New York Deli to Anthem of the Seas

hallasm

“A Bite of the Big Apple: Royal Caribbean Brings a New York Deli to Anthem of the Seas.”

Guests onboard Royal Caribbean's Anthem of the Seas can get a real taste of New York when they dine in the Windjammer's New York Deli. Experience specially prepared deli favorites like pastrami sandwiches, rye bread and kosher pickles that the Big Apple is so well known for.

Looking forward to my Anthem cruise in September.

[YOUTUBE]2dcPFwkFeFw[/YOUTUBE]

The quantum class ships are great. Been on oasis class, quantum class and vision class, so far quantum class has been my favourite. They really are beautiful ships, with great venues. It might take traditional cruisers time to understand the dining and entertainment set up, as u have to book things really. But i did it all before I boarded, so had stress free amazing time. The cafe two70 does all the deli sandwiches and salads too that were great. I really did like the park cafe on harmony of the seas though the choice was amazing and ended up being my favourite place on board to eat i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The quantum class ships are great. Been on oasis class, quantum class and vision class, so far quantum class has been my favourite. They really are beautiful ships, with great venues. It might take traditional cruisers time to understand the dining and entertainment set up, as u have to book things really. But i did it all before I boarded, so had stress free amazing time. The cafe two70 does all the deli sandwiches and salads too that were great. I really did like the park cafe on harmony of the seas though the choice was amazing and ended up being my favourite place on board to eat i think.

You aren't kidding!!!! It took me all day, this past Sunday to make dinner reservations, reservations for shows, IFly, Northstar....and making sure all of our group was linked together. What a pain..lol. :D

It will all be worth it champagne123. Dont know if you have tried the ifly before but it is really fun. Quite exausting actually. Your only in the actual wind tunnel for like 1-2mins but it feels like forever lol. 917488c15200ba14bd386e0302d432a8.jpg

It will all be worth it champagne123. Dont know if you have tried the ifly before but it is really fun. Quite exausting actually. Your only in the actual wind tunnel for like 1-2mins but it feels like forever lol. 917488c15200ba14bd386e0302d432a8.jpg

Not yet!!!! Cruise is in 7 weeks and we are all so excited. Thanks for the great pic. So glad we were able to get reservations for it instead of being on "stand by". :):):)

Well, I didn't see any overstuffed sandwiches or half sour pickles. I'm not a New Yorker, but I think the Scottish chef missed a few things when he went to New York.

Oh, Sharon. You are such a plethora of information and have helped thousands of us when cruising out of Florida. DON'T RUIN MY DELI SANDWICHES!!!! LOL. :):):)

I miss "Stage deli" and Juniors is also good ( we will stick to midtown since they are walking distance to our hotel , but do need to try Katz, we visit every year

Every time I'm at Katz's, I keep thinking of the scene from the movie "When Harry Met Sally" ... a classic, just like the Pastrami sandwiches!

Michael

If the picture was indicative of what they think a NY Deli sandwich is, they've never been to a New York deli. In Katz' that wouldn't even be a bite's worth:eek:

Same goes for Carnegie or Juniors. but they all cost about 20 for a sandwich, WJ needs more improvement then any other part of RCCL

Same goes for Carnegie or Juniors. but they all cost about 20 for a sandwich, WJ needs more improvement then any other part of RCCL

True, but a pastrami on rye from Carnegie and a pickle, and I'm good for the day. :) Windjammer...not so much:(

Edited by orville99

Always wanted to try Katz but never in that area. Stage Deli was our go to for years. Now, I think it is Stagecoach Sports Bar.😢 Tried Carnegie again this summer. It was much better than I remembered. I agree a RCL video sandwiches were not New York Deli size! Maybe you can ask for 5 times the meat and cheese.🤗