Beach Bungalow at Cococay

I've gotten conflicting info from RC about the cost of the Beach Bungalow. The first time I called the cost was $225 per guest. I thought that was high and called again and was told it's $225 for the Bungalow for up to 6 people. Has anyone had the experience of paying for it? Is it one price or $225 for each guest?

Bucknwanda

Edited by bucknwanda

I've gotten conflicting info from RC about the cost of the Beach Bungalow. The first time I called the cost was $225 per guest. I thought that was high and called again and was told it's $225 for the Bungalow for up to 6 people. Has anyone had the experience of paying for it? Is it one price or $225 for each guest?

Bucknwanda

That is $225 for the Cabana and the amenities for up to 6 people including a nice lunch!

$225 for your group. It includes an upgraded lunch, bottled waters, use of mats & snorkel gear.

For what it is worth we've had cabanas on both Coco Cay and Labadee. We didn't care for the arrangement on Coco Cay. No private beach, no cabana attendant , no ceiling fan in the cabana all of which we had on Labadee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bucknwanda

It's $225 for the "cabana". Only one person "buys" it and then invites up to 5 other people to join!

:)

Bucknwanda

Are you referring to a "Cabana"?? I have not heard of any "bungalows"....

I just reserved a beach bungalow for our Nov. cruise - what is the difference between the bungalow and the cabana? I can't find any information on the bungalow. Thanks!

Ditto! Everything I can find seems to refer to the cabanas. Anyone have more information? Here is a link to the "beach bunglow" http://www.royalcaribbean.com/shoreExcursions/product/detail/view.do?sourcePage=shorexByPort&ProductCode=ZL1A&DestinationCode=

$225 for your group. It includes an upgraded lunch, bottled waters, use of mats & snorkel gear.

For what it is worth we've had cabanas on both Coco Cay and Labadee (Barefoot Beach). We didn't care for the arrangement on Coco Cay. No private beach, no cabana attendant , no ceiling fan in the cabana all of which we had on Labadee.

We've done both as well and much preferred Coco Cay to Labadee. Granted, our waiter in Labadee clearly wasn't at the top of his class, and our service was much better at Coco Cay. Luck of the draw there. It was a bit more of a walk to the beach in Coco Cay, Labadee's was closer but the rocks were a little sharper. Finally, the lunch in Labadee, because it also included everyone at Barefoot Beach not in a Cabana, was a bigger and seemingly less-organized affair. Coco Cay was smaller and more easily managed as only the Cabana guests were there.

Coco Cay was $225 for 6 guests, we brought along another couple from our MDR table and a mother/daughter pair we hung out with in the CL. No problems getting them in and a super time was had by all.

I'd go back to Coco Cay and do the same thing again without hesitation. Labadee... we MIGHT do it again hoping for a better server, but I sure wouldn't select an itinerary based solely on its inclusion.

There was also a very friendly cat hanging out at the Cabana area at Coco Cay, if you're into that.

The BIG thing on this one: Labadee has a dock and is essentially a sure thing. Coco Cay is a tender port and if it's on the rough side... no Coco.

However you do it, have an awesome time.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

We've done both as well and much preferred Coco Cay to Labadee. Granted, our waiter in Labadee clearly wasn't at the top of his class, and our service was much better at Coco Cay. Luck of the draw there. It was a bit more of a walk to the beach in Coco Cay, Labadee's was closer but the rocks were a little sharper. Finally, the lunch in Labadee, because it also included everyone at Barefoot Beach not in a Cabana, was a bigger and seemingly less-organized affair. Coco Cay was smaller and more easily managed as only the Cabana guests were there.

Coco Cay was $225 for 6 guests, we brought along another couple from our MDR table and a mother/daughter pair we hung out with in the CL. No problems getting them in and a super time was had by all.

I'd go back to Coco Cay and do the same thing again without hesitation. Labadee... we MIGHT do it again hoping for a better server, but I sure wouldn't select an itinerary based solely on its inclusion.

There was also a very friendly cat hanging out at the Cabana area at Coco Cay, if you're into that.

The BIG thing on this one: Labadee has a dock and is essentially a sure thing. Coco Cay is a tender port and if it's on the rough side... no Coco.

Are you referring to the new "Beach Bungalows" that just became available July 31? Looking at my cruise planner for October, the**beach bungalows**, not cabanas, on Labadee are located on Columbus Cove and it states, the rental of a Beach Bungalow does not include access to Barefoot Beach, which would be where the upgraded lunch is located.

And my cruise planner for December in which we are going to Coco Cay, for their **beach bungalows**, not cabanas, it only indicates complimentary buffet lunch available, it does not indicated anything about the upgraded lunch.

What beach did you find it to be rocky?

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Are you referring to the new "Beach Bungalows" that just became available July 31? Looking at my cruise planner for October, the**beach bungalows**, not cabanas, on Labadee are located on Columbus Cove and it states, the rental of a Beach Bungalow does not include access to Barefoot Beach, which would be where the upgraded lunch is located.

And my cruise planner for December in which we are going to Coco Cay, for their **beach bungalows**, not cabanas, it only indicates complimentary buffet lunch available, it does not indicated anything about the upgraded lunch.

What beach did you find it to be rocky?

Not referring to the bungalows, we were at the frequently photographed wooden cabanas over the water at Barefoot Beach. The ones you can generally see from where the ship is docked. Really, from a construction standpoint I just see the same basic idea built in two different styles. Not like one's a shack and the other a palace.

I wouldn't say it was "rocky", certainly not compared to Maho Beach is Snt. Maarten from the same trip, but the little rocks at Barefoot Beach were on the pointy/sharp side. Wear water shoes.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

Interestingly, we've had the cabana 3 X on Labadee, each time we've had an attendant who has brought drinks and tended to any needs. Our one experience on Coco Cay in a cabana (which was in July) we had no attendant.

I always bring a couple of twenties along to tip the staff but in this case no one ever came by.

• 2 weeks later...
I booked a bungalow today for 195 it was 225 last week

I had to get a price adjustment today for the Cococay bungalow I booked last week for April 9 cruise, I paid $225.00

I didn't notice any change in things included, wondering why they went down in price :confused: That almost never happens.