Carnival to Increase It's Presence in Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades!

This is good news for me. I like cruising out of Port Everglades the best, and love Fort Lauderdale and area. I have seen that article already somewhere though, not sure where but recently.

As for Splendor, the last I heard was that it was delayed going to China, and would not be going until 2019. I see some nice itineraries for next year on Splendor.

It is making me think hard about keeping my res on Escape:(

Oh well, I will be happy to see more than one ship out of PE,

This is good news for me. I like cruising out of Port Everglades the best, and love Fort Lauderdale and area. I have seen that article already somewhere though, not sure where but recently.

As for Splendor, the last I heard was that it was delayed going to China, and would not be going until 2019. I see some nice itineraries for next year on Splendor.

It is making me think hard about keeping my res on Escape:(

Oh well, I will be happy to see more than one ship out of PE,

Someone posted this story a few days ago from Cruise Industry News, perhaps that's the article you saw (although the OP's local news story has more information):

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/15688-carnival-corporation-and-port-everglades-extend-agreement-to-2030.html

Edited by joepeka

Thanks OP for the share. I'm glad they are opening up Port Everglades to more ships and bigger ships. I have only been out of there once which was last year and found it very easy. Much easier than my last time out of Miami. I was on the Splendor in May and I loved that ship. Hopefully it will get some new and exciting ports. If Port Canaveral can't get the Horizon, maybe Ft. Lauderdale. Fingers crossed.