Pre-Boarding Concierge service for suites

Kimq

I would like to have a reception in my suite on Embarkation day. I have done this on other cruise lines and just contacted the Concierge to set the suite up with drinks and glasses. How do I contact the Concierge before my cruise with Princess ? Thanks

I would like to have a reception in my suite on Embarkation day. I have done this on other cruise lines and just contacted the Concierge to set the suite up with drinks and glasses. How do I contact the Concierge before my cruise with Princess ? Thanks

Only the RoyalRegal have a concierge lounge and thats it.

Very busy on Embarkation day. I could never get RS to answer the phone.

Stewart will be very busy and usually not around until late afternoon.

Best to try and call room service.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I know what you're talking about - Celebrity has suite concierges that call you personally a few weeks prior to embarkation and arrange whatever you want. Princess doesn't do that.

What I've done in the past for my bon voyage suite party was to order everything I wanted online ahead of time through the Princess website. Once onboard, I spoke with my cabin steward and he brought a table cloth for the balcony table, glasses, cloth napkins, ice and anything else we needed. He made sure the pre-ordered food got there and even tracked down one order that didn't get there when it should have. While we were out of the cabin, he cleaned up everything and took away all the dishes. Enjoy!

Like Keith mentioned; I don't believe Princess has a dedicated Concierge or Butler on their ships; so if you are staying in a suite you might want to check with your room steward once onboard and see what they can do or contact the director of hotel services.

Thanks for all your advise. I have used the beverage director (on other lines) before to arrange a party. We are on Royal, I will see what can be ordered before we board. :) Makes me a bit nervous to invite people to our suite and not know it will be set up for a party.

We were in an Owner's Suite last year on the Regal. And I'm a former F&B Director for Hilton, so I know the challenges. So here is what I would recommend:

First - As someone else mentioned, I would pre-order any beverages and food you want in the room from the website.

Second - Take full advantage of your suite perk of boarding as early as you can and plan the party for as late in the day as you are comfortable doing.

Third - as soon as you get to your suite, go to the Concierge Desk (located on the Rivera Deck) and introduce yourself to the Concierge working the desk. They are at the desk on embarkation day but all subsequent days they are only there in two or three our shifts, the other times the desk is unmanned.

Fourth - Once you've met the Concierge, let them know about everything you've pre-ordered, give them a list of anything you would like that you couldn't pre-order and tell them when the party is and what assistance you need from them to make that happen.

And, do include your room steward in this process as well. However they are extremely busy on embarkation day so I think I would let the Concierge handle as much as they can and only ask the steward to do those things he must do.

I'm guessing your party will go off without a hitch and you'll have a great time. Enjoy your cruise.

Jeff (Wish84), Your training in the hospitality industry shows in the way you have made your suggestions.You have set them out very clearly and concisely. :)

Thanks. But sometimes it's a curse. 52 years old and I can't do anything without a plan. I just finished planning, paying for, printing itineraries, flight schedules, hotel reservations, on-board reservations and shore excursions for our B2B on the Regal this December.

Our first trip aboard the Regal last year I had a full day's itinerary planned out so we didn't forget to do the things we wanted to do and about one hour into our day on ship, I threw the whole thing out.

LOL

Parties and sail-away activities are easy on Celebrity. Not so much on Princess. That's part of the reason we strayed over to X for the last two cruises. Our butler on the Constellation had everything in place and the fridge full of our special requests. We even managed to get a full size bottle of Bloody Mary mix.