Changes in online check-in.

Honesty on the front end and lots of security cameras on the back end.

Regardless...it can still be a hassle if something goes wrong...I feel better about being handed my SeaPass card at checkin and not have it on my cabin door...but that's JMHO and I'm sure RCI doesn't care. New and "improved isn't always better" ;)

Regardless...it can still be a hassle if something goes wrong...I feel better about being handed my SeaPass card at checkin and not have it on my cabin door...but that's JMHO and I'm sure RCI doesn't care. New and "improved isn't always better" ;)

My thoughts exactly, this is the first I've heard about this, We are sailing on Allure so my sea pass cards will be on the front of my stateroom door? And if I want to purchase something (a drink) before we are allowed into our stateroom, what do I use?

Also if they are giving you a time on your sea pass for you to board are they enforcing that or is it still - show up as early as you want instead of when they tell you to on a recorded phone call? :confused:

My thoughts exactly, this is the first I've heard about this, We are sailing on Allure so my sea pass cards will be on the front of my stateroom door? And if I want to purchase something (a drink) before we are allowed into our stateroom, what do I use?

Also if they are giving you a time on your sea pass for you to board are they enforcing that or is it still - show up as early as you want instead of when they tell you to on a recorded phone call? :confused:

On Allure you will still get your Seapass at the desk when you check-in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some changes would also be needed shipboard to allow folks to use the Setsail pass to charge stuff before they get their SeaPass cards.

So, you would use your set sail pass for any purchases until you are able to access your cabins and get your SeaPass card? I pre-purchased a beverage package--I wonder if that is some how "coded" to my Setsail pass????

So, you would use your set sail pass for any purchases until you are able to access your cabins and get your SeaPass card? I pre-purchased a beverage package--I wonder if that is some how "coded" to my Setsail pass????

Yes, they scan the barcode on your SetSail pass to charge/access your onboard account.

Yes, they scan the barcode on your SetSail pass to charge/access your onboard account.

Thanks, Bob--that is helpful. I know there is no indicator on the actual Setsail pass that shows I purchased a beverage package. The other thing that is odd about this process is we obviously usually only print one Setsail pass. Either DH and I have to stick together, or I will have to print a second copy for him in case we get separated? :D Will be interesting to see how this all works out, as it is definitely a new system for me!

Don't worry about the second item in the Your Seapass Card section of the instructions - you can use any card, including a business card to turn on power to your cabin.

thanks, I think I had read that in one of the early Quantum trip reports that any card will do to power the cabin lights :)

Thanks, Bob--that is helpful. I know there is no indicator on the actual Setsail pass that shows I purchased a beverage package. The other thing that is odd about this process is we obviously usually only print one Setsail pass. Either DH and I have to stick together, or I will have to print a second copy for him in case we get separated? :D Will be interesting to see how this all works out, as it is definitely a new system for me!

thanks, I think I had read that in one of the early Quantum trip reports that any card will do to power the cabin lights :)

I would look to see if there is a print button beside each name on the screen where you print your setsail pass. The ones that I printed for Anthem each have a specific name on them on the right side below your crown and anchor status. Mine shows that we are using my credit card and his says grantee.

I would look to see if there is a print button beside each name on the screen where you print your setsail pass. The ones that I printed for Anthem each have a specific name on them on the right side below your crown and anchor status. Mine shows that we are using my credit card and his says grantee.

Thank you! Thank you! One of the reasons I love CC...what a wealth of knowledge on these boards. You are correct. Under each name in the online check in page, there is an option to print a set sail pass for each person, and my husbands also says "grantee". It's also giving me the option to print my minor daughters set sail pass, even though she is under a different reservation/cabin [emoji4]

Thank you! Thank you! One of the reasons I love CC...what a wealth of knowledge on these boards. You are correct. Under each name in the online check in page, there is an option to print a set sail pass for each person, and my husbands also says "grantee". It's also giving me the option to print my minor daughters set sail pass, even though she is under a different reservation/cabin [emoji4]

You're welcome.:)

I just printed off set sail passes for our Harmony cruise on November 12th. These were the instructions on page #2

SetSailInfo_zps8c1sm5ex.jpg

I'm running the Roll Call for the Harmony cruise on November 26th.

We had no idea about any of this. :eek:

I just added this Link (Thread) to our November 26th Thread. So other can see the new process and not be a deer in headlights.

Thanks

Drew and Donna