Drink Questions - Non Drink Package

pullen0

I've looked over the drink packages and have determined they just won't be feasible for our trip. My only other cruise experience was a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas on RC. I had the soda package and was stuck using their cup and had to go to the Windjammer cafe every time I wanted to fill it.

What drinks are included free in the main dining room and the Ocean View Cafe? I'm assuming water and iced tea. Would we be able to bring yeti mugs to fill with ice and drinks in the Ocean View Cafe?

Thanks in advance

Water, hot Coffee, hot Tea, lemon, and Fruit cocktail available in the Oceanview - as well as the Aqua Spa cafe and Mast Grill. Can't recall re the MDR, you certainly get water during your meal, and free tea and coffee after your meal. I don't recall seeing iced tea - but we've sailed Eclipse ex Southampton and maybe it's dropped in favour of hot tea for the British

Edited by DYKWIA

MDR you can get coffee, tea (hot & Iced) and water. The Oceanview has also has coffe, tea, dispensers with juice in the a.m and fruit punch & lemonade in the p.m..

The soda package on Celebrity is not like Royal. With Celebrity you can get soda in cans from the bars. You also can bring bottled water or soda on board with you at embarkation.

Aaah, thank you for that question - and the answer. I was about to ask the exact same thing. We usually drink lots of water, mainly tap water and I was worried about having to purchase lots and lots of bottled water. Your answer cleared that up for me.

I recall that I read somewhere that all tap water on cruise ships is safe to drink. This will be our first Celebrity cruise and I was wondering about drinking tap water on the ship. But if that is not the best choice I understand that we can fill our own bottles.

Tap water is, of course, drinkable.

If you do choose to refill your own bottle, please get a clean glass and fill the clean glass from the dispenser, then empty that glass into your own bottle without touching the glass to your bottle. This helps reduce the spread of illness.

Tap water is safe to drink but the treatment process and mineral content might be different to what you're used to. We take a slab of our own favourite bottled water on board - this year we have a drinks package but as we drive to the port we'll still take it on board with us for the cabin.

Tap water is, of course, drinkable.

If you do choose to refill your own bottle, please get a clean glass and fill the clean glass from the dispenser, then empty that glass into your own bottle without touching the glass to your bottle. This helps reduce the spread of illness.

That is some sound advise indeed. We will absolutely take that into account. :) And otherwise we can always opt to stock up on bottled water. Thanks for the advise!

Unless you make a specific request for a beer or type of wine they will always bring you a drink that is available within your drinks package so no extra charge.

When I'm at the bar sometimes ask for the best gin (or whatever) I can have with that drinks package, just to try something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your room attendants will also provide you with ice buckets two times a day if you request it. Great to add to warm bottled water or to drink as it melts during the night. Your room attendant will also empty your minibar if you ask him/her to so you can 'chill' your own water. It isn't mega cold but definitely better than room temperature.

Edited by chemmo

We were on a 13 night Transatlantic with no perks. So we decided not to purchase a drink package until we were on board ship and see how things went. We were in Agua cabin, so we had coffee in Blu and juices for breakfast. We had lemonade (which my husband loves) and my husband ordered a soda ($4.13 charge) once a day. By then end of our trip we had charged less than $100 for drinks for the 13 nights. We were satisfied with what we had and happy that we had not paid for a beverage package.

I never did a Disney dining plan either. I don't want to spend time worrying if I'm getting my moneys worth or not. Even at $4 a Coke, I still wouldn't get my money's worth when only looking at 5 waking hours on the ship every day but the sea day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums