Uber or taxi..Manhattan to Red Hook??

CanICruiseSoon

OP, which car service did you call ? I did a quick lookup for next Saturday at 9 AM on Camel's App, from Hyatt at Times Square, quoted $45 to $52 for sedan or $60 for minivan, plus toll & tips.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Toll is only if they use Brooklyn Battery Tunnel going down via West Side Hwy, $5.54 for EZ-Pass or $8 for cash, nothing else. Can't possibly jump that much even if tipping is added for a basic 4 door sedan.

What is Dial7 quoting by phone ? Saturday morning is usually not peak or congestion pricing. Do business with another car services. We don't use ride- sharing services like Uber.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Taxi or Uber would be way cheaper, we do both in NYC , as already said no toll is needed Brooklyn bridge can be used . I would just grab a taxi

Taxi you you can specify which route and not to use a toll road. Black car (car service), you can not it is up to the driver.

What are the rules for shared ride like Uber or Lyft?

Taxi you you can specify which route and not to use a toll road. Black car (car service), you can not it is up to the driver.

What are the rules for shared ride like Uber or Lyft?

i use Carmel and i tell the driver no tolls and do not take the queens midtown tunnel. He takes the bridge instead (coming from queens to the Manhattan terminal ). Never had a problem with this in all of the times i take Carmel.

Edited by shof515

i use Carmel and i tell the driver no tolls and do not take the queens midtown tunnel. He takes the bridge instead (coming from queens to the Manhattan terminal ). Never had a problem with this in all of the times i take Carmel.

Nothing says you can't ask, but T&LC rules state Black Car because it is a set price can take any route they deem fit. YMMV and it did for you.