gelato and coffee card

Laurab23

I have a coffee card from a previous cruise. I know I can get regular brewed coffee with it but not the specialty coffees. Can I get the gelato with it?

Laura

In tribute to Gene Wilder, (RIP)...

giphy.gif

Edited by JimmyVWine

I have a coffee card from a previous cruise. I know I can get regular brewed coffee with it but not the specialty coffees. Can I get the gelato with it?

Laura

Free unlimited coffee is only for the cruise on which you get the card (assuming the ship and date are written on the back). The punches never expire, they are good until they're gone. Use the punches for specialty coffee, brewed coffee or gelato (IF the ship has gelato) or anything else the IC has that for which you'd use your card.

Many here will say gelato punches are only good on the Regal & Royal, but I got gelato on a cruise (can't remember which ship) and I've never been on the R&R.

Laura

I don't know about the gelato but I think you're mistaken about the coffee. You can still get the specialty coffee but you can't get the unlimited brewed coffee.

You can use a card punch from a coffee card purchased on a previous cruise for a cup of brewed or specialty coffee.

You can use a coffee card punch at Gelato's (Royal & Regal) which usually costs $3.50. The gelato at the IC ($1.50/3 scoops) on the Crown, Emerald & Ruby isn't promoted as accepting a card punch. However I've read posts that said a card punch was accepted & other times not so you could ask if you're sailing those newer Grand-class ships.

I prefer to use a card punch for a large $3.50 specialty coffee drink than for a $1.50 gelato. ;)

We were on the Ruby toward the end of May of this year and used an over 7 year old coffee card for gelato with no problem. However, the server had to bring someone over to show him the "old" coffee card because he thought it was neat.

Many here will say gelato punches are only good on the Regal & Royal, but I got gelato on a cruise (can't remember which ship) and I've never been on the R&R.

We were on the Ruby toward the end of May of this year and used an over 7 year old coffee card for gelato with no problem. However, the server had to bring someone over to show him the "old" coffee card because he thought it was neat.

Thanks for the updates...it makes sense for Princess to accept a coffee card punch for $1.50 gelato instead of a $3.50 specialty coffee or a Gelato's sundae on the Royal & Regal.

Laura

You can get both the specialty coffee and gelato, but with a punch on the card, not free.