Honeymoon on the oasis of the sea...any perk?

Hi all!!! I'm new to the forums and new to cruising. My fiancé and I have booked our honeymoon on the oasis of the sea for July 2017 and were super excited. We want to be able to get as much as possible out of this trip. Do they do anything for honeymoons? We booked through a third party and they offered some things, but they are not directly from RC. Will they still be able to make our trip special? We also booked the superior OV balcony room that's port side and mid ship at a D5. Any good? I appreciate all comments.

Edited by Desinico

... We also booked the superior OV balcony room that's port side and mid ship at a D5. Any good? I appreciate all comments

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I think the ocean view balcony stateroom will be excellent. Congratulations!

Edited by clarea

As far as anything free... Absolutely not. I believe they had a honeymooners get together when I was on my honeymoon in 08 on mariner. But yeah, nothing free. Romance packages is all. But they cost $

Ha! I figured. I knew it was a long shot.

Hi all!!! I'm new to the forums and new to cruising. My fiancé and I have booked our honeymoon on the oasis of the sea for July 2017 and were super excited. We want to be able to get as much as possible out of this trip. Do they do anything for honeymoons? We booked through a third party and they offered some things, but they are not directly from RC. Will they still be able to make our trip special? We also booked the superior OV balcony room that's port side and mid ship at a D5. Any good? I appreciate all comments.

Try joining the newlyweds game show. If you are into adventure this will be a blast. No guarantees you will be chosen as the newlyweds but it will be a fun time[emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you want anything extra you must pay for it. everyone is celebrating something on board and other than MAYBE a piece of cake with a candle in it being brought out after dinner one evening, the ships do not do anything special.

We honeymooned on Oasis and there was indeed a honeymoon party one evening. There was a cake and champagne for everyone. It was also a nice way to meet other couples. Make sure your TA notes on your booking that it's your honeymoon

Congrats! The ship usually has a honeymooners party as mentioned.

You have a great balcony catagory. Enjoy some time out there with the stars and the ocean. Try a walk or two around the open decks at night for romance. There are few people out after the late shows we find. We have even been alone playing mini golf at night. It seems at times there are lots of people around but you can find quiet areas too. Sit in Central Park at night for a few minutes and enjoy the music they sometimes have out there.

Of course there's lots of action too with shows and bars. Have a great time!

We have bought a couple of the romance packages and have enjoyed them.

Edited by cruiselvr04

Congrats and welcome to CC

We were invited to the Honeymoon party, they gave out door prizes, Nothing much... We were also on the Love and marriage show, but that is a hit and miss to be chosen for that. Each Ship/CD has their own way of picking 3 couples.

Edited by LilBlackDress

Congrats and welcome to CC

We were invited to the Honeymoon party, they gave out door prizes, Nothing much... We were also on the Love and marriage show, but that is a hit and miss to be chosen for that. Each Ship/CD has their own way of picking 3 couples.

How does one get chosen? Is it like the shows they had back in the 70's where your spouse is asked questions about you?

How does one get chosen? Is it like the shows they had back in the 70's where your spouse is asked questions about you?

Yes, it's like the newlywed game. Show up really early, sit in the front, and be very fun and outgoing. I've seen them choose by lottery and by other ways that depend more on personality. You are the show, and you'll be on the tv too, so they want people who will make it a good show.

If you are using a boutique travel agent, and they know it's your honeymoon, they might send a gift to your cabin. If it's a big agency and you don't know the agent, don't expect anything.

Like I said, hit and miss... When we were picked, they wanted a couple married that weekend. It was us and another couple both married the same day, so they asked each couple what time the ceremony was....

On our last cruise, they had couples interested in participating to come in early and they basically drew numbers for each age group...

Ha! I figured. I knew it was a long shot.

As a new cruiser with booking in July 2017 yet, be mindful of possibility of lower cruise prices. Check often by yourself and with your TA.

You can use your "savings" into perks for your honeymoon. Just a thought.

Saw one where contestants in each category (newly wed - middle years - and been married forever) were selected by who could do the best Tarzan - Jane impersonation- Kinda strange. Some of the questions/answers are kinda set-up, but its all for laughs. Doesn't really matter who wins - Losing answers can be funnier. All couples do seem to get what looks like a nice gift basket, and you become mini-celebrities for the rest of the cruise. Not entirely sure if that's a good thing:).

D5 SBL are nicer cabins and a bit bigger than the DBL plus you are on at least deck 12. We love the higher decks. If you really want to spoil yourself, book a GS or better. I gives you a few more perks than others. Also, Oasis will be in her new home of PC. We look forward to our newest ship.

Edited by troykahack