Price drop

natpoo

So I purchased two rooms on the majesty leaving in September. The price drop over $200. So I called customer service and they upgraded my room. But there was still a balance that they said could not be returned or credit. Ok I get it even though a credit would mean I would spend on board but ok. So I asked if the could at least give me a soda package for my rooms or comp gratuity for a room. I was polite when I asked, they turned me down. I asked for a supervisor and he turned me down. I almost felt like he didn't care to hear what I had to say. I'm a bit disappointed with their decision. This is my first cruise with Royal. Was I wrong to ask? Should I ask again or let it go?

So I purchased two rooms on the majesty leaving in September. The price drop over $200. So I called customer service and they upgraded my room. But there was still a balance that they said could not be returned or credit. Ok I get it even though a credit would mean I would spend on board but ok. So I asked if the could at least give me a soda package for my rooms or comp gratuity for a room. I was polite when I asked, they turned me down. I asked for a supervisor and he turned me down. I almost felt like he didn't care to hear what I had to say. I'm a bit disappointed with their decision. This is my first cruise with Royal. Was I wrong to ask? Should I ask again or let it go?

an upgrade is all you can hope for when there is a price drop after final. All lines work the same way

Let it go.

It has been policy for years that there are no price drops or on board credit given after final payment.

The only way to get a credit back after final payment date is if the price drops (and you claim the credit) within 48 hours of booking.

I just went through the same thing. Booked last Saturday for October-paid in full. 6 days later it was $400 less. I called and was turned down for anything. I knew that was going to happen but called anyway. I know it's policy but...if I bought a flat screen TV for $2500 and 6 days later it's on sale for $1999, the store would refund the difference...a friend booked air fare with Southwest 7 months ago and the price dropped 4 times and every time it did, she called and got a credit towards a future trip....just sayin...

I am happy with what I paid and happy with the cabin we were assigned (we booked balcony guarantee), but some on board credit would of been sweet!

...a friend booked air fare with Southwest 7 months ago and the price dropped 4 times and every time it did, she called and got a credit towards a future trip......

That's a Southwest thing, you won't find that on the other major airlines.

That's a Southwest thing, you won't find that on the other major airlines.

Sure they will, if your flight drops by $100 they will reduce the fare by that much, then charge you a $200 rebooking fee.

I hate airlines, they need to start reading their history to find out what happens to companies that act this way when they are the only game in town. Technology is going to catch them eventually and they will end up just like railroads.

Sure they will, if your flight drops by $100 they will reduce the fare by that much, then charge you a $200 rebooking fee.

I hate airlines, they need to start reading their history to find out what happens to companies that act this way when they are the only game in town. Technology is going to catch them eventually and they will end up just like railroads.

Another internet airline CEO. :rolleyes: