Middle name on reservation

mafig

Does your middle name have to be on your reservation?

My husband's middle name does not appear on our "online reservation," just his first. It is listed on his passport.

On other lines it's not been a problem whether it was there or not, just if it was there that it had to be correct, but with MSC I am being extra careful.

It doesn't have to be on the cruise reservation, but does for any airline tickets
Sorry but that's incorrect. Middle names do not have to be on an airline booking. If it is specified, it must be the same as in the passport.

The only requirement for issuing an airline ticket is First/Given Name, Surname/Family Name and Title.

The OP had said that their middle name was on their passport, names on passports have to match exactly (especially for international flights)

No they don't. I make flight reservations every single day and I do not have to specify a passengers middle name, even if it is in their passport. As long as the first and surname are spelt correctly, that's all that's required.

If the airlines insisted on all names that are detailed in a passport are entered into a booking, I'd have a lot of clients denied boarding, and I don't.

It doesn't have to be on the cruise reservation, but does for any airline tickets

No it doesn't. I have never booked an airline ticket in my firstname middlename surname either for myself or any of my family.

On two occasions I did run into trouble when booking airline tickets

1) with BA when I booked my wife as MR Firstname Surname and she doesn't have a name that could either be male or female

2) with Icelandair I put the Firstname into the Surname field and vice versa - that cost €100 for a name change!!!!

Edited by tomvet