Aerosols on Pearl

fuzzychop1

One of the members of my group said that she read that you could not take aerosols on the ship and they would confiscate it even from your checked luggage. I can't imagine this is an issue but I thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks!

One of the members of my group said that she read that you could not take aerosols on the ship and they would confiscate it even from your checked luggage. I can't imagine this is an issue but I thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks!

I've taken on aerosol hair spray without any issues.

What can't I bring onboard?

Passenger is not allowed to bring on board the vessel any alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages of any kind including water, soda and juices*, firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.

For more information read our FAQ about "Can I bring water or soda on board?".

Unsealed food items will not be allowed onboard.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#what-to-bring

I thought at first the post was asking about Aerosoles the shoes. Those are not allowed[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh?

The only reason for not doing aerosol suntan lotion is when the ship is at sea the stuff blows all over the place and makes the floors more slippery, and is frequently sprayed inadvertently on a neighbor but it is allowed! :D

no problem with the hairspray! essential for me!!

Its not about bringing aerosols aboard ship, but rather flying with them in your luggage to your port of embarkation. "Aerosols are prohibited with the exception of personal care items or toiletries in limited quantities. The FAA prohibits these devices in checked baggage." I would imagine three or four spray cans in your checked luggage could trigger a TSA search, and possible confiscation of the product. We don't pack sunscreen in our checked luggage when flying, and pick it up locally before we embark.;)

We will be on the Gem for a B2B from PR. Will bring enough Deet to bath in. Since this is ground zero for Zika will see what TSA does since CDC says tourist should use it. May need bail money:confused:

We will be on the Gem for a B2B from PR. Will bring enough Deet to bath in. Since this is ground zero for Zika will see what TSA does since CDC says tourist should use it. May need bail money:confused:

But CDC doesn't say you should fly with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we were on the Pearl in April doing the repo through S. America and Mexico, NCL was kind enough to provide every cabin with spray pump bottles of insect repellent. I'm not sure if this is standard operating procedure on all cruises through mosquito areas, but we were pleasantly surprised by this free gift from NCL (at least until we were stuck in a van with another passenger on an excursion, and she started spraying it on INSIDE the van with the windows closed). :mad:

Deep Woods Off has pump spray bottles with 25% DEET vs the usual 15%. Its actually available in our local supermarket in the laundry section.:eek: We use this camping up north in the UP of Michigan, and works very well. It is highly unlikely to be mistaken for an aerosol can in our luggage.;)

When we were on the Pearl in April doing the repo through S. America and Mexico, NCL was kind enough to provide every cabin with spray pump bottles of insect repellent. I'm not sure if this is standard operating procedure on all cruises through mosquito areas, but we were pleasantly surprised by this free gift from NCL (at least until we were stuck in a van with another passenger on an excursion, and she started spraying it on INSIDE the van with the windows closed). :mad:

These were put into our cabin on the Dawn back at the end of May when we sailed to W. Caribbean. We also found it a nice surprise when we came back from dinner on the first night.

As for spraying inside a closed vehicle. Just another case of not thinking about anyone but themself. Doing that could have triggered a bad attack in an asthmatic. Should of done it back in the cabin or waited and done it outside of the bus. Should not be done without asking others if it may cause a problem first.

Its not about bringing aerosols aboard ship, but rather flying with them in your luggage to your port of embarkation. "Aerosols are prohibited with the exception of personal care items or toiletries in limited quantities. The FAA prohibits these devices in checked baggage." I would imagine three or four spray cans in your checked luggage could trigger a TSA search, and possible confiscation of the product. We don't pack sunscreen in our checked luggage when flying, and pick it up locally before we embark.;)

We've always flown with sunscreen in our checked baggage so I just did a search on TSA's website (5 oz aerosol sunscreen) and it said it allows in your checked luggage. Copied below:

Search Results For:

5 oz aerosol sunscreen

icon_check.pngCheck Only

You may carry liquids, gels and aerosols in your carry-on bags only if they adhere to the 3-1-1 rule: containers must be 3.4 ounces or less; stored in a 1 quart/liter zip-top bag; 1 zip-top bag per person, placed in the screening bin. Larger amounts of non-medicinal liquids, gels, and aerosols must be placed in checked baggage.

Folks should not worry about traveling with aerosol personal care items. If they exceed 3 oz, they should be packed in your checked luggage. TSA will not confiscate these items. Sunscreen, hair spray, insect repellent, all can be put in your checked luggage. No problem.