, call your travel agent and ask that her reservation be liked to yours. If the reservations are linked, you will be seated together at dinner without needing to make arrangements on board. As you are raveling on August 27, there is hopefully still time to link the reservations.

Do they all not have to have booked the same experience and drink package to be able to sit toget

No, as long as you have different reservation numbers. We had a different drink package and experience level on our last cruise with my daughter and her boyfriend. (the different experience level was a mistake on MSC part and they honored the mistake). Our reservations were linked and we were sat together for dinner.

We had checked about the drink packages with MSC as my daughter and boyfriend had an unlimited package and we had a 10 drink coupon book.

If I had booked both cabins with the same reservation number, then we would have had to all match experience and drink package.

Ok, we had a different experience, we had booked fantastica and our friends had booked bella and they had to change to Fantastice to enable us to sit together. We had booked first and they decided to join us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok, we had a different experience, we had booked fantastica and our friends had booked bella and they had to change to Fantastice to enable us to sit together. We had booked first and they decided to join us.

I wonder if this is another example of different rules and conditions between USA and European bookings?

We are both booked under the Fantastica experience. We purchased the beverage package and she purchased an 18 drink voucher book.

Is it safe to link the reservations or could that trigger MSC requiring her to purchase the beverage package since we both have it?

Thanks for all of the great advice!

We are both booked under the Fantastica experience. We purchased the beverage package and she purchased an 18 drink voucher book.

Is it safe to link the reservations or could that trigger MSC requiring her to purchase the beverage package since we both have it?

The following is what's stated on the MSC website in relation to the drinks package:

It must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table......

However, the maître D' may overlook this - especially if he has to seat you at a table of 6 or more. It is totally at his discretion once you board, whereas no such discretion can be applied prior to the cruise. There's more scope for flexibility onboard. It may be helpful to point out that your mother has drinks vouchers if the drinks package is an issue at the time.

I hope it works out for you and you can enjoy your cruise. Good luck!

Edited by Beamafar

Did you read my post on this very same experience? As long as your mother's reservation number is different from yours, there is no problem.

My daughter and her boyfriend both had unlimited drink packages (one reservation number) and my husband and I had 10 drink (turned out to be 12 drink) coupons (different reservation number).

Our reservations were linked and we were assigned the same table in the MDR.

Call MSC if you wish to double check on the policy.