Beverage Card

Tiggipaws

Perfect. Thanks. Drink prices seem quite reasonable; many lower than on Carnival.

Sadly, the wines I would want are all pretty much over $8/glass.

Might have to stick to mostly beer. I tend to not drink much beer when I sail simply because it's so filling and I'm already consuming about 4x the amount of calories i normally consume just from all the food! :p

Thanks again for the helpful info.

I just noticed that those prices are from July 2015 not 2016. So they are probably a little higher now.

I was thinking they were pretty reasonable too. I will see if I can find prices more up to date.

If I'm reading it correctly, there are only 2 white wines that are under the $8.00 Explore4 umbrella?? Too bad! Would this be at all the bars? And if you're having dinner at the Dining Room, do you just order your cocktail or glass of wine and give them the Explore 4 card or do you get it from the bar and bring it to the table with you?

If I'm reading it correctly, there are only 2 white wines that are under the $8.00 Explore4 umbrella?? Too bad! Would this be at all the bars? And if you're having dinner at the Dining Room, do you just order your cocktail or glass of wine and give them the Explore 4 card or do you get it from the bar and bring it to the table with you?

I see 7 white wines that cost less than $8 per glass. These appear on the Dining Room Wine List on the second to last page. Since most people drink wine with dinner, this list is probably used the most.

See my previous post to get to the Dining room wine list.

In the dining room you will order your drinks from the waiter. Do not walk in with a drink in your hand.

I have never had the drinks package, but I imagine you just tell the waiter that you have it.

I see 7 white wines that cost less than $8 per glass. These appear on the Dining Room Wine List on the second to last page. Since most people drink wine with dinner, this list is probably used the most.

In the dining room you will order your drinks from the waiter. Do not walk in with a drink in your hand.

I have never had the drinks package, but I imagine you just tell the waiter that you have it.

The Signature Beverage package is loaded onto your ID card. Just hand that card to your waiter.

Since when can't you walk into the dining room with a drink? Many times we have been at the Ocean Bar and still had drink left and took it to the dining room.

You can't be serious. Do you have any idea how many people carry their drink into the MDR from the Ocean Bar? Every night for many of us.

Sorry, I guess a lot of people walk in to the dining room with drinks in hand, I never noticed this. I know that it would rude, or even illegal, to do so in most land restaurants, so I just assumed it would be not a good thing to do on a cruise too. I know that I would feel strange doing it.

Sorry, I guess a lot of people walk in to the dining room with drinks in hand, I never noticed this. I know that it would rude, or even illegal, to do so in most land restaurants, so I just assumed it would be not a good thing to do on a cruise too. I know that I would feel strange doing it.

At a land-side restaurant you often wait in the bar for your table to be ready, then carry your drink with you into the DR (except in Virginia where it's illegal to carry your drink anywhere). No different on board ship - carry your drink from the bar to the MDR.

No need to feel strange, lots of your fellow passengers will be doing it.

At a land-side restaurant you often wait in the bar for your table to be ready, then carry your drink with you into the DR (except in Virginia where it's illegal to carry your drink anywhere). No different on board ship - carry your drink from the bar to the MDR.

I remember that archaic law! Not from Virginia, but from some Canadian provinces. The server had to carry it.... :eek: Thanks for that memory :)

Edited by VennDiagram

No need to feel strange, lots of your fellow passengers will be doing it.

I remember that archaic law! Not from Virginia, but from some Canadian provinces. The server had to carry it.... :eek: Thanks for that memory :)

Several times when we would have a cocktail in the Pinnacle Bar, when it was time to go in for dinner, one of the wine stewards would carry our drinks into the Pinnacle for us.

I did book last night. Yippee!

But the drinks package for 11 nights is still more than I want to pay.

I typically purchase a wine package on Carnival.

I can order any bottle in the package at my table and they keep the open bottle for the next night. But I can also get a bottle at any bar or in the dining room to take back to my cabin to enjoy a glass while getting ready for dinner. Does anyone do that on HAL or do you use it strictly in the dining room?

Per the link provided, it looks like those package prices include the 15% service charge, correct? If so, the prices seem comparable to Carnival's package at about $30/bottle for the Navigator packages and around $39/bottle for the Admiral.

I see a Washington Riesling listed on the by-the-glass list. On my Zaandam cruise, two of our tablemates were women from Seattle who ordered a bottle one night and shared with us. I loved it but foolishly didn't make note of the name. I'm hoping the one listed at $7.25/glass is the same wine. I typically drink Pinot Grigio, but really enjoyed that Riesling.

I did book last night. Yippee!

But the drinks package for 11 nights is still more than I want to pay.

I typically purchase a wine package on Carnival.

I can order any bottle in the package at my table and they keep the open bottle for the next night. But I can also get a bottle at any bar or in the dining room to take back to my cabin to enjoy a glass while getting ready for dinner. Does anyone do that on HAL or do you use it strictly in the dining room?

Works like that on HAL also

Per the link provided, it looks like those package prices include the 15% service charge, correct?

That's correct.

I see a Washington Riesling listed on the by-the-glass list. On my Zaandam cruise, two of our tablemates were women from Seattle who ordered a bottle one night and shared with us. I loved it but foolishly didn't make note of the name. I'm hoping the one listed at $7.25/glass is the same wine. I typically drink Pinot Grigio, but really enjoyed that Riesling.

Probably the same but not a sure thing.

It's done on land so why not on the ship? It's called your happy hour drink. I see it all the time!

For one of the perks on our upcoming cruise, I will be getting a $100 beverage card. Do you know if I can use that card to purchase a card for $25 for $50 of dispensed soda? We don't drink much alcohol, but on a 21-day cruise, I am pretty sure we will drink a lot of soda!

You can't use one card to purchase a different card. You may be able to turn the card in for credit to use to purchase a different card (2 steps, instead of one), but perhaps not, too.

However, the easiest thing to do is just use the beverage card for soda. You will get a full can instead of a glass at a time.