Koningsdam MDR table guide?

Sea Belle

We would like to request a specific dining area for our upcoming cruise as we have in the past. Does anyone know where we might see a MDR seating guide for the Koningsdam? ;) Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Just google - Pinnacle Class - Hal Cruiser Information

It's right at the top - dining room layout ;)

Edited by kazu

I assume that the big RED numbers are the serving stations? If so -- some numbers are missing.

My guess is that serving station 1 takes care of all the blue outlined zones 101 to 104, station 2 covers 201 to 204, etc. Stations 4 and 5 are larger, and have seven and six zones respectively. Edited by catl331

HAL usually uses the upper one for fixed dining. What about Koningsdam so far?

The initial reports indicate that traditional dining has been seated on both levels, and that Open seating guests have been filled in to unoccupied tables around traditional dining guests. I have also read that it seems to be causing some service flow issues for guests and staff alike.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Also -- what is the difference between red tables and blue -- I see a lot of these colors on the upper level.

The initial reports indicate that traditional dining has been seated on both levels, and that Open seating guests have been filled in to unoccupied tables around traditional dining guests.
So the red tables in the upper level could be Open seating maybe?

Edited by jtl513

So the red tables in the upper level could be Open seating maybe?

It's hard to know what all the colors on the dining room map are for - this may have been screenshot printouts from a specific cruise and could be unrelated to fixed/open seating in general .... could have had to do with unallocated tables, tables with open seats for open dining, any number of things really. We have yellow with black #'s yellow with red numbers, no color with black numbers, no color with red chairs .....

If I had to venture a guess I'd say the yellow tables were, on that cruise at the specific time this was printed/scanned, unallocated and could handle anytime dining guests, the red numbers on yellow tables representing available two-tops and the red chair tables were groups of tables allocated to a group/linked bookings .... but that's just a guess and has no basis in any inside knowledge

We would like to request a specific dining area for our upcoming cruise as we have in the past. Does anyone know where we might see a MDR seating guide for the Koningsdam? ;) Any suggestions would be appreciated. :D

Do you request it from a department in HAL in Seattle? Any magic words that you use?:D

Requesting a specific table for dining.

I can only address the Lower Level; anytime dining.

As soon as you board the ship either go to MDR or call for dining reservations and request a specific table number and time. The standard reply is that we can not guarantee specific tables. Then hopefully you can reply that we are 4 or 5 star Mariners, in a suite, love HAL, this is our anniversary cruise, etc and the staff are more accommodating. Then be sure to get to MDR a little early to let them know which table you have requested. It has worked for us.

We had open seating/My Time Dining on Koningsdam and were seated on both levels during the week. We like later dining so usually between 8-8:30.

On our cruise on the Westerdam, both upper and lower dining were used for fixed and open. We were in the lower dining room but booked in fixed dining.

How does someone request a specific table? Do you ask at the dining room? And when?

When we book a cruise, our TA requests the early fixed dining for us. Also tells the person in Seattle that we want such-and-such table number for 2 people.

It isn't until we get on the ship that we actually see if we got what she requested for us.

• 10 months later...

Wow!

Requesting a specific table for dining.

I can only address the Lower Level; anytime dining.

As soon as you board the ship either go to MDR or call for dining reservations and request a specific table number and time. The standard reply is that we can not guarantee specific tables. Then hopefully you can reply that we are 4 or 5 star Mariners, in a suite, love HAL, this is our anniversary cruise, etc and the staff are more accommodating. Then be sure to get to MDR a little early to let them know which table you have requested. It has worked for us.