Shuttle in Boston

Boston has a really good public transit system. I don't know about shuttles from Royal, but the Silver Line has a stop right at the cruise port and you can get just about anywhere. Pick up the Silver Line at Black Falcon Ave and take it to South Station, then grab the Red Line. You can take the Red Line to Park Street at Boston Commons and walk the Freedom Trail (this is what we are going to be doing next week) or switch to the Orange Line at Downtown Crossing and take the Orange Line directly to the Haymarket Stop.

It's like $2-$3 per person.

Boston has a really good public transit system. I don't know about shuttles from Royal, but the Silver Line has a stop right at the cruise port and you can get just about anywhere. Pick up the Silver Line at Black Falcon Ave and take it to South Station, then grab the Red Line. You can take the Red Line to Park Street at Boston Commons and walk the Freedom Trail (this is what we are going to be doing next week) or switch to the Orange Line at Downtown Crossing and take the Orange Line directly to the Haymarket Stop.

It's like $2-$3 per person.

You can also switch to Orange line and take the State Street stop. That lets you off at the Old State House on the corner of State and Congress Streets across the street from Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall (they are behind 60 State Street). Got off there this morning on my way to work.

Edited by Teeara

Last Canada/NE cruise we did with Royal was back in 2014 on the Explorer. I remember in the terminal we bought tickets for a shuttle to and from the ship to Quincy Market. I don't remember the cost, but for some reason I'm thinking it was $20 round trip. Again I'm just guessing.

Another option may be the hop on/hop off trolley (http://www.trolleytours.com). That may be a nice way to see a little bit of Boston and Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall.

Don't forget the water taxi! We totally enjoyed taking that into downtown

right from the front of the ship. :)

Is that something new. I never saw that but that would be a nice ride into town.

You can also switch to Orange line and take the State Street stop. That lets you off at the Old State House on the corner of State and Congress Streets across the street from Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall (they are behind 60 State Street). Got off there this morning on my way to work.

Thank you all for such good advice

Thank you all for such good advice

You are most welcome! We fell in love with Boston, visiting for the first time,

and the water taxi was one of the highlights to viewing the waterfront. Will

do it again the next time we are there! :)