Hi, question about swimming on board.

RHONDA L

Hi, I'm taking my Mom on our first cruise. Can you wear a swimsuit top and shorts for swimming, or does it have to be a swimming suit? My Mom would like to go swimming and try out the hot tub but she is older.

Thank you in advance for your help. 😊

Hi, I'm taking my Mom on our first cruise. Can you wear a swimsuit top and shorts for swimming, or does it have to be a swimming suit? My Mom would like to go swimming and try out the hot tub but she is older.

Yes she can.

Lol, thank you all for your help. I'm now sure that she's going to feel much better about swimming and hot tubs. I'll see if she is interested in a swim skirt outfit. She is 70 and disabled, so I'll see how it goes. ☺

I just ordered three different swim shorts from Amazon. I like them because they dry fast and have the built in liner. Most have a Velcro close or an elastic waistband so they are easy to get on and off. Much more comfortable when wet than ordinary shorts and undies. They were $12 - $20 each.

If she is more comfortable in shorts, don't worry. You may see just about anything in the hot tubs, all ages, shapes and sizes. Our last Caribbean cruise we even saw my DH cell phone in the hot tub!:eek:

Yes, she can wear those.

BTW: the reason it's so quiet (shh!! don't tell anyone), newbies think it's part of the Spa or Sanctuary and will cost them money. Nope, it's free.

This newbie needs the handrail to get safely into and out of the pool. Thank goodness for people sharing information and photos, that's how I was able to establish the Lotus Spa Pool, and possibly the Terrace Pool will meet my access reguirements.

In 82 days time, I should be enjoying a Captain's Bounty as my Nightcap in Skywalkers Bar before settling down for my 1st night aboard.

Yes I am eagerly counting down the days! :D ROFL.

Lol, thank you all for your help. I'm now sure that she's going to feel much better about swimming and hot tubs. I'll see if she is interested in a swim skirt outfit. She is 70 and disabled, so I'll see how it goes. ☺

If your first post you called your mother older and seemed to imply there was something different about older people and swimming. I cannot quite figure it out. I am 70 and handicapped and do not think of myself as any less capable. My wife just bought two new swimsuits to wear on our next cruise. I hop your mother has a great cruise and dances all night. Don't hold her back because of her age.. 70 is not old.

This newbie needs the handrail to get safely into and out of the pool. Thank goodness for people sharing information and photos, that's how I was able to establish the Lotus Spa Pool, and possibly the Terrace Pool will meet my access reguirements.

From what I've seen, there is usually a "lift" at the main pool for those who can't use the handrail (available at all pools)