Long Beach, Mobile, and Fort Lauderdale added to Staggered Check

annabell08

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Baltimore, Barcelona, Charleston, Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk.

Staggered Check-In will be rolling out in Long Beach, Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) and Mobile on the following dates:

Carnival Imagination Long Beach 10/06/2016 onwards

Carnival Inspiration Long Beach 10/07/2016 onwards

Carnival Miracle Long Beach 10/08/2016 onwards

Carnival Conquest Fort Lauderdale 10/09/2016 onwards

Carnival Fantasy Mobile 11/09/2016 onwards

Edited by annabell08
link not working

So if we have FTTF we shouldn't check in until 12:30?

With Diamond/Platinum/FTTF you can check in at any time, BUT you still need to choose a time.

12:30 is the earliest times slot to choose. Seems to be no more 9:30 Early Check In in front of the Dome.

OK I went into my booking and clicked on Check in and there were the time slots.

You are right that they list 12:30 as the earliest and that is waaaaay later than we usually arrive!!

We have a suite and FTTF and I am planning to be there earlier so I hope they have people ready to check us in before that!! I don't sail until March so hopefully the folks going before that will report back after their cruises!!

Maybe they will add earlier slots as 12:30 is way too late for the very first group!!

LOL, this should get interesting with the first times being a 12:30 checkin time.....invariably someone will post "I paid for a 7 day cruise, not a 6/12 day cruise, I WANT (I love that, lol) to be able to check in earlier" :D

Edited by First and Ten

OK I went into my booking and clicked on Check in and there were the time slots.

You are right that they list 12:30 as the earliest and that is waaaaay later than we usually arrive!!

We have a suite and FTTF and I am planning to be there earlier so I hope they have people ready to check us in before that!! I don't sail until March so hopefully the folks going before that will report back after their cruises!!

Maybe they will add earlier slots as 12:30 is way too late for the very first group!!

For Long Beach---

Quite a few have reported back that they haven't been able to board in Long Beach until almost 1. Our January Journeys cruise we didn't board until this time because the ship had a full Coast Guard Inspection and Crew Immigration Check. Bonus--it was raining during check in.

Driving we usually arrive around noon-1, when we take the trains/Passport bus we usually arrive around 11:30.

For the FTTF folk it looks like a perk is 'kind of' being eliminated as cabins are ready by 1pm the vast majority of the cruises.

We have stayed at the Maya nearby the last 2 cruises to get an extra day away before the cruise.

We end up at the port around 10:30- 11 and have usually been on board by 12-12:30 the latest.

IF they first start checking in folks at 12:30 that means the majority of people won't start to get onto the ship until 1PM the earliest!! That is craaazy since you are right that cabins should be ready by that time!

I am not happy about this!

Edited by riffatsea

The Long Beach 12:30pm first time seems kind of late, but I went online and booked that. We are on the first cruise to roll it out (October 8). The latest check-in time is 3:00-3:30pm and we are supposed to sail at 4:30pm.

We have FTTF for this one, and I am not sure I would have done it knowing they were rolling the staggered check-in out with earliest check-in at 12:30pm. It will still benefit us because we have 2 Cabo days where we tender, but the main reason I did it was because it was a real blessing at embarkation when we cruised out of Long Beach March 2015. I will talk to my party (2 rooms with FTTF) and we may just cancel FTTF. We have time to think about it.

Edited by oumagic

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Baltimore, Barcelona, Charleston, Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk.

Staggered Check-In will be rolling out in Long Beach, Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) and Mobile on the following dates:

Carnival Imagination Long Beach 10/06/2016 onwards

Carnival Inspiration Long Beach 10/07/2016 onwards

Carnival Miracle Long Beach 10/08/2016 onwards

Carnival Conquest Fort Lauderdale 10/09/2016 onwards

Carnival Fantasy Mobile 11/09/2016 onwards

Thanks for the info, just went in and updated my check in time for Nov Fantasy sailing out of Mobile

The Long Beach 12:30pm first time seems kind of late, but I went online and booked that. We are on the first cruise to roll it out (October 8). The latest check-in time is 3:00-3:30pm and we are supposed to sail at 4:30pm.

We have FTTF for this one, and I am not sure I would have done it knowing they were rolling the staggered check-in out with earliest check-in at 12:30pm. It will still benefit us because we have 2 Cabo days where we tender, but the main reason I did it was because it was a real blessing at embarkation when we cruised out of Long Beach March 2015. I will talk to my party (2 rooms with FTTF) and we may just cancel FTTF. We have time to think about it.

You will want to keep it with two tendered ports. Day 2 in Cabo won't be bad to get off but it can be up to a two hour wait Day 1.

Looks like I'll be on the first fur the Miracle. Have FTTF but I've alwaysbeen aboard in LB by noon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Won't be on til later, if Staggered didn't even begin til 12:30

You will want to keep it with two tendered ports. Day 2 in Cabo won't be bad to get off but it can be up to a two hour wait Day 1.

We've found the second day to have no tender lines. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app